Interested in meet-ups during my solo trips to Disney -- I have DVC, TIW, etc benefits to share

JudyS

Disney Lover, DVC Member, and Timeshare Fan!
I am a long-term Disney fanatic and member here on the DISboards. I live in Michigan and am getting to the age where winters here are tough. (Can't risk falling, etc.) So, I am thinking of spending maybe two months this winter visiting Disney, but DH is usually in Michigan working. (He *likes* working! So strange. I want to retire and move to Orlando.)

After decades of being a Disney fanatic, I have accumulated tons of various discounts -- I have Disney Vacation Club (DVC) perks, annual pass perks, I own lots of timeshares and can get extra timeshares weeks very inexpensively. But my friends and relatives are still working and are too busy to travel much. I don't have anyone to share all these fabulous discounts with!

So, here's a creative idea. Maybe someone on this board would like a "foster grandmother" (fairy godmother?) to meet up with for lunch or a few rides at Disney World, and I'll share my discounts with you. I like talking about all things Disney and Star Wars, and I'm told I'm also a good listener.

I have every Disney discount you've ever heard of, plus maybe a few you haven't heard of. I get 20% off all shopping at Disneyworld because I'm a DVC member, and I have annual pass and DVC dining discounts. If I have companions to go get full-service meals, I'll probably buy a Table in Wonderland card. We can split the cost of the meals using PayPal or Venmo on our phones.

If this works out and I get to know some of the people from this board, I also can get very nice Orlando timeshares (Sheraton, Marriott) off-season for under $500 a week for a two-bedroom Jacuzzi suite. Peak season is sometimes available for maybe $700 - $800 a week -- not bad for a two-bedroom Jacuzzi suite with a full kitchen. I'm not allowed to rent these at a profit, but I can book these for friends even when I'm not in Orlando. There may be other possibilities, too -- if I'm staying onsite during a DVC Moonlight Magic night, I can bring three other people with me (or two if DH is traveling with me.)

If this sounds interesting to you, send me a PM and maybe we can talk via phone or text. I really have no idea if I'll have no one respond to this thread, or will get tons of responses. If I'm slow getting back to you, please be patient!

I have had one person contact me about meeting up, which is nice. I thought this board would be a good place to post -- maybe folks here might like my sharing my discounts with them. But, I will also check out the meet-up board.

Last edited:
Go to the Disney for adults and solios forum here. I have met some very nice people (aren’t all Disney fans) on there. A couple of years ago we had a big group meetup at the Halloween party.

I'd love to meet up with you, I wish we were going in the winter but sadly our last trip for this year will be in late October. Don't you want to see the fall decor?? It's my goal to someday see Disney dressed up for Christmas. BTW, I lost my mother also named Judy to early onset Alzheimer's at age 66 a year ago next month.

Hi Judy! I live just north of Orlando and would love to meet up with you sometime - let me know when you are in the area :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter