• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Storytellers always so hectic?

Just comment on price. We have storytellers brunch booked and price for that is $40 something I think, it is considered character breakfast until the end of this year and will switch to premium or Resort breakfast, can't remember what they are calling it. But I was told we could use regular character dining vouchers until then. Which is a much better deal.
I was just going to ask about this! Thanks for the info :) I bought my vouchers from getaway today last week and bought the regular ones as they listed storytellers under that.

Hmmmm I just bought vouchers too and that is listed on them. Hopefully it is staying the same so we can use them since we just got them. I emailed Disney about it when they did the changeover and there was confusion on if it was premium or regular (it was listed differently in different places and no announcement of change) and thankfully Disneyland Daily (Casey) was able to speak to Disney and get a straight answer- my emails were met with a you can use vouchers and if the cost is more pay the extra and we can change our minds at any time with no announcement and gave me no answer on which it was.... anyway- I’m July in was still regular and I bought my vouchers last week so here’s to hoping lol anything to raise prices I guess. I’ll see if I can find out more info and will post if I do!

We have been to Storytellers many times for breakfast and dinner. Always had great food, service and character interaction. I would say they were having an O F F day for sure! ::yes::

Hmmmm I just bought vouchers too and that is listed on them. Hopefully it is staying the same so we can use them since we just got them. I emailed Disney about it when they did the changeover and there was confusion on if it was premium or regular (it was listed differently in different places and no announcement of change) and thankfully Disneyland Daily (Casey) was able to speak to Disney and get a straight answer- my emails were met with a you can use vouchers and if the cost is more pay the extra and we can change our minds at any time with no announcement and gave me no answer on which it was.... anyway- I’m July in was still regular and I bought my vouchers last week so here’s to hoping lol anything to raise prices I guess. I’ll see if I can find out more info and will post if I do!
Thanks for the heads up, I just purchased a few of the vouchers.

Last Thursday I had a 10am reservation for a group of 7 (5 adults and 2 kids). Check in was quick and our server was fairly attentive. All of our food items were tasty and the kids had fun seeing the characters.

Dale was the only one who had an extensive interaction with the kids. Everyone else dropped by for a quick photo. One handler was abrupt but not quite in the rude category. If I had chosen this place for characters, I would have been disappointed. Thankfully my brother and I chose it for food and were happy.

I was not expecting the $44 price per adult. The 5 year old's price was $26. I don't regret the reservation, however this wouldn't be high on my list for return experiences.

One thing they could do to add value to this would be to have a photo opp with Mickey as soon as the group/party comes in. I'm guessing space is an issue but I'm sure there are ways to fix that.

Last Thursday I had a 10am reservation for a group of 7 (5 adults and 2 kids). Check in was quick and our server was fairly attentive. All of our food items were tasty and the kids had fun seeing the characters.

Dale was the only one who had an extensive interaction with the kids. Everyone else dropped by for a quick photo. One handler was abrupt but not quite in the rude category. If I had chosen this place for characters, I would have been disappointed. Thankfully my brother and I chose it for food and were happy.

I was not expecting the $44 price per adult. The 5 year old's price was $26. I don't regret the reservation, however this wouldn't be high on my list for return experiences.

One thing they could do to add value to this would be to have a photo opp with Mickey as soon as the group/party comes in. I'm guessing space is an issue but I'm sure there are ways to fix that.
I agree with you. The only addition to this breakfast was Mickey & Minnie and added a few different breakfast items. I love the salted caramel French toast and miss that they no longer have a tub of that sauce on the side anymore. Now they have bananas foster sauce which is not anywhere near as good IMO. And having an an additional photo opp or additional characters would make sense for the premium rate but what they did add just doesn't justify it for me either. :( they have just priced me out of this breakfast.:guilty:

When are you going?
From what i was told by carious CM on the dining line was that they will accept the vouchers through the end of this year only.
I have an email also from them because i wanted to be xtra sure, but my Yahoo mail isn't working right now so I can't pull it up

I just called to get prices for the various character buffets and was quoted $39 plus tax for Storytellers breakfast, and $34 plus tax for Plaza Inn.

Went to Storytellers last week, 44.00 ish after tax per head was spendy for a breakfast buffet even with AP discount. I was all for it before the price hike but I think Ill pass on it next trip.

That place used to be dead as a doornail. Quiet, never full (when we walked by anyway). That's why they switched it up. It wasn't generating enough energy or buzz.....or customers! Now it's like Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel. All holy you know what busting out. Last time I walked by it, it was jam packed and looked like reservations were running way behind. Guess they got what they wanted.

That place used to be dead as a doornail. Quiet, never full (when we walked by anyway). That's why they switched it up. It wasn't generating enough energy or buzz.....or customers! Now it's like Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel. All holy you know what busting out. Last time I walked by it, it was jam packed and looked like reservations were running way behind. Guess they got what they wanted.
We are usually there during busy times, and it was always busy. We've always preferred it as the food was better.

We are usually there during busy times, and it was always busy. We've always preferred it as the food was better.
Agree. When I used to go more frequently, I found it was a quieter place but not a dead place.

I miss all of the quiet places that used to be in and around the resort. It was a nice break from the noise and frenetic energy of the parks. It's fun to see how excited everyone is, but I can take it for only a few hours.

We always had this experience too- busy but it felt relaxed when we sat down. In July it was beyond busy and didn’t feel relaxed when we sat down. Seeing that a LOT of families had to meet with characters in the middle of the room I think others when we were there had the same problems as we did at that time at least.

When are you going?
From what i was told by carious CM on the dining line was that they will accept the vouchers through the end of this year only.
I have an email also from them because i wanted to be xtra sure, but my Yahoo mail isn't working right now so I can't pull it up
I am going early december so we should be ok with the vouchers, but with what we saw it’s disappointing to see they are changing this one to a premium. Honestly if Minnie’s changed to premium I wouldn’t squawk since the amount of characters is immense, but the food and character interaction took a huge hit at the changeover so.... I mean Disney is good at parting us with our money and we don’t like to scrimp on our Disney trips, but if it’s not as good as it used to be or at least close (food was amazing, characters always came around, usually several times and we always had a great time all around) we will probably explore other character meals or meals in general too- we’re trying out Goofys to see if that may be a better alternative for us in the future although we love the Storytellers feel and food (or used to) so hoping that it was just a rough changeover!!

I am going early december so we should be ok with the vouchers, but with what we saw it’s disappointing to see they are changing this one to a premium. Honestly if Minnie’s changed to premium I wouldn’t squawk since the amount of characters is immense, but the food and character interaction took a huge hit at the changeover so.... I mean Disney is good at parting us with our money and we don’t like to scrimp on our Disney trips, but if it’s not as good as it used to be or at least close (food was amazing, characters always came around, usually several times and we always had a great time all around) we will probably explore other character meals or meals in general too- we’re trying out Goofys to see if that may be a better alternative for us in the future although we love the Storytellers feel and food (or used to) so hoping that it was just a rough changeover!!

I agree that the cost is too high for what you get. It is the same price as Goofys, but for some reason i am willing to pay more for a dinner than a breakfast. The interactions and vibe at goofys is so much more Disney and fun for the kids than at storytellers. If it weren't for the vouchers I would not be eating there. When doing character dining we will stick with minnies and goofys after December.

I agree that the cost is too high for what you get. It is the same price as Goofys, but for some reason i am willing to pay more for a dinner than a breakfast. The interactions and vibe at goofys is so much more Disney and fun for the kids than at storytellers. If it weren't for the vouchers I would not be eating there. When doing character dining we will stick with minnies and goofys after December.
Well it makes sense that you would be,more willing to pay more for dinner than breakfast as dinner is usually more expensive. So, I agree with you on that one. Also Goofy's offers more characters doesn't it?

We had a great experience at Storytellers on Monday November 5th. We went for a 1 PM brunch. It was an easy walk between the restaurant and DCA. It felt like we were eating in the park, it was so close! It was not crowded at all, so the character interactions were great. They all stopped by multiple times, and we were treated to an improvised pantomime show with Mickey and Pluto. Pluto was begging for treats, and Mickey finally gave him one from his bag. It was great fun! (Food was good, too.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter