• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

International travel restrictions

@AngelDisney But if the parks are going to be drastically limited on rides, no Christmas party or Candlelight Processional, I might be tempted to postpone. The reason for going in December is for the Christmas stuff...*sigh*
I am actually more concerned with the 14-day quarantine issue as I need to return to work within a week after the trip. I booked renting DVC points, so there’s another problem to consider. If I can’t cancel my DVC bookings and cross border travel is open without the self quarantine requirement, I may still go even if there’s less Christmas stuff to do. But do I really want to risk this when there’s no vaccine out yet? My first time renting DVC points and here comes COVID-19. I just have to keep praying!

Oh, 100% Canadians will be required to quarantine for the 14 days upon returning from out of the country. That's another issue in itself.

DVC points definitely changes things for you!

BlogMickey just posted that Florida pushed the relaxed social distancing measures out to June 14 versus the original June 1.

So I guess that means no Disney until at least June 14th now. Didn't Disney start taking reservations starting June 1?

Not quite ;). The post (that reposted a tidbit from other news outlets) talked about how one of the models used, the IHME one, now pegged Florida for a mid-June target date to relax the measures. It has nothing to do with the state itself or its governing parties. The governor can choose to follow this model‘s advice or to ignore it. I do know that the governor has not been overly impressed with the model as it predicted significantly more deaths and health care system pressures than what actually transpired.

@AngelDisney But if the parks are going to be drastically limited on rides, no Christmas party or Candlelight Processional, I might be tempted to postpone. The reason for going in December is for the Christmas stuff...*sigh*

We currently have a Christmas 2020 trip booked but -- no fireworks, no party, no processional, no Dessert Parties, no extras, etc.... makes it hardly worth paying a premium for.... and really .... accommodations are crazy more expensive at Christmas.

I'm totally tossing up rebooking to another time or maybe for Christmas 2021.

We also booked a trip this Christmas and I am heartbroken that we will be cancelling it. I have been planning/saving/collecting Airmiles for 3 years for this trip, but we can't travel with my medically fragile daughter, I am certain we will not be able to get medical travel insurance for her. Not sure if we should reschedule for Christmas 2021 (will be so crowded with rescheduled trips and the anniversary) or wait for Christmas 2022 which will be pure agony to wait another 2 years. These Disney trips are the only vacations we take because of how difficult it is to travel with my daughter, so we look forward to these escapes. Oh well, it will be wonderful when we eventually get there I guess!

We also booked a trip this Christmas and I am heartbroken that we will be cancelling it. I have been planning/saving/collecting Airmiles for 3 years for this trip, but we can't travel with my medically fragile daughter, I am certain we will not be able to get medical travel insurance for her. Not sure if we should reschedule for Christmas 2021 (will be so crowded with rescheduled trips and the anniversary) or wait for Christmas 2022 which will be pure agony to wait another 2 years. These Disney trips are the only vacations we take because of how difficult it is to travel with my daughter, so we look forward to these escapes. Oh well, it will be wonderful when we eventually get there I guess!
😪 Sorry that you're at that point.... but I think we are too.... I just wish I knew when I should book for?

Oh, 100% Canadians will be required to quarantine for the 14 days upon returning from out of the country. That's another issue in itself.

DVC points definitely changes things for you!
I might be an optimist, but I am hoping for some type of testing that could be used as soon as you return from outside of the Country, might mean a few days of isolation while waiting for test results instead of the 14 day quarantine.

So not from North but at the boarder. I will say I find it very unlikely the US is opening to even Canadians anytime soon.

This is not meant to be political but Trump has zero reason to want the potential of even 1 infected person coming over the boarder. Then on the other hand the Dems have zero reason to open the boarder because they want to nail Trump on COVID in November for the election and how they supposedly were the sole reason anyone lived in the US.

My best of health wishes go to everyone. Hopeful that there is some crazy breakthrough and we look back this summer at how crazy things were. At the same time hunkering down to think of ways to get through the next 10-12 months if needed.

So not from North but at the boarder. I will say I find it very unlikely the US is opening to even Canadians anytime soon.

This is not meant to be political but Trump has zero reason to want the potential of even 1 infected person coming over the boarder. Then on the other hand the Dems have zero reason to open the boarder because they want to nail Trump on COVID in November for the election and how they supposedly were the sole reason anyone lived in the US.

My best of health wishes go to everyone. Hopeful that there is some crazy breakthrough and we look back this summer at how crazy things were. At the same time hunkering down to think of ways to get through the next 10-12 months if needed.

Your post is blatantly political.

At a news conference on April 15th Trump said “Our relationship with Canada is very good - we’ll talk about that. It will be one of the early borders to be released. Canada’s doing well, we’re doing well - so we’ll see.”

He was right about Canada doing well overall. The US, on the other hand...less so. 😒

I think it was a few days later the border closure got extended another month.

Difference between containing politics or being political. It contains politics because that is what ultimately controls the boarders in the US. It is not political because I am not saying anyone involved is right or wrong.

At a news conference on April 15th Trump said “Our relationship with Canada is very good - we’ll talk about that. It will be one of the early borders to be released. Canada’s doing well, we’re doing well - so we’ll see.”

I will say the president in news conferences is not always stating what the actual plan is but is simply stating what he believes will help the economy. Again I am not here to debate politics but thought it was important for those who might not be familiar with the situation and get a random clip or two about Trump.

He was right about Canada doing well overall. The US, on the other hand...less so. 😒

I personally view it as not having as much to do with Canada but the US. Also there are less potential legal questions here in the US regarding prolonged foreign boarder shutdowns vs shelter in place orders.

Meanwhile, listening to CBC radio today. There’s a discussion about cottagers being forbidden to visit their cottages, within the same province. The exception is to do needed repairs. I believe the fine mentioned in one jurisdiction was in the nature of $5000/day—not sure. So, sadly, there’s a good distance to go before anyone goes anywhere, even within the same province.

Meanwhile, listening to CBC radio today. There’s a discussion about cottagers being forbidden to visit their cottages, within the same province. The exception is to do needed repairs. I believe the fine mentioned in one jurisdiction was in the nature of $5000/day—not sure. So, sadly, there’s a good distance to go before anyone goes anywhere, even within the same province.

Ford was saying yesterday that people will probably be able to go their cottages for the long weekend.

I remember seeing a similar article a few weeks ago (ok, actually several weeks ago) about people fleeing to their cottages in places like upstate new york, the hamptons, etc... and a worry that the local infrastructure (hospitals in particular) weren't equipped to handle the potential volume of increase and the permanent locals were pleading with them to stay home and not come. It might be a bit of that here why they're being told not to go there.

I think it was a few days later the border closure got extended another month.
Yes, and I believe it was Canada who put the breaks on reopening the border and extended the shutdown.
I can see the border opening back up by June 1 but maybe I’m being a bit hopeful.

Yes, and I believe it was Canada who put the breaks on reopening the border and extended the shutdown.
I can see the border opening back up by June 1 but maybe I’m being a bit hopeful.
I could see June 1st but I also see the mandatory quarantine to still be in place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter