Is the DL Hotel "worth checking out"?

klam_chowder

<font color=royalblue>Got her own private pool dan
Wondering if the flagship hotel at DLP is worth a visit like the ones at DLR and WDW are worth a look around. Any highlights inside?

We're staying onsite and our arrival day is a non-park day so will be spending it checking out the Village, and was wondering if any of the other resorts would merit a visit, like AK is at WDW, etc.

Any insights much appreciated!

cheers,
:)

Its worth having a look at the hotels if you have time but remember they are just hotels and not resorts like WDW.
Disneyland hotel has a beautiful reception/ lobby area on the ground floor then you can walk up the large staircase to the first floor where the shops, piano bar and restaurants are situated. The corridor you walk along to these and just beyond looks out towards the park and you can see how close you are. You can see the top of the castle including some of dreams at night.

All the hotels are styled differently so are all worth popping into to see the theming - Cheyenne looks like a wild west town , NY has a more formal Manhattan style bar whereas Sequoia has a relaxed feel to its bar with log fire in winter

Where are you staying and when are you going? If you are there during Christmas season all the hotels are decorated and last year there was a large gingerbread house in the lobby of DLH.

All hotels are walkable from the park with 3 of them being situated around Lake disney just outside Disney Village

Thx a mint for your detailed info and reply, A Small World...much appreciated! I might catch a glimpse of Dreams on the first night from there, if I'm not zonked.

I'm heading down in a couple of weeks - late to planning, tsk, tsk...I know...LOL! My Cheyenne pkg included 3 park-to-park days so I will use them on Sat, Sun & Mon. I've done some poking around so have a list of attractions, have the general lay of the land and will just walk 15 mins to the park. On my Friday arrival day I planned to check out Disney Village and then thought maybe I should look at the big pink hotel too, but didn't know if that was "acceptable" to do in DLP, as it is in WDW/DLR...didn't want the embarrassment of being shoo'd away for not being a hotel guest...LOL!

Interested in a counter service dinner on Friday...was considering EoS but have been there before. Any another non-park suggestions in the Village or maybe a resort?

cheers,

Normally the packages in the onsite hotels include tickets for all days of your stay including arrival and departure day. Are you sure you don't have a ticket for the Friday?

But yes it is acceptable to go into any of the hotels to look around.

Almost all the counter service restaurants are inside the parks. Village has Earl of Sandwich, Mc Donalds and NY style sandwiches. Maybe you can try Billy bob's saloon or annette's diner, those prices aren't too steep :) The hotels only offer tableservice and buffet style if i'm not mistaken.

WDW vet here -- I was there last week and enjoyed checking out the DLH for a bit. There are some pretty things to see in the lobby. On the second floor I recommend having a drink or a snack at Fantasia Bar, and checking out the gift shop. They have a nice selection of items, including a few things that are exclusive to the Disneyland Hotel.

They have a silhouette artist near the gift shop on some days - we have a beautiful family silhouette done and will be having another done next year. The spa is well worth a visit as well if you have the inclination and time. We didn't use the Fantasia Bar when we stayed at DLH because we don't drink alcohol and have young children but it is very beautiful. As the previous poster said the shop has some exclusive items like clothing. I like looking around the hotels :) it's nice for future decisions for where you're going to stay :)

Normally the packages in the onsite hotels include tickets for all days of your stay including arrival and departure day. Are you sure you don't have a ticket for the Friday?

Yes, I've checked, thx...LOL! :cutie:

Almost all the counter service restaurants are inside the parks...The hotels only offer tableservice and buffet style if i'm not mistaken.

Exact info I was looking for...thx a mint! :flower:

There are some pretty things to see in the lobby. On the second floor I recommend having a drink or a snack at Fantasia Bar, and checking out the gift shop. They have a nice selection of items, including a few things that are exclusive to the Disneyland Hotel.

Fab tips...thx thx! A quick bite at the Village folllowed by a relaxing stop at the bar for a sweet finish sounds perfect! I'm an exclusive shopper too so bonus find! :yay:

They have a silhouette artist near the gift shop on some days. The spa is well worth a visit as well if you have the inclination and time. I like looking around the hotels :) it's nice for future decisions for where you're going to stay :)

Thx and nice to know...I can always dream! :cloud9:

The replies and wonderful tidbits of info are much appreciated, all! :thanks:

cheers,

Thx, thx, sunshine1 - I will! Looking forward to it.

cheers,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter