Is a purse considered a carry on...

Amymomof3

Welcomed Guest<br><font color=orange>Newbie but we
or can you bring it in addition to your carry on bag? How about a stroller (umbrella)?

Are you referring to the airplane or to DCL? DCL does not limit carry-on bags (other than by size, it needs to fit through the x-ray machine).

Airlines generally allow one carry-on bag plus a personal item such as a purse, briefcase or computer case.

DCL does not limit carry-on bags (other than by size, it needs to fit through the x-ray machine).

I entered the terminal carrying 3 carry-ons and my purse, 2 CM's stopped me and told me that I would have to check-in 2 of my carry-ons. They said that there was a limit of 1 carry-on per person. I did ask about my purse since it was huge, they said purses where not included as carry-ons. BTW-I didn't have to check them because DH and DD came to my rescue, they had been parking the car.

When did you sail, Ginger? DCL does have an official policy of two carry-ons per person but I have never seen it enforced. I've seen people carry on two bags plus plastic bags with snacks, etc.

Glad it worked out for you. :)

I've seen alot of people with more than 2 carry-ons too that is why I thought it was o.k. for me to take all of our on my own. They were pretty set on me checking those bags.
I can only hope that I hit a bad CM day at the terminal.

With every cruise I try and try to pack less but it never happens. It's like that stuff just crawls in those bags on it's own.
This year everyone will carry their own.

In the luggage information I just pulled from Delta's website it lists "purse/handbag - female or male's" as an item that can be carried on in addition to the one carry-on per person on the airplane.

While I'm at it am trying to determine if my camera bag will qualify as a camera bag in addition to a carry on or if I will need to classify it as my carryon.

It is a backpack style, roughly 18 x 12 x 6 or approximately the same size as a briefcase which is also allowed in addition to the one carry on for most airlines.

Anyone with experience or insight? I may just have to call the airline and get a "ruling" from them...:rolleyes:

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter