Is 7DMT Really Intense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very very smooth kiddie coaster. I was impressed with how smooth it was and my kids did not like Barnstormer (being the first they have ridden which took them by surprise) my 2 YO was able to ride 7DMT and they were all laughing and smiling. I could not get my 6 year old to ride Everest with me, but she loved 7DMT.

We rode the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train last week. I had read in several different websites and books that the mine train was not scary at all, but my 8-year-old found in terrifying. She cried for a half-hour after getting off. Maybe because we rode it at night? Or perhaps they made it faster than it used to be? It may be a "kiddy" roller-coaster, but it is still a roller-coaster. My advice to parents of young (or easily scared) children would be to watch the ride first with your kids (from the outside), and let them decide if they want to go on it. I pushed my daughter to go on it because of what I had read, and it was a mistake.

It's very smooth and not intense. The swinging motion of the cars was a new feeling for me the first time I rode it.
My 75 year old mom who does not ride coasters rode it and she enjoyed it. She was scared but was fine in the end.
Try it once... you might like it :)

Sorry to hear that about your daughter, but I think her experience was an outlier. 7DMT is very tame, and very short. I rode it once with our then 9, 7, and 4 year olds and they didn't have any issues at all. I'd encourage any parents to view the many POV ride videos on Youtube with their kids before taking them on the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter