**Introduce yourself!!!**

Hi, my name is Leslye. My DH, Harold, and I have been married for 34 years. We have two lovely DD - Kimberly (29) and Katrina (24) [not Hurricane, but "The Lovely"] and two DSIL, Trent (30) and Bryan (40).

We live in the Napa Valley, California. Born and raised here. I am actually 4th generation. So -- if you have any questions, I'll try to answer them (you can PM me).

My first Disney trip was in 1958 to Disneyland. My husband's first trip was on our honeymoon in 1972. Both of my daughters have been either to DL or WDW every year since before they were born. Now, we actually try to go either to WDW or DL each once a year.

Next year my husband, Katrina, Bryan and I are sailing on the Med Cruise, adding a week at DLP [hence why I am on this discussion board] a couple of days at Barcelona and possibly some time in the UK. So, any hints anyone can give me will be much appreciated.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Leslye

sounds like your going to have a great trip :) both DLP and Barcelona are lovely.. I would recommend the Gaudi's Sagrada Familia cathedral as it so unusual and has so much detail.
I am going to California next year. we staying at Newport beach and San Diego. we will be visiting DL from Newport beach.

hi my name is ruth (32)and have a hubby, paul(37)from manchester and a little princess called madelane who has just had her fourth birthday in the wonderful world of DLP. This was our first magical trip and boy, will we be going again!!! I'm even thinking of going back to work so we can save up for the trip. The princesses are definately mine and madelane's favourite and well worth the 2 hour queue to see sleeping beauty and cinderella who was soo gorgeous, it made me cry when she spoke to madelane and gave her a kiss.

mmmmmagical!!!!!! :cloud9:

Wideeyes: You will LOVE Newport beach. If you need any help with your trip, please let me know. Just PM me and we will "get together" on the web.

Leslye

My name is Ann (38) and I am married to DH Robin (42). We have one DD Vanessa (11) and live near Exeter in Devon. I work full time as a licensed conveyancer. We also have 3 cats.

We first went to DLRP the year it opened in 1992 and have been back several times since then, most recently January 2005. We have stayed at DCR, SF, NB and SL as well as off-site.

We went to WDW in 1998 (ASM) and most recently for 3 weeks this Easter (AKL, ASMo, RPR) where we renewed our wedding vows to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. This was at Sunset Pointe at the Polynesian and Mickey & Minnie attended our reception. It was a lovely ceremony and very romantic and it was nice to include DD.

I love Disney and DD has grown up with Disney. DH is not so keen but suffers it as he knows we enjoy it so much.

I'm now looking at going back to DLRP at Christmas. It's my 40th birthday August 2007 and I'm hoping to go back to either DLRP or WDW to celebrate it.

If someone can tell me how to post photos then I'll try and post a photo from our recent WDW trip.

:simba: :stitch: :eeyore: pooh: :tigger: :ccat: :tink:

'Bout time I introduced myself properly. I'm Steve (36), got married last year to Sharon (3x!). We have 2 DD's, Danielle (9) and Keira (3 next week!). I am a computer programmer and we live in Guernsey.

We went to DLP for the 1st time last August which was our honeymoon - complete with kids! Stayed at Davy Crockett which we all enjoyed and will stay there again in the future. In August we are going to Sequoia Lodge, yippee!

Took Danielle on Space Mountain last year, she just scrapped through the height restriction, but as she came off looking rather white, I don't think I'll get to do that again soon! Sharon plucked up the courage and went on Dumbo and Casey Jr! :rotfl2: I would like her to try Big Thunder Mountain, but as Keira has got 5 cm's to grow before she can do BTM, I don't think that's going to happen this year.

Hi! :wave2:

My name is Donna and I'm a crazy obsessed Stitch person :rotfl2: I will soon be living with my boyfriend Tom who i've been with for 2 and a half years now. He loves Disney too :teeth: we've only had one trip as a couple so far and our 2nd will be in July.

I've been to Disneyland Paris twice (3rd time in 61 days! :love: ) and Disneyworld Florida once.

I've always loved Disney but I only got REALLY into it in about 1998 when my first ever trip was, and it gre on me more and more and now...well....i'm just a BIT crazy! :rotfl2:

Donna
xxx

Hi, :wave2: I have only just wandered over here to the DLP forum.

My name is Sara, I'm 31, and an infant teacher. I have been married to DH Martin for nearly 5 years and have one DS Luke who is 3, and a black cat called Maddy. I am currently working part time but am going back to full time in September - I need the money for all the holidays I plan! :teeth:

I am getting excited at the moment about my first ever Disney trip to WDW which is 9 weeks Saturday! None of us have ever been, DH is not quite as excited as DS and I but we are converting him slowly. :thumbsup2

However, I am now looking to go to DLP either at October half term, or for New Year. I love Christmas but find New Year a bit depressing, so I thought the best place to spend it would be near some Disney magic. Am going to concentrate on the WDW holiday first but then I will be over here constantly looking for help and advice. :goodvibes

Hi i'm Karen i am 33 years old. my husband is also 33years old we live in Weston-s-mare with our children William 7 and Lacey 3.

we love Disney :cool1:

we first went to DLP in 2000 when my mum and dad paid for us all to go with other family members. stayed Santa fe. 10 of us.

2001 went to WDW stayed offsite. 10 of us.

2002 DLP Newport bay. 3 of us.

2003 WDW stayed offsite 4 of us (lacey 8 months)

2004 DLP Santa Fe with friends just 4 adults.

2005 WDW stayed offsite 4 of us with our friends and their 2 children.

2006 DLP in September Cheyenne 4 adults. :banana:

2007 Booked for WDW staying offsite just the 4 of us. :banana: .

hi all
i`m liz and live in peterborough with my dh ,my 2 ds`s who are 4 and 6 and my dd who is 8 ,we are pretty much newcomers to the whole disney thing as this year was our first trip but we are well and truly hooked!!we stayed at davy crockett in march and are looking to book our trip for next march already although we are going to go by eurostar so need to stay in a hotel,we are finding this a real pain as there are 5 of us and it seems to be pretty limited for families of 5 ,i ahve been informed by the dl reservation line that the DLH now have opened up some rooms to sleep 5 buts its all a bit sketchy as to whether this is true and what the supplement is going to be for march time!thomas cook tell me this is untrue and to stay in the dlh we need 2 rooms and can quote me for that as they now have their march 2007 brochures out and DL reservation line tell me this is true but they can`t quote me as the prices for after xmas have not been released to anyone yet??? doesn`t quite make sense does it?
anyway hi all !!
liz

lizbro said:
hi all
i`m liz and live in peterborough with my dh ,my 2 ds`s who are 4 and 6 and my dd who is 8 ,we are pretty much newcomers to the whole disney thing as this year was our first trip but we are well and truly hooked!!we stayed at davy crockett in march and are looking to book our trip for next march already although we are going to go by eurostar so need to stay in a hotel,we are finding this a real pain as there are 5 of us and it seems to be pretty limited for families of 5 ,i ahve been informed by the dl reservation line that the DLH now have opened up some rooms to sleep 5 buts its all a bit sketchy as to whether this is true and what the supplement is going to be for march time!thomas cook tell me this is untrue and to stay in the dlh we need 2 rooms and can quote me for that as they now have their march 2007 brochures out and DL reservation line tell me this is true but they can`t quote me as the prices for after xmas have not been released to anyone yet??? doesn`t quite make sense does it?
anyway hi all !!
liz

Hi,first of all welcome :)
with regards to the hotel sleeping 5 at the DLH check out Thomas cook signature website as when you get to the end of the booking it say sleeps up to 5, so I think it must be true.

Thomas cook take booking before the new brochures out, as they are allocated rooms however you won't actually be officaly booked at the hotel untill Disney release the room.

right thanks for that,although typically thomas cook say that as they know nothing about these new rooms they can`t book them!!you when you have that `i want to get my trip booked ` urge ,wells its kind of that but i can`t do anything yet !!

Thanks for posting on here everyone - it's great to hear more about you all! :goodvibes

And welcome to the DIS karengr and lizbro!! :wave:

I'm Sandra (43) married to Steve (46) for 21 years. We have 2 boys, Conall who will be 7 this year and Kyle who will be 5 in July.

We live in Stuttgart, Germany now. I'm from Scotland, Steve is American, Conall was born in Naples and Kyle was born here.

We love DLRP and have been there 6 times in the last couple of years. We're usually planning our next trip on our way home from Disney.

Hi guys,

I'm Lynn, I'm 36 (at least for another 3 weeks!) and live in North Yorkshire, although I'm originally from Whitehaven on the very west coast of Cumbria (get to Keswick and keep going!!)

I'm married to Stephen 52, and have DD Chloe 11, DS Thomas 7, and a crazy cairn terrier Cassie 2.

We first went to DLRP in Nov 2000 as a treat for the kids, and were genuinely (sp?) shocked at how the disney magic got us! we always said one day we'd visit WDW but kept putting it off. DH suffered a major stroke in Dec 2003, which certainly made us re-evaluate our lives. So with all health checks done, we spent the money and went to WDW in september the following year, and fell totally in love with the parks and orlando. DS now wants to be a monorail driver and DD wants to be a kind CM to pass around the magic!

We knew our lives wouldn't be the same while sitting waiting for return flight at Sanford, we all asked 'so when are we coming back?!'

The answer was the following september!! DH was made redundant through health and that's where the money went, doesn't do you any good sitting in a bank account!

So this year DD has the chance to dance at DLRP with her tap troupe, we're going on the sunday of october half term til thurs, they're dancing on the tues at the theatre if anyone's passing!! We're taking 11 family and friends with us and I'm the planner, so i'll be on here quite a lot asking loads of questions I think this summer!

Now that Tesco do deals for holidays, we're starting to think about Aug 07 and maybe a return to WDW!?!

I'd just like to say these boards have been a great help to us, there's always someone with helpful advice or to point you in the right direction. Invaluable.

Cheers

Lynn
x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter