Is FOP still a tough FP at 60 days?

at 7am today I was able to get FOP at 9:05am at 60+6 for 4 people. I was also able to get Na'vi River Journey and ROL for my day 60 which I didn't think I would be able to get.

I was able to add a fast pass this morning to ours for somebody - day 60 + 4. Had to change our original time, but still grabbed it for 4 people.

i managed to get this without much hassle, tried the 4+ days that others have mentioend, and we got this one.

I really wanted to get FOP for our arriving day. Had to settle for our last day (5th day). It was the only day with an early afternoon availability. Luckily, my flight doesn't leave until 9:55pm that day so it worked out okay for me.

I will be up extra early on our FP day but someone said here they have made FP on 2 devices (computer and phone) can you do that from the same MDE sign on or should I have each of us sign onto our own MDE account and try for FOP on a different day and see what we get? I wanted it for our 2nd day but it sounds like that's not much of a possibility. So we were going to try for 4 different times and see what we get. We are only there 6 days and we are going for a wedding so our time is limited. If we happen to get more than one time we'll pick what works and cancel the rest. I don't care if I get on it this trip as I will be going next year but for a few in my party it's a stretch to even go on this trip so I really want them to ride.

I just booked yesterday morning (Monday) and there was a ton available, all days. I checked back hours later and it was the same. This is for the week Oct 27-Nov 4.
I booked at my 60 day mark. I think folks should be able to get what they want, really hoping it's loosened up a bit.

Hopefully when Star Wars Land/Galaxy Edge opens Disney figures out how to guarantee FP for anyone staying on site regardless of day with a FP. Even now there should be some sort of parameters for some sort of guarantee for at least one FP to FOP if you are staying on site. Until popularity dies down I think it would even be fair to limit access to pandora in the morning certain days of the week at rope drop to on site guests only until the hype dies down. This way it would help those staying on site who did not get a FP have some sort of an advantage of getting on the ride first thing in the morning... Why should someone who is paying thousands to stay on site and who could not get a FP at 60 days have to wrestle the masses first thing in the morning with those who are not staying onsite to get onto disney most popular attraction.

Last edited:
Hopefully when Star Wars Land/Galaxy Edge opens Disney figures out how to guarantee FP for anyone staying on site regardless of day with a FP. Even now there should be some sort of parameters for some sort of guarantee for at least one FP to FOP if you are staying on site. Until popularity dies down I think it would even be fair to limit access to pandora in the morning certain days of the week at rope drop to on site guests only until the hype dies down. This way it would help those staying on site who did not get a FP have some sort of an advantage of getting on the ride first thing in the morning... Why should someone who is paying thousands to stay on site and who could not get a FP at 60 days have to wrestle the masses first thing in the morning with those who are not staying onsite to get onto disney most popular attraction.

There are ways they can do this. Or at least make it better.

1. They need to keep the park open. Closing at 7:00 or 8:00 pm
Takes too many FP out of circulation. In June with expanded park hours, I was able to add FoP FP in the 40 day range.
2. Add the 3 hours of evening EMH to alleviate need for FP.
3. I hope the rides in Star Wars Land are easier to load and work at a higher capacity. FoP takes way too long to load and start up.
4. Hopefully the rides in Star Wars have higher hourly capacity. The two Pandora rides are woefully below average. Navi River Journey is running at about 1/3 the capacity of It's a Small World.

My biggest fear is that Disney chooses not to do these four things and relies on expensive uncharges to allow peopke access without long lines.

I also don't understand why the don't have a third attraction in Star Wars and Pandora. The other lands in Animal Kingdom have three attractions.

I just booked yesterday morning (Monday) and there was a ton available, all days. I checked back hours later and it was the same. This is for the week Oct 27-Nov 4.
I booked at my 60 day mark. I think folks should be able to get what they want, really hoping it's loosened up a bit.

I have been trying in overdrive to modify our FoP FP for 10/27 and have had no luck :( When I logged on blurry eyed at 6am I took the earliest time available to me which was 6:50 pm--I then realized that our RoL dining package is that night and started trying to modify to an earlier time and have spent every minute I had extra refreshing but haven't seen anything for the 27th even trying party of 1 or 2!!

There were no fp available for fop at 60+4 for me. When they extended hours, I didn't want to give up Ohana dinner. This morning, at 41 days out, magic happened. I got fop fps for 3 of us at 11:05! Don't give up!

We are doing a split stay in October and once my 60 day opened for the first reservation, I was able to book for the entire trip.
This is exactly what I've been wanting to know!!! We are staying at a value resort on day 1 and then transferring to another resort on day 2. Was hoping I could make my fast pass reservations 60 days prior to the first resort reservation.

We planned a very last minute trip and there was no FOP FP available at all. I keep checking everyday (10+ times daily) and finally something open up for our 2nd last day and we are leaving in 3 days. Just keep trying - there are miracles!!

Sorry for the dumb question, but this will be our first WDW trip and I have no experience booking FP+. So on Day 60, you are able to book FPs for your entire stay? (in our case 7 days). Good to know, I thought it would only be available for the first day, and then 59 days out day 2, and so on.

Based on the great info in this thread, I might want to start backwards with Day 7 to try to lock in FoP (or even Day 5).

This is for April. Got awhile to go!

Sorry for the dumb question, but this will be our first WDW trip and I have no experience booking FP+. So on Day 60, you are able to book FPs for your entire stay? (in our case 7 days). Good to know, I thought it would only be available for the first day, and then 59 days out day 2, and so on.

Based on the great info in this thread, I might want to start backwards with Day 7 to try to lock in FoP (or even Day 5).

This is for April. Got awhile to go!

Yup! At 7am on your 60 day mark, you'll be able to book all your fastpasses!! It's nice to get it all done at once!

I recommend booking your FastPassed in the order of the hardest to get i.e. FOP, FEA, dwarfs mine ride, etc

Yup! At 7am on your 60 day mark, you'll be able to book all your fastpasses!! It's nice to get it all done at once!

I recommend booking your FastPassed in the order of the hardest to get i.e. FOP, FEA, dwarfs mine ride, etc

Thanks so much. Wow I feel so clueless. I think I need to go back to the FP FAQ thread!

Just something to note ... we were at AK yesterday. I couldn't get FOP at my 60 day mark or any other time I checked before leaving. Yesterday was our AK day and we did rope drop for FOP. We checked the app mid morning and there were many FOP fastpasses open at several times. So they definitely held some back. Whether they will do this all the time is unknown, but it's what I saw yesterday.

This is exactly what I've been wanting to know!!! We are staying at a value resort on day 1 and then transferring to another resort on day 2. Was hoping I could make my fast pass reservations 60 days prior to the first resort reservation.
This helps me as well. We are split between three reservations. I was sure I'd have to book in three installments, just like dining. (I could only make ADRs for length of each reservation.)

Now I have to figure out how to book FP for my Dad, who is checking in the next day. Do I make my family's FP the first day I can and then try to match his the next day? Everyone is on my MDE account.

This helps me as well. We are split between three reservations. I was sure I'd have to book in three installments, just like dining. (I could only make ADRs for length of each reservation.)

Now I have to figure out how to book FP for my Dad, who is checking in the next day. Do I make my family's FP the first day I can and then try to match his the next day? Everyone is on my MDE account.

There's a great thread on Fastpasses at the link below, page 1 answers most all of your questions. But if you still have questions after reading, you may get specific answers there quicker than here.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter