Invitations

I just recieved my invitations today so now I can share!!!!

Here is the whole collection (bad picture..sorry)

weddingstuff035.jpg

Ok the writing in the following pictures is a little blurry. They came from my online proofing so they aren't the best quality pictures.

Invitation

invite.jpg

Reception Card

reception.jpg

R.S.V.P. Card

rsvp.jpg

Transportation Schedule Card

transport.jpg

Now this part I am using from the Martha Stewart Invitations that I bought before that I am using for the New Jersey Reception. I have extra so just using this cute wrap won't matter. So the invites and cards will be put inside this pretty invitation wrap.

weddingstuff051.jpg

I also got matching thank you cards.

thankyou.jpg

Definitely wait to send out the invitations.

We included a transportation schedule with our invites, which went out 2 months early. However, even that was still too soon - we had people who didn't book their hotels til 3 weeks out, and when they finally did, they were bumped to hotels not in our block and we had to change the transportation schedule. :headache: I ended up printing all new ones and mailing them about a week before people left for the wedding.

Wait until you have more details nailed down - people will know you're getting married. Oh, and Disney will send out Save the Dates with hotel info as soon as you sign your contract (if you're doing a Wishes wedding).

This is really helpful info! Thanks!
I also found out that we can't do a tasting because we're having a CG reception - so no menu in the invite anyway.

Transportation can definitely go out in a newsletter and in the day schedule.:thumbsup2

Toni, I'm getting married March 2009. When do you plan on sending out your invites? I'm debating mine.

I think I will be sending out my Disney invites October 31st or November 1st. Something like that because I have an RSVP date of December 31st. The holidays make it so tricky because I can just see them getting caught up in Christmas mail.

I am trying to think of when to send out my New Jersey Reception invitations because some of the people going to my shower are only going to the reception. The reception is March 28th. I want to send those out before the shower invites go out because I want people to know that they are invited to SOMETHING. Any suggestions?? Oh btw the shower is January 10th so I was thinking the shower invites should go out at least a month before.

here is my first attempt at the inserts for the card and pockets invites.....
the outside
039-1.jpg

the inside
momVRinvite2008005-1.jpg

Ok I love your invites. Can you please tell me where you bought everything at. Is that ribbon in the middle? I would love to do it in lavendar and a silver ribbon.

We are also using cards and pockets invites for ours, these aren't the finals, but they'll be similar.

InvitationInside_v1_web.jpg

invitationfront_v1_web.jpg

Ok I love your invites. Can you please tell me where you bought everything at. Is that ribbon in the middle? I would love to do it in lavendar and a silver ribbon.
The pocket folders and gold backing came from cards and pockets( there are lots of choices, check their web site.( I ordered the signature pockets, invit envelopes and response envelopes too.)Mine are metallic so they shine.
That is wired ribbon on the outside from the dollar store. the logo is just a pic glued on shiny cardstock. the invite and inserts on regular cardstock. I got the vellum overlay at a craft store(cardstock cut to size) along with the heart icon on the vellum. The ribbon inside is from walmart. the crystal mickey I just glued on. castle pic was one we took. I used stick on velcro squares to hold them closed. good luck with all your plans.... if you need anything more let me know...:goodvibes

What have people used to stick ribbons on to the invites with??

Or alternatively, Louie, what is the turquoise banding on yours made of, and how is it attached?

Trying to find a good material / way to stick it if I do my own!!

I just taped mine with double stick tape, but that's because the tape was hidden in a fold.

Scotch makes something called a Tape Runner for scrapbooking that lays down a thin line of tape-like adhesive - I'm sure other companies make similar products. It's great for hidden bonds (like under ribbon) and easy to apply precisely.

I can't post pictures at the moment but I have a ribbon running around the middle also and used the tape runner to hold it down.

I also used a velcro circle to hold the whole things closed. For those that do this, check with your post office - this extra velcro made the invite thicker and the postage went WAY up. My DF works for the post office and it killed him that this velcro made the mailing so much more expensive but I really wanted to keep the invite closed.

Linda

Just trying to resurrect this thread for some more inspiration!

W6049lrlogo.jpg

That's mine. I know I'm going to hate myself with the ribbon tying, but I fell in love with them. The navy blue has a subtle shimmer in it. :)

Yes, but that's absolutely the only thing he had to do for our entire wedding, besides show up. Considering all the :crazy: I went through, I think it's a fair trade... ;)

Yes, but that's absolutely the only thing he had to do for our entire wedding, besides show up. Considering all the :crazy: I went through, I think it's a fair trade... ;)

I didn't think of having Rob do anything. Hehehe.. thanks for the excellent idea ;)

Anyone else have any invitation pictures to post?? would love to see more great ideas!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter