Invitations

We used Disney for our STD's, which I was very happy with! I am in the process of making out invitations, and have about 8 finished, :rotfl: so I thought I would share. I was originally going to make them 100% on my own, but ended up buying a kit and then adding some of my own touches, which I am sure glad I did because they were a pain in the but! Here they are:
232323232%7Ffp73397%3Enu%3D3362%3E69%3B%3E283%3E245369%3B374259ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp73396%3Enu%3D4%3B%3B9%3E995%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D3362%3A3995934%3Anu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp633%3A8%3Enu%3D4%3B%3B9%3E995%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D3362%3A3486734%3Anu0mrj

*Pixiedust1438* Where did you get your kit from. I love it :lovestruc It's simple but beautiful

I got it from Joanne Fabrics, it was $25 for 25 invitations, and I had a 40% off coupon which you can get almost every week in their adds. Some of the details I added did not come with the kit, like the blue on the outside of the envelope where our monogram is, the rhinestones, the ribbon, or the little heart, but I got all of those pretty cheap as well.

Hi! I need help! A couple of months ago, I went to a Disney Weddings Open House and they had a whole glass cabinet full of items that were themed in purple and silver (my colors) including invitations that I fell in love with. But when I went to sign my contract last week, none of it was still there. The sales person gave me 2 websites to look at, but I didn't find them there. Here's what they looked like. They were vertical invitations. The paper was purple colored and the font was silver. There was a castle at the top and a bow around the middle. Has anyone seen one like that? Thanks!

Hi! I need help! A couple of months ago, I went to a Disney Weddings Open House and they had a whole glass cabinet full of items that were themed in purple and silver (my colors) including invitations that I fell in love with. But when I went to sign my contract last week, none of it was still there. The sales person gave me 2 websites to look at, but I didn't find them there. Here's what they looked like. They were vertical invitations. The paper was purple colored and the font was silver. There was a castle at the top and a bow around the middle. Has anyone seen one like that? Thanks!

Impressions is the vendor Disney often uses for invitations. Here is their website: http://fairytalewedding.com

ETA: Impressions does a lot of custom work, so you what you saw might just be a sample of something they've done. I'd contact them directly, they should be able to create what you saw.

Here are my invites. We had the main invite printed and I created and printed the cards. The monogram was made by shadowryter on the Disboards.

Untitled3.jpg

photo11.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

photo10.jpg

Yay SapphireAg, we are wedding twins! :)

My wedding is the day before (reception at LSS) yours! Beautiful invitations!!! :hippie:

Here are my invites. We had the main invite printed and I created and printed the cards. The monogram was made by shadowryter on the Disboards.

Untitled3.jpg

photo11.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

photo10.jpg

OOOO, I LOVE these!!! We're doing something similar but with a gold background instead of the sparkly blue paper. Yours are so pretty!

Just wanted to share our Save the Dates with you-I'm so happy with the way they turned out :goodvibes

They are packs of 3 "boarding passes" stapled together & we perforated the dash marks to make them more authentic looking. We are mailing them in pink top fold envelopes:

STD%20edited%201.jpg

STD%20edited%202.jpg

STD%20edited%203.jpg

These are so cool! Are they real KTTW cards??? How did you manage that?? Pretty cool....

Love all the creative ideas here!

I'm new to planning for our invitations. And I absolutely love these ideas, but I'm also new to the DIS boards and I'm not sure what KTTW stands for? Is it possible for folks to still order these?

Thanks!
Jen

I'm new to planning for our invitations. And I absolutely love these ideas, but I'm also new to the DIS boards and I'm not sure what KTTW stands for? Is it possible for folks to still order these?

Thanks!
Jen

Hi! I am also relatively new to the boards but I will do my best to answer your question, and if anyone else has something to add please do :) I know how all of the abbreviations can be overwhelming, I am still trying to figure some of them out!

KTTW stands for "Key to the World," and it's the card that you get when you stay at a Disney resort. The card is basically your access to everything Disney - it works as your room key, your ticket into the parks, it keeps track of the Disney Dining Plan if you have it, etc.

I don't know if you read the poster's response who made the cards, but this is what he said:

These are real room keys that we requested blank on our last vacation. The girl at the check in desk was really excited when I told her what I wanted to do with them. We then printed what we wanted on to some clear sticky plastic sheets and stuck it on. You could easily stick some magnetic stips to the back of them if you wanted but we didn't.

Our guests were really excited when they got them, they thought Disney had sent them.

So if you are going to be in Disney at some point it's definitely worth asking! If you're not in the area you could still try contacting someone but I think it would be a bit trickier.

Yay I get to play! I just got my first RSVP back today in the mail :banana:

I got them at Michael's, I believe they were $25-30 for the box of 50 and I had a 40% off coupon... even if I jacked them up I wasn't going to be upset. And I did, trust me... I probably ruined as many as I made, but we're having an Escape wedding so that's not a huge problem!

I can finally post our invitations! :banana: Everything is in the mail and we're just waiting for the last few response cards to come in.

5422440713_0af28cd519.jpg

5422440797_376e84a1de.jpg

Thank you! We couldn't find exactly want we wanted so we designed it ourselves using clip art I found online. I love the way they turned out...much better than I originally expected! :goodvibes

Oh wow! Just that you designed it yourselves is impressive :thumbsup2 I really like the way everything turned out!

I finally get to play, yay! :banana:

We made ours....well, I made ours, with help of FMIL. You probably can't tell here, but the whole pocketfold is a shimmer blue. The pics aren't that great because I used my phone camera. :rolleyes:

005.jpg
007.jpg

008.jpg
009-1-1.jpg

013.jpg
011.jpg

012.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter