Is Kona Cafe breakfast really popular?

The pineapple macadamia pancakes are definitely my reason for going to Kona. I love myself some Tonga Toast, but the version at Capt. Cook's is virtually identical and much cheaper.

These pancakes are exactly the reason I'm going. And I'm not even really a huge pancake person, or sweet breakfast person in general, but they sound amazing.

The pineapple macadamia pancakes are definitely my reason for going to Kona. I love myself some Tonga Toast, but the version at Capt. Cook's is virtually identical and much cheaper.
I can't eat them due to food allergies, but I love the Loco Moco there. Bummed out that they took it off the menu a while back in favor of a fake meat version but I heard the real meat one is still available if you ask.

Lately, I find more availability by searching for 3 or 4, booking it, then modify to 2. Two weeks ago I had similar situation in that I was able to get 7:50, but wanted 7:30. I just kept checking all week until we finally got it I think the day before.

This is what I had, the Polynesian Egg Platter. It was very good! My wife had the Mickey Shaped pancakes from the kids menu and that was very good too. Overall a much better breakfast than Ohana.

F1FCDF21-CBE4-46C5-8BC2-D093606410A9.jpeg

Again, I’ve learned something new. Thank y’all. We just went on and tried to get Kona for our first day. It is just the two of us. Nothing. Then we put in for 3 people and two times opened up for around the time we wanted. Good to know!!! We now have a reservation. :-)

I can't eat them due to food allergies, but I love the Loco Moco there. Bummed out that they took it off the menu a while back in favor of a fake meat version but I heard the real meat one is still available if you ask.
My husband does this! They'll still make it for you!

They hold back some of those reservations for resort guests to use the waitlist which makes them harder to get reservations

I think it's good and certainly worth a try! But the reason I keep going back is the Pineapple Macadamia Nut pancakes - holy smokes!
They sound delicious, but I loathe butter, and since half the appeal of the dish is the macadamia nut butter....that’s out

Just grabbed a reservation for our departure day(not leaving until 8:50pm)
I have always wanted to see the Poly(but could never afford to stay there lol!) so this is a way to experience it. Really looking forward to those pancakes!

I’d love to try that ! It’s essentially gravy over rice ?
Yeah, it's a Hawaiian dish, usually a hamburger patty served over white rice with a fried egg and gravy on top. Though there are different meats involved at times, some plate lunch places do it with spam, mahi mahi, etc. Kona has the classic version

Just FYI when I tried to book Crystal Palace on our 60 day mark (this was a few weeks back), there was absolutely NOTHING available for breakfast at any time during our stay. I suspected an IT issue, others on this board suspected an IT issue, a chat rep on the Disney site suspected an IT issue and put me through to IT support..... who denied it was an IT issue. I thought gee, really weird bc I know that Crystal Palace is popular for breakfast, but like... not SO popular that there would be no availability at all, meanwhile I could still get a spot at Topolino.

So I set up an alert with a reservation finder. Over a week goes by, radio silence. Then out of nowhere, my phone is blowing up with 50 Crystal Palace openings, every morning. I am STILL getting them daily, at least 10 this morning.

......I think it was an IT issue 😂

Yeah, it's a Hawaiian dish, usually a hamburger patty served over white rice with a fried egg and gravy on top. Though there are different meats involved at times, some plate lunch places do it with spam, mahi mahi, etc. Kona has the classic version
Thanks ! Yum !

Again, I’ve learned something new. Thank y’all. We just went on and tried to get Kona for our first day. It is just the two of us. Nothing. Then we put in for 3 people and two times opened up for around the time we wanted. Good to know!!! We now have a reservation. :-)
Thanks for the tip. Just worked for us, too.

I know its not on the new menu, (or the old for that matter), but I always ask for blueberry pancakes and the chef makes them for me. Has anyone recently tried to order that and had success?

So I'm actually not so sure this was an availability issue vs an IT issue. I decided to search for 3 people instead of 2 and found a 9:05am that I was able to grab and then modify back to 2. This is a much more ideal time for us.
Thank you SO MUCH for putting this out there. I am not sure if they are going to love the fact that I followed suit and did the same thing - but I had been looking for August 15th and all that would pop up for 2 people was 0740 which totally was a bummer - so I decided to try your trick and for some reason a party of 3 is available for 0930 so I took it and I am elated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter