Is it possible to get ride photos after the fact?

shosh1530

DIS Veteran
My 9 year old is super excited that we rode Incredicoaster on Tuesday, but in all the excitement we forgot to look a the ride photo. We never got a photo pass and we don't know the number of the photo (all we know the general time we rode).

I'm assuming there is no way to get it, but thought I'd ask anyway... Thoughts? It'd be such a great surprise for him to find it as he can't stop talking about the ride (although says he will never ride it again).

Not that I'm aware of, but one suggestion is to email Disney Guest Services with the date and around the time you rode.... Never hurts to ask, the worst they could say is "no" or no reply. Disney magic happens a lot too :)

*Apologies, unable to post links here, but you can click on 'Help' at the top of Disneyland.com

Last edited:
I will tell you this, it is possible. I spent maybe 4-5 hours punching in numbers in sequence in the ride photo section of the app trying to find said photo from a previous ride.

You just need a starting position and move backwards or forwards. If someone is in the parks today and can tell you the # right now, you can subtract in large increments and fine tune as you get closer

It’s a slog, but it’s possible by that method!

Oooh, that is a helpful idea. Do you know if they are time stamped so you can zero in on the right window as you go through numbers?

Does anyone out there have a number from this week for Incredicoasters? I'm willing to put some time in slogging through them.

Oooh, that is a helpful idea. Do you know if they are time stamped so you can zero in on the right window as you go through numbers?

Does anyone out there have a number from this week for Incredicoasters? I'm willing to put some time in slogging through them.

I checked - the picture itself doesn’t have a date or time, but I remember the app had the date/time under the photo. I hope that wasn’t changed in an update. Goodluck!

Do you know when you rode it? Maybe you have a photo with a timestamp that can help you pin down the time?

We’ve had photopass locate lost photos for us before with the date/time and a description of us/what we were wearing. I’m not sure if they have the staff for it right now. But it’s theoretically possible.

Will DM you photo pass number from Incredicoaster from our visit on Wednesday afternoon - it's likely way after yours from Tuesday but at least gives you a starting point if you wanted to manually check through the photos!

If you have the approximate time of when you rode it, and can include a picture of what you were wearing or a good description, there's a good chance they can find it for you. Just went through this yesterday when we got stuck in a log jam at Splash and missed our photo. Guest Support for Disney Photopass is DisneyPhotoPass_support@DisneyWorld.com and their number is 714-520-7108, with their hours 7 days a week 6am-6pm Pacific.

Thanks everyone! I have filled out the form with Photopass Services for missing photos. Fingers crossed!

I also have searched through hundreds of photos now, but there seems to be a gap in the sequence of photos between sometime on 6/19 and 10 am on 6/22 (we rode around 9:15).

So if anyone has the photo code still who rode 6/20, 6/21, or really early on 6/22 shoot it my way. I'm starting to wonder if maybe the photo machines were down or something.

Call the Photopass number. They can absolutely help. They have helped me find photos after several weeks had gone by, and it they’re so good they can do it in just minutes.

Following up here in case anyone is ever in the same situation. I filled out the online form, but didn't hear back. So I eventually called. The cast member I spoke to was very helpful and searched while we were on the phone. She wasn't able to find anything and sent it over to the "recover team" to search deeper.

I heard back via email today that they had an equipment failure on the Incredicoaster the morning we rode, so there is no photo to recover. This explains why we didn't see the photos as we exited the ride.

I'm bummed, but was please at the customer service I received. I'm confident that if the photo had existed, they would have found it for me.

Looks like I'll be putting a stock photo of the Incredicoaster in our photo book. DS still can't stop talking about how epic a ride it was.

Following up here in case anyone is ever in the same situation. I filled out the online form, but didn't hear back. So I eventually called. The cast member I spoke to was very helpful and searched while we were on the phone. She wasn't able to find anything and sent it over to the "recover team" to search deeper.

I heard back via email today that they had an equipment failure on the Incredicoaster the morning we rode, so there is no photo to recover. This explains why we didn't see the photos as we exited the ride.

I'm bummed, but was please at the customer service I received. I'm confident that if the photo had existed, they would have found it for me.

Looks like I'll be putting a stock photo of the Incredicoaster in our photo book. DS still can't stop talking about how epic a ride it was.

I’m sad, but great service there. I suppose that means you’ll have to take another trip to make up for the photo!

Yes! Although my son say he loved it so much, but also never wants to ride it again. We'll see...

okay, glad I’m not the only one whose kid says that. I dragged my DD7 onto Big Thunder and she hated me for it, but now brags to all her friends that she rode it and loved it🤷‍♂️

she keeps watching YouTube, but swears up and down she won’t ride it again. Do revisit this thread if/when your son rides the coaster!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter