Is Chef Mickey that bad....???

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
trying to make 1 more dining reservation with Dining Plan and Chef Mickey is available on the 2 days we are playing with.. im surprised considering there are 7 of us.. I remember a few years ago it was one of those places you had to book at 180 days out! Ive read so many bad things about it.. we havnt been since 2005... Im thinking of giving it a shot...or will I regret?

We tried it for the first time last year. While I know others probably love it, we were dissapointed in it. The food was lack luster, and we saw no characters the whole time we were there. (they were there, but they spent a large amount of time with two tables and then had to take a break and never did come back before we left 20 minutes later)

We were just there last Saturday. I thought the food was OK. I went in not expecting much, and it was actually a bit better than I had hoped. Of course if the FAB 5 weren't there I would NEVER pay that price for the buffet, but the character interaction alone is worth the price for me.

I agree...the food is so-so, and I would never in my life pay that much for a buffet. However, when we ate there last year the characters were all over the place and spent time at all the tables. I guess it also depends on the ages of your children. We also went to Crystal Palace for breakfast and it was wonderful. The food was great, and the character interaction was wonderful.

We went for dinner and we were underwhelmed. The food was "meh" at best...wasn't terrible, but nothing memorable. The atmosphere is fun (swing those napkins:banana:) and LOUD (not unexpected;)) - the characters move through the tables crazy fast... sign autograph...10 seconds..pose for picture... 10 seconds and movin on....:laughing:

Glad we did it once - won't be hurrying back.

My kids wouldn't feel like they were at DW if we didn't "do" Chef Mickey's. Yeah, the food is not 5-star, but the atmosphere is fun and they love it. So, we keep going. :) They often want to go more than once, so it must be something fantastic to them.

We did the breakfast time - I enjoyed it - it was better than I thought it would be after the reviews - I wonder if people think it should be a 5star but I think it is great kids meal. So think Kids meal then it will be great for you. - if you don't like something, just go get something else
I didn't feel anymore rush with the characters than I did at meeting them in the park.

We have enjoyed it in the past enough to book it again for one of our meals on our upcoming trip.

We were there 2 years ago. The character interaction was fun. The food was like Golden Corral...it was edible but nothing stood out. I don't care for the CR.

It was nice not to wait in long lines in hot weather for an autograph, and it was nice to walk to MK.

It's a must do for our kids. We go early into every trip so the kids can see the characters while we eat and we don't wait in huge lines at the parks to see the characters seperately. I know people say the food is so terrible, well, not really any different than any other american food buffet at Disney (P&D @ H&V, Trails end~ GAG) I mean really, it's park food :lmao: :goodvibes I might say 1900 Park fare is probably a bit better but again, are you going to WDW for the food or the fun :thumbsup2 especially if it's a buffett :)

In my humble opinion, there are few places in the World where I would go so far as to call the food "good," but my children LOVE hanging with the characters, so I say "do it.". BTW, if the characters don't come by your table, tell your server and it will be remedied.

We had dinner at Chef Mickey's back in Dec. The character interaction was great but the food was pretty awful. The mashed potatoes were the only thing worth eating. We're trying it again for breakfast next trip....heard that's much better.

It's my daughter's very favorite meal. The breakfast is pretty good and there's such a fun, festive atmosphere w/ the fab 5 characters. Since my daughter loves Chef Mickey's so much we decided to try it for dinner this past trip. Wasn't impressed in the least. We'll stick w/ breakfast but will avoid dinner here in the future.

Does anyone know the going rate for breakfast at CM? My son has requested breakfast there in October but I can't seem to find any recent prices.

We did Breakfast there is Oct. DS LOVES the characters, so it was great for that. The food was OK, but not so much that we've chosen to put it on our list again for this time...

We went there in 2007 for breakfast and enjoyed the food and character interaction. It was loud in there but everyone was excited about the characters.

We were there for breakfast - I mean, it's pancakes, Mickey waffles - it was fine. Not gourmet, but perfectly fine for us. But the characters were awesome - my 5 year old was dressed as Minnie and got lots of special attention and hugs from Mickey and Minnie. All 5 characters came by, and it didn't feel rushed at all. Probably our favorite event as a family.

We went for early breakfast. It was sure fun to see the fab five before rope drop and then take monorail to the MK. On the down side, the food was probably our least favorite on our whole trip.

Travel safely and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter