Interesting thread on themeparks board ..party at stormalong bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinker74

<font color=darkorchid>I had goosebumps with the o
Iam amazed and speechless at a thread on the resorts board....t the girls parents are DVC members who are spending the night at the BC..they have asked BC if a few families can join them in the pool and have invited the WHOLE class to turn up and use the pool...:scared1:

Its on the board..sorry...I don't know how to change the title.:confused3

Thanks for post the thread Granny!

I didn't know you could rent out SAB from 11-1 for pool parties!(I love when someone posts info and others just ignore it). Wonder how many BCV owners know about this, considering all the id'ing and wristbanding that goes along with getting into SAB.

It doesn't appear by the OP's further posts in that thread that the DVC mother has made any special arrangements (i.e. the $250 payment for the sandcastle party, not renting extra villa for additional guests), also stating they are not even doing Beaches and Cream or drinks during the two hour party at SAB.

It will be interesting to see how the lifeguards at SAB and the list the front desk made of the attending children will all play out in the end.

If they are allowed to bring several off property guests to SAB after turning away so many previously (DVC members aren't even allowed to pool hop there), seems that would set a precedent that would be hard to follow.

~DW:3dglasses

It sounds to me like this could become a scene right out of the movie Caddy Shack :
When they let the "help" use the pool and facilities for the day. I think everyone knows how that ended...

Please forgive my sick sense of humor and note that this is not meant to offend or fuel flames on what may be a touchy subject to some.

Wow that one got me posting again, nothing like a good SAB crashing thread!

Now where's Beca........????

I saw this earlier, also. Wondered how long it was going to be before it landed here. Let the fun begin!

I'm thinking they might be disappointed! Isn't this a busy time?

This is what I was thinking, If we (DVC members) are not allowed to use SAB then how is this possible?

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION OPTIONS
Reservations: Call 407-WDW-BDAY (*Prices Subject to Change*)

Sandcastle Club at Disney's Beach Club Resort
Price: 2-hour party - $250.00 plus tax for the first 12 children; $20.00 plus tax for each additional child
Hours: 11:00am - 1:00pm

Harbor Club at Disney's BoardWalk Resort
Price: $250 plus tax for the first 12 children. $20 plus tax for each additional child

Simba's Cubhouse at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Price: 3-hour party - $350.00 plus tax for the first 12 children. $20 plus tax for each additional child.
Hours: 11:00am to 2:00pm

You do not even have to be a DVC member to do this.

Disney can get away with this because Beach Club, Boardwalk and AKL are Disney Hotel properties that share the Pools with DVC members (BCV & BWV now, AKV soon) I'm glad my home resort is SSR! I can't see Disney trying this at an all DVC property, like SSR or OKW.

Price: 2-hour party - $250.00 plus tax for the first 12 children; $20.00 plus tax for each additional child

Harbor Club at Disney's BoardWalk Resort
Price: $250 plus tax for the first 12 children. $20 plus tax for each additional child

Simba's Cubhouse at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Price: 3-hour party - $350.00 plus tax for the first 12 children. $20 plus tax for each additional child.
Hours: 11:00am to 2:00pm

after reading the entire thread on the other board, this is not what the mom is doing, she has asked the front desk for permission for a few friends to come for a swim. Interesting to see how it will all work out. Some are posting that the Sand Castle Club does not include access to SAB.

Um, that's for a party in the kid's club not the pool.

What the mom is doing is inviting non-hotel guests to the pool, something I thought was clearly forbidden. I'm imagining a lot of confusion next weekend.

Um, that's for a party in the kid's club not the pool.

What the mom is doing is inviting non-hotel guests to the pool, something I thought was clearly forbidden. I'm imagining a lot of confusion next weekend.

I just copied this from the original thread at the resort board, I could have sworn it said SAB.:guilty:

So let me get this straight! A non-member can just walk in say hey I'm going to a birthday party and get right in? While I as a DVC member can not get in? That does not sound right! When I'm at BWV in September I'll walk over with DS3 and say we are going to a birthday party. Think it will work?

PS Watch for Baby Ruth's

So let me get this straight! A non-member can just walk in say hey I'm going to a birthday party and get right in? While I as a DVC member can not get in? That does not sound right! When I'm at BWV in September I'll walk over with DS3 and say we are going to a birthday party. Think it will work?

:rotfl2: Boy I wish it were just that easy! To think all this time I could have just said "I'm having a party!!!"

Too bad "DVC Birthday Party Mom" thinks for some bizarre reason that just because she's a DVC member that she's above the rules... When they don't let her whole party in she's probably going make a big scene yelling about how she's spent thousands of dollars, blah, blah, blah....

That, my fellow members, is what gives some of us a bad name... I've got no doubt some "connected" people will be watching this try to go down... Maybe a few DVC members will come to a poor CM's rescue to remind Mom of what's she allowed to do and what she's not allowed to do...

Too bad I won't be at SAB that weekend to watch! popcorn:: But in the end, there will be a bunch of disappointed kids -- I think "DVC Birthday Party Mom" should take them to Blizzard Beach instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter