Inventions restaurant themed Sunday brunch

A new review for a change: the Neverland brunch!

Mickey and Minnie arrive before we even had time to settle in, I’m not even wearing my glasses yet.

Beautiful Minnie.

Starter Buffet. Quite seafood heavy. But I’ll quote boyfriend: “What do you expect in Neverland? Ostrich?”

Look at that decoration! Took us forever to get a good shot.

Mickey nicely stops and poses when I ask.

Main courses - some favourites like the beef and chicken korma were back.

And desserts.

Mickey and Minnie in pirate costumes seemed so promising. However, suddenly the chipmunks run through… like at the Fairy Tale brunch not in costume. Please tell me they are late for the fitting?! Please???

Non-alcoholic starter cocktail:

Mickey stopping again.

Peter and Wendy went to the other room, so next to reach us is the one and only Captain Hook.

Again I’m being used as a role model for some kids pushing in… I said “please” and “thank you” and addressed him as Captain. Wait a minute, isn’t that Jack Sparrow’s text? ;)

Next up are Peter and Wendy.

Both are quite playful and like my drawings a lot. Peter makes Wendy sign in pink for a reason only the two seem to know. When they go through the folder Peter mentions: “You won’t meet Tinkerbell in Paris.” which results in boyfriend kicking me under the table. What did you do that for?! “You were about to tell him that’s because Tinkerbell is living at Disneyland in California. And you were not going to phrase that nicely!” No I wasn’t! I was about to tell him to look at the Mickey parade float more closer cause that’s where she’s hiding! *rubs shin*

Peter sees my John Darling drawing and offers: “John’s downstairs watching the Lost Boys. Catch me when we come back, I’ll take your drawing and ask him to sign it.” Oh. Now that’s sweet.

Smee arrives next and is happy to do a little photo call when I mention how much a friend in California loves him.

The first chipmunk is back and predictably: not in costume. Boyfriend comments: “you never looked like you were about to strangle a munk before.” See above – just never expect to see a character again and act that way and you’ll be fine. There’ll be more Halloweens. I’ll get my pirate munks eventually. *keeps saying mantra*

Peter and Wendy leave, and Peter even remembers to stop and get the drawing without me having to call out to him. He points to the character manager and tells me “he’ll get it back to you.” I guess here goes us leaving early to meet Duffy and Pooh, right?

Donald arrives, in pirate costume and in very fun mood. Who needs Captain Jack Sparrow when you got Captain Duck? ;)

The Captain wants respect…

Hooray for Captain Donald!

Chip is last.

It’s really almost 3 PM when the restaurant manager comes back – with my autographed drawing. Now does that count as character meet or not? ;)

Brunch Report from Mother's Day Brunch 2013 - featuring Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs!

I had a 1 PM reservation with two friends of mine.

The buffet was lovely as always:

The starter drink (choice of cocktail or champagne) is still on the menu - or maybe it is back again?

The ladies were given a gift – I ended up giving mine to Lady Tremaine as a Mother's Day gift. :laughing:

The cast of the brunch was fabulous of course. Snow White and all seven dwarves plus Pluto, Prince Mickey, Princess Minnie and Jester Goofy.

Snow went straight away: "We've met before, haven't we?" I guess I really did try to find Tiana at the Pavilion a little too often. ;)

Kissing Sleepy awake helped for a bit – just for a bit though, unfortunately I’m not Aurora. :wizard:

There was one thing though which I considered an issue: there was almost too much going on at a time on occasion. And this is coming from someone who may hold the record for the most Inventions brunch visits if you believe one of the DLH’s character managers. ;)

I think the reason for us feeling so overwhelmed was that they didn’t split the sets evenly. We had Snow and the dwarves in one set and Mickey and his friends in the other. That worked out 8:4. I can see why they left Snow with the dwarves and didn’t bring in the Prince. But it may have worked out better overall to add the Prince and put Snow and the Prince in the rotation with the VIPs. That would have brought us to a 7:6.

At one point we had three characters in our area which almost lead to us missing Doc who was forced to walk past us. There was just no room. The character manager kindly got him back for us when I realized he was not coming back on his own and the brunch was about to end.

Overall very nice and worth the money as special treat, though I can absolutely see why people balk at the price tag of 74 Euro.

Fairy Tale Brunch Report, July 21 2ß13

I must I was pretty much on the verge of cancelling the brunch. I have attended with that theme a lot of times and well, technically I had used the budget at Auberge the night before. But at that point I was hot, I needed food and I wanted characters. The park was too hot and was lacking both food and characters – plus boyfriend convinced me on the phone that if I wanted to save budget I should just skip buying the photopass photos. And you know, he had a point with that. ;)I had some pictures with all characters on my camera, I’d make do with those. So off to Inventions I was. :D

For the Rapunzel brunch it’s one of my usual seats again, across from the dessert buffet.

The first character to show up is… Goofy. He recognizes me from the morning incident (he managed to hit my head with his snout pretty badly) and immediately starts signaling “are you alright? Does the head still hurt? Anything I can do?” Well if you ask me that way maybe you could turn off the heat… kidding, just kidding, really. I’m fine. I have you and other characters and food and a/c, I’m fine. Knowing my luck I am missing out on Esmeralda now, but I’m fine.

I barely have time to sit down when I spy brown fur. With suspicious colors attached to it. THE MUNKS FINALLY GOT COSTUMES FITTING THE THEME!!! Cue high pitched fangirl squee of doom. Oh dear, and I almost gave up seeing this! That would have so been Murphy’s Law!

Isn’t that the most adorable outfit ever?

Okay, okay. Yeah, I get your point. It is pretty close to Goofy’s jester outfit. But still I fell in love head over heels. Not that I wasn’t in love with the chipmunks before. :D And as soon as they spot the shirt they are in love with me too. ;)

Rapunzel and Flynn show up next before I even get the chance to get close to the food. Both are absolutely intrigued by their drawings (I knew it was worth the effort to add both Pascal and Maximus) and spend a good amount of time going through my pictures.

Flynn even decided I was worthy of the Smolder. :D

Food. Yes, that was one of the reasons I actually came here – for a change. :D

Pretty much all my favorite are back, the Chicken Korma, the Trifle and of course the Cheddar Potatoes.

I have to admit that it amused me insanely that the ice tower already had started melting – you could really see the water trickle down – despite all cooling efforts.

After Mickey visits

I am quite stunned because we have a new addition to the cast – Donald!

If this goes the same rate as for the munks he may eventually have a matching costume Easter 2015. ;)

I’ve left these photos unedited so you can see the problem that’s now showing in Inventions too. The staff there was quite attentive and kept even physically shooing the kids back. Unfortunately that still wasn’t enough for the parents to get the point.

Minnie and Pluto complete the cast of characters.

Flynn and Rapunzel only showed up in my area once during the 1.5 hours I was there, but maybe they set the seating rotation that way now that they are only in each room once.

You met Princess Minnie! I treasure my moments with her :)
Fabulous food photos Vala, one day I'll make this!!

Can u walk into the lunch that day and pay or do u have to have it booked? I really duno if I should book it we r going in October and staying in the dlh and have booked cafe mickey and bbwws we r also thinking of rainforest cafe and Annette's.

Firstly I'm worried about the food - I would eat anything but hubby is very fussy he won't eat fish, or anything in a sauce or stuffed and won't eat pasta or rice!

I know it's a buffet but loads of the pics seem to show fish and meat covered in sauce - would there be any plain food??

Thanks and sorry for g/c! :)

Can u walk into the lunch that day and pay or do u have to have it booked? I really duno if I should book it we r going in October and staying in the dlh and have booked cafe mickey and bbwws we r also thinking of rainforest cafe and Annette's.

Firstly I'm worried about the food - I would eat anything but hubby is very fussy he won't eat fish, or anything in a sauce or stuffed and won't eat pasta or rice!

I know it's a buffet but loads of the pics seem to show fish and meat covered in sauce - would there be any plain food??

Thanks and sorry for g/c! :)

That depends vastly on the theme and the time of the year. I've mostly seen empty tables. But the Rapunzel themed brunch is often packed.

There's usually one cut meat like lamb or something like that that is not in sauce. I've asked boyfriend and besides the kids items (chicken nuggets etc.) that's the only sauce free thing that doesn't involve pasta or rice from the main courses we can recall. Well, unless you count the vegetables. ;)

It's the top item on that picture:

main1_zps8f1681f0.jpg

The do offer sauce next to it, but if you tell them "no" they won't put it on.

It's not that the meat is drowning in sauce though. There's normally some pieces that are relatively "not covered". If that helps, the starter section is quite extensive. Personally I can fill up from that and the desserts and not regret it at all. :rotfl:

Vala I was hoping ud reply! I've loved all of ur photos from the brunches uve been to and tvh that's wats making me want to go!! :) so thank u!

If there's even a drop of sauce hubby won't touch it!! But I'm sure for the experience he'd b happy with chicken nuggets!! Thanks again!

Just off the phone making my bookings for out trip and the Sunday brunch for 20th October is African themed - anyone ever been to this and what characters should we expect?? :) I'm so excited!

Also got bbwws booked for that evening and cafe mickey for dinner on Saturday 19th!

There is a Halloweenbrunch on 31st of October.

There is also an cuisinier brunch on the 1st of November.
Has anyone been to the cuisinier brunch before?

There is a Halloweenbrunch on 31st of October. There is also an cuisinier brunch on the 1st of November. Has anyone been to the cuisinier brunch before?

Oh dear, if they are different themes it would be rude to not do both! Haha

I just hope the restaurant reservation line give me the same info when I book, they seem quite inconsistent in the info they provide at the moment!

We really want to do the Halloween brunch as we have never been here before but some people have said its the 31st and some the 1st so no idea when it is now! Anyone know for sure?? :confused3

We really want to do the Halloween brunch as we have never been here before but some people have said its the 31st and some the 1st so no idea when it is now! Anyone know for sure?? :confused3

I rung again today and was told that there is no official confirmation that it would be a Halloween brunch on 31st and that it's now been stated just as "Lunch with characters" (different to what I was told last week as they said there would be no characters!) and that the Halloween themed brunch is the one taking place on 1st November! :confused3

So to avoid missing out, I've booked to both! :rotfl: I'm hoping that they are different as it's a lot of money to spend to see the same characters twice!

Hi Guys

Just called to book for 24th November and was told the theme is 'Cinema' but that she didnt know which characters that was. Oh well, almost 8 weeks now to ponder it over and guess who it could possibly be..... I'm so impatient!

Laura

I rung again today and was told that there is no official confirmation that it would be a Halloween brunch on 31st and that it's now been stated just as "Lunch with characters" (different to what I was told last week as they said there would be no characters!) and that the Halloween themed brunch is the one taking place on 1st November! :confused3

So to avoid missing out, I've booked to both! :rotfl: I'm hoping that they are different as it's a lot of money to spend to see the same characters twice!

Same thing here. :confused3 I have friends in the park next weekend. They promised to check at DLH.

When i rung the guy said it is a special halloween character brunch, just like the sunday brunches. So i made a reservation. Maybe i should ring again for more info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter