• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Le Cellier worth it?

For me it was not worth it as a 1TS restaurant and it surely will not be worth it for me as a 2TS restaurant. This place is dark, loud and very cramped with tables stacked so close together I can not only hear the people inches away, I swear I can hear them think. For me the service was also only average, the steaks very "Outback" in quality and was not a big fan of the Mushroom sauce on the filet (tasted like Campbells soup out of a can) nor cared for the risotto which seemed more like "Minute Rice" to me. Not a fan and will not go back. I would much prefer to take the short walk over to the Yachtsman Steakhouse if on the dining plan or to Shula's if paying OOP. When Disney turned this into a signature and did virtually nothing else but jack up the prices there was not even a chance I would give it another try. Sorry, I like pixie dust, but I'm not smoking it.

We used to go there every trip, but on our two most recent visits found the food to be just okay (Outback quality is a good description), with a 'let's turn the table' vibe from our servers. Our biggest gripe: tables were so crammed together it felt like we might as well have been eating at the communal tables in the Germany TS restaurant. So, if you like making new friends while eating mediocre food, go for it! Not our idea of fine dining.

I have always enjoyed it, but they recently made it 2 meals on the DP, so I'm not sure it is worth it if you are on the plan. If you are paying cash, the food there is excellent and if you were intending on eating at a similar priced option I would recommend it.

This would be my recommendation as well.

Not worth 2 dining credits IMO

For me it was not worth it as a 1TS restaurant and it surely will not be worth it for me as a 2TS restaurant. This place is dark, loud and very cramped with tables stacked so close together I can not only hear the people inches away, I swear I can hear them think. For me the service was also only average, the steaks very "Outback" in quality and was not a big fan of the Mushroom sauce on the filet (tasted like Campbells soup out of a can) nor cared for the risotto which seemed more like "Minute Rice" to me. Not a fan and will not go back. I would much prefer to take the short walk over to the Yachtsman Steakhouse if on the dining plan or to Shula's if paying OOP. When Disney turned this into a signature and did virtually nothing else but jack up the prices there was not even a chance I would give it another try. Sorry, I like pixie dust, but I'm not smoking it.
This has got to be the quote of the year: "I like pixie dust, but I'm not smoking it." Ha!!!

My daughter and I are very picky about steak, but DH and sons love most, so I'm looking at Shula's since we choose OOP for our trips. My guys may be fine with several places, but I won't pay premium for chain-style steak.

Worth it? No. Fine for the park? Yes.

My daughter and I are very picky about steak, but DH and sons love most, so I'm looking at Shula's since we choose OOP for our trips. My guys may be fine with several places, but I won't pay premium for chain-style steak.

Worth it? No. Fine for the park? Yes.

FYI Shula's is a chain as well...

FYI Shula's is a chain as well...

This is true, we have one not very far from where I live... Perhaps they meant average to low quality chain style steak like Outback, Longhorn and Texas Roadhouse instead of very good to excellent chains like Ruth's Chris, Flemings, Morton's and Shula's... But again, you are correct.

Le Cellier is not our favorite restaurant, not by any stretch. We went once, thought it was "okay" and go anywhere else. I thought it was overrated when it was 1 TS cedit, and as 2, with increased prices to reflect that increase? Nope.

This used to be a must do for us. When they switched to a 2 credit we paid OOP but now they have priced us out of the restaurant. I can't justify the price of the ribeye here.

I'm so disappointed to hear this. Le Cellier was my fav. I suppose I will just snack my way around the world that day since we will be there during the F&G Fest. ::sigh::

2" thick steak that you can cut with a fork, every time. Incredible.
IMO worth it, if you're a steak person I think you'll agree.

In 2012 and 2014 it was great. Last Sept 2015 it had really declined in service, atmosphere, and food quality. Still love the pretzel bread, but my money is better spent at Cali Grill

I'm so disappointed to hear this. Le Cellier was my fav. I suppose I will just snack my way around the world that day since we will be there during the F&G Fest. ::sigh::
I would not take it off your list because other people don't like it. It has ALWAYS had people who thought it was overrated, hated the mushroom filet etc. The atmosphere has always been the same too. If YOU like it, don't change your plans because others don't.

I would not take it off your list because other people don't like it. It has ALWAYS had people who thought it was overrated, hated the mushroom filet etc. The atmosphere has always been the same too. If YOU like it, don't change your plans because others don't.

Agree. It seems that a lot of people's problem with LC is the restaurant changing from 1 to 2 credits. I've heard it said several times here that people "loved" it when it was 1 table service, but now they "hate" it since it's 2 credits. IMO, the food hasn't changed, but the "value" has for people on the ddp. It's always been pricier for OOP, relative to other Disney restaurants.

We've eaten there several times in the past, and always enjoyed the food and had good service. We will go back. It's never been a "must do" on our list for every trip, but we generally hit it at least every other trip.

Used to be a must do for us, but we are in agreement that it is not worth the money or the 2 TS credits. We have been to Shulas and LOVED it and although expensive was absolutely worth the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter