Is a 4Night cruise too rushed

Our first cruise was a 4 night. It really gave us a good feel for Disney cruises. 3 nights I think would be very rushed but 4 just left us wanting more but I wouldn't say we were rushed

I actually work 2 jobs. So have to worry about getting time off both :(
That's a challenge for sure! If all you can schedule is a 3-night, then just go into it with the right attitude--you cannot do everything. You can't do everything even on a 7-night. Don't get off in Nassau and make that your at-sea day. Don't sweat it if you don't make it to all the MDRs (food's overrated in my opinion anyway). Pick one show that is your top priority to see and skip the others if you want. You will leave the ship wanting more, and it really is best to end a vacation that way rather than end it by really just wanting to get home!

If you plan to get off the boat on land days, do you need to plan excursions ahead of time? I honestly have no idea if I will want to explore or stay on the boat.
Being my first cruise, I have no idea how much planning is required.

Checkout the excursions Disney has available to be booked to give an idea what possible. Always plan excursions in advance - if never cruising, a Disney provided one is as safe as you can go as they arrange everything (even coordinating getting off the ship in one group). We do now as other posters have mentioned in not getting off in Nassau but a lot have caught onto doing this too and the ship is nowhere near as empty as it once was on a Nassau day.

Checkout the excursions Disney has available to be booked to give an idea what possible. Always plan excursions in advance - if never cruising, a Disney provided one is as safe as you can go as they arrange everything (even coordinating getting off the ship in one group). We do now as other posters have mentioned in not getting off in Nassau but a lot have caught onto doing this too and the ship is nowhere near as empty as it once was on a Nassau day.

Do you, and many others, stay on board to take advantage of the ship? Or is Nassau just not worth it?

Do you, and many others, stay on board to take advantage of the ship? Or is Nassau just not worth it?

Nassau has some great shopping and is fun in general. DW loves the deals she gets on cosmetics at John Bull, & the prices on liquor are pretty great. Others may not agree on the 'fun' part, but it's no worse than many other parts of the world. It's not downtown Hometown, USA. DW & I find international travel to be adventurous and fun

Nassau has some great shopping and is fun in general. DW loves the deals she gets on cosmetics at John Bull, & the prices on liquor are pretty great. Others may not agree on the 'fun' part, but it's no worse than many other parts of the world. It's not downtown Hometown, USA. DW & I find international travel to be adventurous and fun

I've never been out of the country. This will be a first for my daughter and i!

It seems more and more stay on the ship each time in Nassau but it can be a great time to do pool deck activities given what you want to do is not down for maintenance (have had the Mickey slide and Aquaduck down separately twice during a Nassau day) or a code brown. Others may disagree but I'm one to always like to see for myself and the first time there we did an excursion (beach - Blue Lagoon) that involved a nice boat tour to get to/from and we walked around the docks area in town after to explore. The other half had been to Atlantis previously so know what it offered and how pricey it can be. After that it was been there, done that, enjoy the ship more so we now stay on-board. There are a few threads you can search out in walk-able distance attractions in area of the docks with as many warning of the Nassau area - to us it is a safe place as any just remembering to be travel wise

Jumping on soapbox - Our scariest and conversely safest experience in the Caribbean was once taking a cab into a local large town in the DR to hit a cell shop and pulling into a grocery stores parking lot across the street, the lot is guarded with someone dressed in local street attire with a sawed off shot-gun draped across his lap sitting on a half-wall at the entrance. The cab driver would not get out of his car while waiting for us to run into the store quickly (knew to not be seen even walking around the other customers cars) and the guard was friendly passing him both ways but I always think back to this when visiting a foreign country, be safe and travel wise and never assume what I think dangerous from where we come from is the same elsewhere. Jumping off soapbox

It seems more and more stay on the ship each time in Nassau but it can be a great time to do pool deck activities given what you want to do is not down for maintenance (have had the Mickey slide and Aquaduck down separately twice during a Nassau day) or a code brown. Others may disagree but I'm one to always like to see for myself and the first time there we did an excursion (beach - Blue Lagoon) that involved a nice boat tour to get to/from and we walked around the docks area in town after to explore. The other half had been to Atlantis previously so know what it offered and how pricey it can be. After that it was been there, done that, enjoy the ship more so we now stay on-board. There are a few threads you can search out in walk-able distance attractions in area of the docks with as many warning of the Nassau area - to us it is a safe place as any just remembering to be travel wise

Jumping on soapbox - Our scariest and conversely safest experience in the Caribbean was once taking a cab into a local large town in the DR to hit a cell shop and pulling into a grocery stores parking lot across the street, the lot is guarded with someone dressed in local street attire with a sawed off shot-gun draped across his lap sitting on a half-wall at the entrance. The cab driver would not get out of his car while waiting for us to run into the store quickly (knew to not be seen even walking around the other customers cars) and the guard was friendly passing him both ways but I always think back to this when visiting a foreign country, be safe and travel wise and never assume what I think dangerous from where we come from is the same elsewhere. Jumping off soapbox

Yikes!

I've never been out of the country. This will be a first for my daughter and i!

Very exciting for the both of you. Bay Street is the shopping street and is just a few blocks from Prince George Wharf where the cruise ships moor. You'll go through a market-like area where they hawk all kinds of things, walk a block or two to Bay street. We usually turn right, go down a few blocks, cross the street and do the other side of the way back. The Straw Market is down that way (5 blocks?) which is full of massive touristy stuff, but fun. There's beaches that you can reach for a cheap bus fare, there's Paradise Island and Atlantis.

I look at it like this: I can hang around a pool back home in Virginia; I don't get the Bahamian food, shopping or beaches in Virginia.

The 4 night is our favorite unless there is a 5 night with two stops at CC (then that is our favorite, but it seems rare during the time we sail for spring break). On the 3 night, you have to go back on the ship from CC and pack to get your suitcases out that night. The 4 night lets you just enjoy the island up until the end and then the next day you sleep in and relax and take your time to pack. Its the best!

The 4 night is our favorite unless there is a 5 night with two stops at CC (then that is our favorite, but it seems rare during the time we sail for spring break). On the 3 night, you have to go back on the ship from CC and pack to get your suitcases out that night. The 4 night lets you just enjoy the island up until the end and then the next day you sleep in and relax and take your time to pack. Its the best!

So on your last night you set your suitcases out, all packed up? So that next m9rning you get up early and head straight off boat. Correct?

So on your last night you set your suitcases out, all packed up? So that next m9rning you get up early and head straight off boat. Correct?
You do get breakfast. If you have main dining, you are asked to be at the last main dining room you ate at around 6:45 or 7. I am not sure what time the second seating for breakfast is.
There is also limited breakfast at Cabanas.
Generally we go to the MDR for breakfast to say one last goodbye to table mates and wait staff. People start getting off ship around 7:30 maybe?.

We just did the 7 night Eastern Caribbean in August after two 4 night cruises and my entire family agrees we will never do anything less than a 5 night again. It was so relaxing and we never had a feeling of being rushed!

You pack up your suitcase and put it in the hall and it will be waiting for you in the terminal. But make sure to keep a day bag and whatever you need that night and the next morning. Our first cruise we were not expecting that and didn't bring a day bag. My kids were 5 at that time, so I just had them sleep in their clothes for the next day. But you will take whatever you have with you when you go to breakfast. Now they do offer a 'walk off' option where you can take your own bags off with you and we did that the year we had an early flight. We just grabbed a quick breakfast in the buffet instead of the dining room and then took our luggage and walked off the ship with it. But if you are not in a rush, it is much more relaxing to not do that. It isn't easy getting in the elevator that morning with a family and full luggage.

You pack up your suitcase and put it in the hall and it will be waiting for you in the terminal. But make sure to keep a day bag and whatever you need that night and the next morning. Our first cruise we were not expecting that and didn't bring a day bag. My kids were 5 at that time, so I just had them sleep in their clothes for the next day. But you will take whatever you have with you when you go to breakfast. Now they do offer a 'walk off' option where you can take your own bags off with you and we did that the year we had an early flight. We just grabbed a quick breakfast in the buffet instead of the dining room and then took our luggage and walked off the ship with it. But if you are not in a rush, it is much more relaxing to not do that. It isn't easy getting in the elevator that morning with a family and full luggage.

Oh okay.
Hmm. I guess you really only need clothes and toothbrush, maybe a few toiletries. If I'm prepared for it, no big deal!
Thanks!

4 nights is a nice get-away. I have been on a few 3 night cruises.. and they are good for a quick weekend trip. I prefer the 5-7 night cruises as far as length goes. Takes me a day or two just to get familiar with the nooks and crannies of the ship.

The only thing we regretted about our 4 night cruise, was having to debark and wait for the next one (7 nights this time). This was our first ever cruise and I know that we will be enjoying cruising for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter