Invitations

Here are ours. I purchased a Brides Kit at Michaels and added the jewelled Mickey Head at the top of the invitation. I got an excellent deal on them (They were on clearance for $12.50 for a box of 40!). I made the castle confetti with some silver sparkle scrapbooking paper and my Disney Castle punch.

Invitations003.jpg

Invitations005.jpg

Invitations004.jpg
What did you use as your font?

Side note for all those looking to buy invitations at Michael's -
The BRIDES invitations at Michael's are on sale this week, normally $39.99, I bought two boxes for $29.99 Each. You can't use the 40% off coupons (those would be a better value) but I bought 60 invites for $63 and change.

I'm almost done printing everything off, so I decided to do a little photo shoot to inspire me to push through the end!
DSC02481Fix.jpg

DH & I made our invites. They were a brides packet from Micheals. We changed the ivory ribbon, took off the pearl on the front, added a monogram on the top. Then took a ribbon color green that matched our wedding and looped 2 pieces together and that separated the monogram from the invite wording. So easy, and still people ask where we had them done...

IMG_8034.jpg

I used the Waltograph font.

I just googled Disney Font and it came up.

Here is a link here:

http://mickeyavenue.com/fonts/waltograph/
Thank you!

DH & I made our invites. They were a brides packet from Micheals. We changed the ivory ribbon, took off the pearl on the front, added a monogram on the top. Then took a ribbon color green that matched our wedding and looped 2 pieces together and that separated the monogram from the invite wording. So easy, and still people ask where we had them done...

IMG_8034.jpg
Those look amazing! How did you tie the ribbon? It looks so perfect!

Those look amazing! How did you tie the ribbon? It looks so perfect![/QUOTE]

I took 2 pieces of ribbon, looped them together. then behind the invite I used double sided tape to tape the 4 strands of ribbon the the invitation, this also allowed my to make sure the loop was in the center of the invite.

The double sided also was used to attached the bottom sheet of paper to the pretty part with wording. The packet came with these sticky things, but I didnt think it looked very good and the sides still came up.

I took 2 pieces of ribbon, looped them together. then behind the invite I used double sided tape to tape the 4 strands of ribbon the the invitation, this also allowed my to make sure the loop was in the center of the invite.
The double sided also was used to attached the bottom sheet of paper to the pretty part with wording. The packet came with these sticky things, but I didnt think it looked very good and the sides still came up.

Thank you! I bought a BRIDES set for my invites and the ribbon it came with I'm changing to a red one instead of black so I can tie in my other color. I didn't want bows so that looked great!

These are the ones I made

The Best thing about them is that we bought those music cards from Hallmark that played the wedding march and used the music chips so that when guests opened the invite they were greeted with the music! Our Guests are still Talking about it! Although half of them almost had a heart attack and droped the invite after they opened it! :rotfl2:

DSC02588-1.jpg

DSC02589-1.jpg

DSC02594-1.jpg

DSC02075.jpg

DSC02073.jpg

DSC02070.jpg

DSC02067.jpg

And our Save The Date
savedate1.jpg

We got our wedding invitations in the mail yesterday, postmarked 9-9-09! Here are a few photos:

The Artwork:

645562957_CvW2Z-O.jpg

Outside of the Pocketfold:

645543630_fibdJ-M.jpg

645544052_RkqAJ-S.jpg

Inside:

645546419_yGEj4-M.jpg

645546612_zyffQ-L.jpg

Inserts:

645548563_ykJ8v-M.jpg

645548192_xyxhS-M.jpg

645548971_Gn95U-M.jpg

I'm hosting a Wedding Day Brunch for ladies who are close friends and family members, and created a special invitation for them. Of course, there are photos!

Artwork:

645562950_Gj5go-L.jpg

Invitation:

645550200_PQuk8-L.jpg

Envelope:

645549801_hUN5N-M.jpg

645550615_E5zg7-L.jpg

And since the ladies will be sipping on mimosas and partaking of Mickey waffles, we had to find something to occupy the fellas' time:

Artwork:
645563615_fZAdu-XL.jpg

Invitations & Envelope:
645562980_g4BpL-L.jpg

645563014_F99NV-L.jpg

645562971_U6HDM-S.jpg

Andreah, I love all of the things you've created!! I'm a graphic designer and completely appreciate all of your work, you are very talented. Also, I must confess I feel like a stalker because I took a look at your wedding website and saw you were a Sigma Kappa in college ... me too!! (Theta Delta chapter at the University of Delaware.) Anyway just wanted to give you kudos for all of your designs, I love them! Best of luck with your wedding, I'm sure it will be beautiful!!

Awww . . . Larissa, thank you! A Sigma Kappa sister! How exciting!?!?!

And, complements coming from YOU mean a great deal to me! I've totally stalked your invitations website at least 5 times! Your creations are truly works of art . . . Just amazing!

I look forward to seeing what else you guys come up with for your own wedding. Please keep in touch! :upsidedow

Just a little bump to see if there were any new invites out there! (or Save the Dates!)

These are my save the dates. A graphic designer friend of mine is doing all my paper including my invites and favor tags. I'll have my invites by March so I'll post those then!

51186213.jpg

Our Save the Dates are ready to be printed, here are the proofs that still need a few tweaks...they will be on white pearl paper (with a shimmer) and red shimmer envelopes.

Front:

p623007472.jpg

Back:

p680491276.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter