Is anyone else here still masking at the parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajollyholidaywithjo

Mouseketeer
I don't want to make this a debate or anything, I was just curious since my plan is to wear masks indoors on my upcoming trip. It seems like no one is really wearing masks anymore there, but with numbers trending up again and Disney being the petri dish for sickness (even before COVID lol), I thought I might.

I don't want to make this a debate or anything, I was just curious since my plan is to wear masks indoors on my upcoming trip. It seems like no one is really wearing masks anymore there, but with numbers trending up again and Disney being the petri dish for sickness (even before COVID lol), I thought I might.
We just returned Monday from a weeklong trip and we did wear masks indoors and in some lines when people were packed closely. We were not the only ones but there were not many others masked. I was glad I had them on a number of times when there were people nearby actively coughing for extended periods. After the entire family got covid on our trip in May, we preferred being safe rather than sorry on this one.

At every park I visited this year it was a mixed bag for me. Given the weather I sometimes wouldn’t mask when outdoors. If the ride was outdoors, I found myself not masking.

Indoor rides 100% all the way masked (unless by some sheer dumb luck myself and my party were by ourselves. Then I unmasked but that maybe happened once)

I wear a mask on all transportation (monorail, busses, etc.) and in the indoor queues. I also sanitize my hands after every ride. I wear an N95 mask and not a cloth one. I would say less than 5% of people are wearing masks. No one will say anything about you wearing a mask.

I went last month and didn't wear a mask and I had worn masks on my 2 previous trips. My whole family ended up with colds...not the end of the world. However, I would wear a mask if I went today because of so many people being sick right now. You won't be the only ones wearing masks and you shouldn't feel awkward.

We also spent 5 nights at WDW earlier this month, and carried the masks with us - we wore them indoors and in areas where it was really crowded. Our choice, of course. But on transportation, and even outdoors at a crowded Candlelight Proc, we chose to wear them. But overall, the mask wearing is way, way down - maybe 1%-2% of the people as a rough estimate. But as others have mentioned, if you feel more secure for your personal reasons for wearing them, then you should wear them. And also as mentioned, with so many people not wearing them again, there's more to worry about than Covid!

My family still does. Not just for COVId. We used to always get sick at Disney. Every trip like clockwork. Since we started masking we no longer get sick there.

We were there for the first week of November and very few people wore masks. We always wore N99’s indoors, plus outdoors in crowded areas. We didn’t feel awkward at all.
As a further FYI in case anyone is interested, we had an Aeronet in our room at AKV in August (fantastic air exchange!) and BWV in November (abysmal air exchange, so we opened the balcony door &/or ran the bathroom fan periodically).

We were just there last week and we wore masks when indoors, transportation, in crowded areas, and crowded lines. We were some of the very few, but my kids were so great about it, if they thought too many people were around they'd ask for their masks!

Also hand sanitizer and washing hands frequently! Definitely every time we came home from the parks.

Honestly I felt better doing so--I've never heard so many sick children everywhere! We were in line twice in different parks watching people give Tylenol to their clearly ill children!

Last edited:
Just got back. There were some masks around. Wore my mask on transportation, crowded preshows and lines (GOTG, Soarin, Remy, BTMRR, HM, Pooh, Pirates, PP, Space Mtn, etc). Still came home with a scratchy throat and cough (negative for Covid though)

I've certainly noticed more mask-wearing recently here in North Florida.

There is a lot of flu and sickness going around everywhere right now. It is pretty miserable, as I know from first-hand experience.

In any event, no one will think twice about it. Or shouldn't, anyway.

Just got back Tuesday night from 10 days.
Wore a mask on all transportation, inside, on any rides where people were sitting with us. And of course on the airplane
I would say maybe 1 percent of the people were masked.
DH caught a cold and I think I now have one. We will be testing tomorrow because the family comes over Saturday for our family celebration.

I did notice a lot more people on the plane were wearing them.....just in that 10 days.

Back last week. We wore a mask now and again. Near the end of the trip, I started sneezing, so wore it more. No covid though. And saw all kinds of masks. Saw one CM at GS, wearing double masks.

We were at Disney during Thanksgiving week, and only wore them when we were indoors around the same people for extended periods of time. So mostly on the buses and during indoor shows. And we wore them on the plane. Some people are wearing them everywhere, but in general mask usage is extremely low. Nobody will give you a hard time for wearing one, and if they do... who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter