Is Prime Time a good choice for a solo traveler?

Ms. WDW

A DIS Veteran who just won't grow up!
I've been reading up on good choices for solo travelers. I didn't get all my ADR's in so I'm looking at places that I've never been to alone. I've traveled to WDW MANY times alone, but I was looking for a few new places.

At thoughts on Prime Time Café for a solo? I've stayed away from here in the past because of the "jokes". Not sure how I'd feel being put in the corner if I'm alone. :rotfl:

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I kinda wonder the same thing about other restaurants, but at the same time, I often eat alone, so it doesn't usually bother me too much. If you don't want in the corner, ask not to be put in the corner.

I've eaten alone in quite a few restaurants in WDW, but never this one. I've been there several times, but with my family. I dunno, maybe I'll give it a try!
Thanks for your reply.

I would do this as a solo. I think you can eat at the bar as well. Love The 50s primetime!!

I've eaten alone in quite a few restaurants in WDW, but never this one. I've been there several times, but with my family. I dunno, maybe I'll give it a try!
Thanks for your reply.

I just kinda figure if you want to eat somewhere, eat there. Your money is as good as anyone else's. If you have a problem, speak to the manager about it, but generally cast members are helpful. One of my big one's that I am hoping to fit in is Sanaa, and I am wondering if they will be welcoming of a solo travel.

I ate here on a solo trip and like many in this post mentioned they were worried about the jokes, etc. I had a wonderful waitress who was a bit older than me ( probably not more than 5 years or so but I do look a bit on the younger side ) and her jokes were minimal and she took more of the 'mom' approach - did you eat all your vegetables and things like that.

The food was good and I enjoyed the atmosphere. If you really are concerned though but still want to give it a try, I think you can order food in the bar. It's a bit less on stage. I'm sure another poster may be able to tell you if you can order off the menu at the bar.

I've eaten here a few times solo but always at the Tune In Lounge (the bar). No reservations - just grab a seat when it opens up and you have the same menu as the restaurant. Plus the bar staff are great.

I've eaten a few times solo at Prime Time, and I've always gotten the same server coincidently. Although he was very pleasant, he didn't initiate any joking until I did, asking him how Grandma was doing with her [I can't remember what she makes]. And every time I've been there, fellow diners have been especially friendly. Maybe that's because I'm of the age to remember "Car 54, Where are You?" and we all sing along!

Loved my experience at Prime Time Cafe eating with friends but I'd avoid it as a solo. It all depends on your personality whether you'd enjoy it solo.
I don't mind interactive experiences when I'm in a group, but otherwise I don't like so much attention.

But it seems that lots of people on here have done Prime Time, Whispering Canyon, not to mention character buffets and had a great time!

I've had hit or miss at Prime Time as a solo. First time was awesome - great server and he integrated me with the table next to me based on we happened to be from the same big city. That group was fun and the server really was awesome. Second time - I just got horrible service - period. Not even an attempt to play a character/joke around. And I felt like it was because I was solo (ie - smaller tip or because I was TIW). Third time - she was in character, joked a tad bit, and I did get quality service - but the interaction was not over the top.

I think the only place I refuse to go solo is Biergarten... I don't like the shared table thing there.

I'll be eating here solo for the first time in December, I've been wondering the same thing. It's one of our favorite restaurants, just never eaten there on a solo trip.

If you are the self-conscious type, then as others have said, I'd also recommend sitting at the bar, where you can order off the full menu, without much likelihood of being subjected to unwanted antics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter