Inventions restaurant themed Sunday brunch

I have 12 for the 31st and 1 PM for the 1st. Better check about the timing of the first one then... don't want to find the restaurant being closed.

Wow! So for those who have been is it really worth it? With the conversion rate I could almost get a one day ticket to the Magic Kingdom here in the US for the price of this meal (including the drinks)! I would pay that for Jiko here in the states... is it "Jiko good"? :confused:

Compared to DLR and WDW all character meals in Paris are significantly more expensive unfortunately.

It's always been worth the price to me, as you can probably guess from the number of times I have been there. I pay that much because it is the best character meal in Paris. If I do a character meal there I'd rather pay that and get good character interaction and a nice meal than have the problems at Cafe Mickey personally.

I've never been to Jiko, so I can't compare that.

Vala said:
Compared to DLR and WDW all character meals in Paris are significantly more expensive unfortunately.

It's always been worth the price to me, as you can probably guess from the number of times I have been there. I pay that much because it is the best character meal in Paris. If I do a character meal there I'd rather pay that and get good character interaction and a nice meal than have the problems at Cafe Mickey personally.

I've never been to Jiko, so I can't compare that.

Well if you're ever here I highly recommend it! If this brunch is more for characters than food then we can skip it. We live 15min from WDW! :)

Thanks! I would have been wondering what we missed. None of the online menus I have list the food!

Well if you're ever here I highly recommend it! If this brunch is more for characters than food then we can skip it. We live 15min from WDW! :)

Thanks! I would have been wondering what we missed. None of the online menus I have list the food!

It is definitely better than most park restaurants foodwise. But yes, the emphasis is on characters.

The brunch is a buffet, that's why you can't find the menu. Things on the buffet change from visit to visit. The first couple of posts in this have my mini reports with pictures, that should give you an idea.

We were here on Sunday for the African themed brunch and tbh we won't be returning next year! We didn't get to see any "different" characters that we didn't see at breakfast, in the parks or at cafe mickey! We didn't really enjoy the food hubby is a very plain eater and I don't eat fish so a lot of the things we wouldn't eat. The deserts were good though!

We paid €141 for this for 2 adults as the kids got free but I don't think it was worth the money at all! I could see how people think it's great esp it you eat a wide range of foods or if you got a great theme like some of the our previous posts have shown great photos of characters that you wouldn't normally see!

Is there any way to find out now what theme is likely on Sunday 5th Jan?

If you call Resturant Reservations up to two months in advance of your trip on 00 33 1 60 30 40 50 they will be able to tell you.

Hi Guys

Can't remember if I already posted this or not but the theme for brunch on Sunday 24th November is Cinema. I have confirmed this on two seperate calls. Don't know who could be there for that theme....

Laura

Vala, thank you for all your detailed reviews!
Our visit in May starts on a Sunday so I am very excited to be able to do the brunch! can't wait to find out the theme.

Hi Guys

Can't remember if I already posted this or not but the theme for brunch on Sunday 24th November is Cinema. I have confirmed this on two seperate calls. Don't know who could be there for that theme....

Laura

Smithl16 I'd love to know how you got on at the cinema brunch. Thats the theme when we're going (18 May).

We go on 6th April and the theme is Oriental. CM said it was Aladdin, Jasmin and Mickey and friends. Will Genie be there too?

We go on 6th April and the theme is Oriental. CM said it was Aladdin, Jasmin and Mickey and friends. Will Genie be there too?

Friends of mine have been there and I do recall them mentioning they met Abu. I'll ask them about Genie.

Friends of mine have been there and I do recall them mentioning they met Abu. I'll ask them about Genie.

Thank you :thumbsup2 I'm happy with the theme. DO you know if the themes has any connection with food? Will we have some kind of oriental food as well? Or the food variety is pretty much the same no matter the theme?

They have a number of standard dishes that only seem to change seasonally.

You'll find a couple of dishes "inspired" by the theme normally. For the Hawaii theme for example they threw pineapples in pretty much anything. ;) So I imagine for oriental you might find a few spicy selections, or maybe those pastries that they serve in Agrabah Cafe for example.

We've hijacked a review topic here. There's a main brunch topic which has a full list and that's kept more up to date.

There's only one Sunday brunch in the period you've given. The evening dinners are not themed.

This is the list of themes as known so far:

16th Feb - Neverland
23rd Feb - Cinema
2nd March Incan
9th March - New Orleans
16th March - Chefs/Parisien
23rd March - Disney Classics (with the Three Little Pigs rumoured to appear)
30th March - New Generation
6th April - Oriental
7th April (Monday) - African
13th April - London
20th April - Easter
21st April - Easter
27th April - Snow White & Seven Dwarfs
4th May - Asian
11th May - Neverland
18th May - Cinema
25th May - Mother's Day (in France it is)
8th June - New Orleans
15th June - Brazilian (sports outfits for the football World Cup, which is being held in Brazil)

I'm going on the 16th of march and i am really hoping it is the Parisian brunch..
I already did the Chef's one, although i liked it, i think it is a bit expensive to do the same one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter