Is there construction near Aulani now?

Pete W.

DIS Veteran
Just read a TripAdvisor review from someone who stayed at Aulani in February in room # 1062 (1BR OV in Ewa short wing) and they indicate that "there was daily construction out the window facing the ocean. Backhoes and jack hammers started at 8 a.m."

Does anyone know if they've begun construction on the Atlantis resort next to Aulani, or is this something else?

I was there in February and it wasn't being worked on. I'm guessing it was a smaller construction project.

We were there a couple of weeks ago and they were demolishing that little wedding chapel beside Aunty’s and the Aulani BBQs. It was noisy during the day. Nothing had started yet on the Atlantis site.

I was there last week and briefly heard construction noise during the day. Nothing particularly disruptive.

Thanks for the replies. I looked at the Ko Olina Chapel Place of Joy website and it says "Notice: Closed for Renovations" so that would explain the construction noise. Something to consider for those folks in Island Garden View rooms who are placed in the Ewa long building.

Which placement should we request for a grand villa, ocean view?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter