• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is a FastPass Needed For Na’vi River Journey?

If you're not going right around park opening or closer to park closing when the standby line will be lower/manageable, it's worth a FP. It's not worth waiting in a long standby line, in my opinion.

Like others have said, if you ride within the first 15-20 min of the park opening or right before close, you won't need a FP. If you're riding outside that window, you'll want a FP as the line gets long. It's an 80 min wait right now at 11am.

Probably a long wait without FP. Definitely not worth it IMO.

We were lucky enough to get our FOP FastPass, so we’ll try to get Navi FP after we finish FOP or check it at rope drop (after FOP first). Hoping to ride FOP at least twice—at rope drop and with FP.

If you get to the park FIRST THING everyone is going to FOP and Navi is walk on for say the first 30 min's after it opens.

So no don't waste a FP on it if your going early, after that it's usually an hour wait +\-.

It's not worth a FP in my opinion. We waited in line for about 25 minutes one night right before park closing to ride it. I wouldn't want to wait more than 30 mins for it.

If you can't get a FP for FoP and plan to RD FoP, then this isn't a bad FP to have to save you time. Within 30 minutes of park opening the line is often an hour or longer. Never the length of FoP standby, but the ride isn't worth that kind of wait.

As everyone else has said, not worth a long wait. But if you get there at park opening it is walk-on to no more than 20 minute wait. We did this last Wednesday. It was an EMH morning, so we arrived at 7:55 and walked right back to Navi. Waited 15 minutes. We had FOP fastpass for later in the day. It was a nice ride, but I would never wait longer than 20 minutes for it.

Having never seen the movie when we went on it in Septemberwe thought it was nice. But aside from being a cool looking smooth ride it was not a must do. I could see that the wait for fop was well over 150 minutes. Hate to say it, but with not seeing the movie and the whole recycling part (that we already do and now more so) we spent very little time there.

So, if you loved the movie you should go. Here I agree with others that it can be a quick wait.

I feel like Na’vi has been kind of a wild card. When we went last December we got FOP FPs and everything I had read and saw via wait time stalking was that NRJ would be a long wait, but not nearly as bad as FOP. When we got there the standby for NRJ was at over three hours, longer than FOP. This September we got FPs for it, and again the standby wait was longer than FOP was (and this was near close). It’s a nice ride, beautiful ride, but I wouldn’t wait on the standby. I’d also prefer the FOP FP, so it’s a ride I likely won’t be on again for a while.

I've done the following rope drop/FP+ strategy four times and can't imagine a better start to an Animal Kingdom day:
- Get to AK 75 minutes before park opening
- Walk quickly with the crowd and Cast Members to FOP. Usually off the attraction right at official park opening time.
- Do NRJ two times, back to back
- Do FOP with FP+ (Set FP+ for 10:00-11:00 for 9am park opening)

By 10:45, you'll have completed FOP x2 and NRJ x2 and it's a great time to head to Satuli Canteen to watch everyone get into a 150 minute line for FOP. Feel free to smile at your accomplishment. :sunny:

We just did the following in mid-October:

-8:15 AK arrival (i.e., past security) for a 9AM park opening.
-My daughter and I rode NRJ four times (4x!) with zero waiting - my 5 yo daughter loved it.
-My son and husband rode NRJ two times with zero waiting, hopped over to FoP to use their 9AM FP, and then went to Expedition Everest and rode it 4x with no lines.

If you are there early enough, no FPs needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter