• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is this disgusting or am I overreacting?

Is this gross?

• Yes, this is not acceptable regardless if it was outdoor seating or indoors

Votes: 38 12.3%
  • No, you are overreacting

Votes: 264 85.4%
  • Other, because the DIS says this must be an option

Votes: 7 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where I live, it's allergy time and you can often see the pollen swirling in the air. You could draw pictures on your car. If people at a resraurant left their table every time they needed to blow their nose, the line for the bathroom would be out the door. Or if people didn't go out to eat because of runny noses, half the restaurants would be empty around here.

Where I live, it's allergy time and you can often see the pollen swirling in the air. You could draw pictures on your car. If people at a resraurant left their table every time they needed to blow their nose, the line for the bathroom would be out the door. Or if people didn't go out to eat because of runny noses, half the restaurants would be empty around here.

And with all that conversation, nobody would dare wash their hands, use the hand dryer or flush the toilet. :sad2:
It’s a vicious circle. :rolleyes:

We just got off the Wonder and as we were in the beautiful theater one night, waiting for the show to start, some old, gross guy next to me took off his shoes (and he wasn't wearing socks) and proceeded to scrape the bottom of his nasty old foot on the arm rest in front of him. Now THAT'S gross! This girl resting her feet on an outside chair wouldn't bother me as much.

I live by the beach, which means I see feet all the time, so it doesn't bother me. A thin piece of rubber (flip flop) between the shoe and the foot is not going to make much difference to me. I wouldn't put my feet up on a chair in a restaurant, but this looks like an outside deck in a very, very causal place and dang those shoes look uncomfortable. Birds have pooped on that chair. A couple of feet isn't much different. But then, I probably would never have noticed as my attention would have been focused on my dining partners and my table. You really have to be looking to notice what is happening under a table.

In my honest opinion that's definitely overreacting. At first I didn't even notice anything out of the ordinary in the photo.

I think a better comparison may be at the picnic table on a deck, eating bbq by the pool. Maybe feet propped up on the bench.

If she was at an inside table, ok, maybe bad manners and all that. I just don’t think it’s a big deal in the setting she is in.

Honestly I don’t think I have ever looked around a restraint, inside or out and looked to see if everyone has their shoes on?

That still wouldn't matter to me, as I said I was raised that lounging with your feet up while at the table eating is bad manners. Picnic table, indoor dining table, outdoor table, banquet hall table, 4 posts and plywood, none of them would be seen as an acceptable place to do it.
I don't think I would notice it unless I was sitting with the person, and if I did it isn't like I'd care what others choose to do, unless it was my own kids.

I'm shocked by the lack of people on this posting who weren't taught proper hygiene etiquette.

I don't think the sentence defines what you're trying to say. Lack of people who weren't taught proper hygiene? Isn't that like a double negative or something? Or are you surprised at the amount of people who don't care? Color me confused.

Not gross, but definitely lacking manners. I don’t care if you are at an upscale restaurant, or a McDonalds. Don’t put your feet on the furniture. And certainly do NOT take your shoes off where others are dining.

Bad manners are a reflection of one's upbringing, and it baffles me that so many of you think it’s ok to go out in public, take your shoes off, and put your feet on furniture that is not your own.

Last night we went to a symphony concert at a local university. A pre-teen proceeded to prop her feet on the auditorium seat in front of her once the concert started. Then the mother did it. All stretched out and made themselves comfy. The girl eventually kicked off her sandals and went back to stretching her legs and dangling her bare feet with someone sitting to the side of those feet. I would have said something if I were the woman next to the feet. It was obvious that nobody ever taught them not to put feet up on furniture that isn’t your own, let alone take your shoes off and put them up. Like someone said upthread "This is not your home!"

I suspect as time goes on, humans will seem more feral. Basic manners seem to be a thing of the past and more and more people shrug like it's no big deal.

And don’t even get me started on people blowing their nose or picking their teeth at the dinner table.

We just got off the Wonder and as we were in the beautiful theater one night, waiting for the show to start, some old, gross guy next to me took off his shoes (and he wasn't wearing socks) and proceeded to scrape the bottom of his nasty old foot on the arm rest in front of him.

People are disgusting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter