Is this realistic?

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm definitely a work in progress. lol

I just checked on the runDisney site and it says that the TOT is already 50% full! I didn't realize that it would fill so quickly. :worried: I'm afraid to sign up already! It just seems so early.

Sign up and use it as a motivator. That kind of spend will help get you moving, and give you something really exciting to help you out the door each day.

Also, if you decide to register, tell EVERYONE. It really helps to have that kind of "pressure". You don't want to have to tell anyone that you didn't achieve a goal, so you work hard enough to avoid that.

Well I signed up! That alone is nerve wracking!!! :eek: I am going to hold off on telling my hubby until I've gotten a few more work outs in so he doesn't think I am completely crazy. And I downloaded the c25k podcasts on my phone and will check them out. I have the app but I don't like the music so maybe this will work better. :thumbsup2

Now I need to see if my kids want to do the fun runs. It would be cool to run with them although I would definitely be the slowest of us. lol

Good Luck!!!! I am not a runner but I am trying to get more into it! We have signed for a color run too, and I am considering the 1/2 Wine and Dine, but I am concerned I will bite off more than I can chew.

Good Luck!!!! I am not a runner but I am trying to get more into it! We have signed for a color run too, and I am considering the 1/2 Wine and Dine, but I am concerned I will bite off more than I can chew.

Oh, I am terrified that I won't make it. I've had a knot in my stomach since I clicked the register button. :eek: BUT I figure there is only one way to make that knot go away; TRAIN!

I've been invited to do a color run with a team in the beginning of April. As long as my training begins to go well I will join them. Then I think I will try to get a 10k under my belt before the TOT too. Yikes. Excited and terrified all at once.

Well I signed up! That alone is nerve wracking!!!

Now I need to see if my kids want to do the fun runs. It would be cool to run with them although I would definitely be the slowest of us. lol

If they don't want to run with you, I'll run with you. The only pacing requirement I have is to keep ahead of the balloon ladies!! :rotfl2:

YES!! you can :)

I started running in April 2011 and ran TOT in September. 2 years (and 100lbs later :goodvibes), I'm addicted. It's totally doable.

If they don't want to run with you, I'll run with you. The only pacing requirement I have is to keep ahead of the balloon ladies!! :rotfl2:

I wouldn't ask my kids to run the 10 miles with me, but I'm kind of hoping to get them interested in the 1 mile run. They will be 11 and 13 when we go. I'm kind of hoping to make it a family thing. :) I could definitely use a running partner for the race though! I'm not sure if I will stay in front of the balloon ladies, but I'm going to try!

YES!! you can :)

I started running in April 2011 and ran TOT in September. 2 years (and 100lbs later :goodvibes), I'm addicted. It's totally doable.

This is exactly what I am hoping for! I love the rush I get after I work out and it lasts for hours! I would love to be addicted to something that it GOOD for me for once! lol

Today I did do my workout with Jillian. It was awful! I forgot how awful it was to get started again. :eek: Immediately after I just felt so depressed that I have already accomplished this in the past, but now I have to start over. But I am starting over! I don't want to feel like that again.

I think it is going to be a struggle to adjust my diet to make it work. Doing weight watchers at the same time is going to help me stay accountable, but I need to start eating more in the morning as I had waaaay too many points left at dinner last night.

The plan for the rest of this week is to get back on the treadmill for 30 minutes on Friday morning before work and again on Saturday. I'm not going to start the c25k just yet as I think I need to do a couple of weeks of walking first. And honestly I'd rather not try to do it on a treadmill. I would rather do it outside.

Any opinions on when I should get *real* running shoes? Should I do it already? I'm kind of embarrassed to go into a running store...

Sorry about all the questions. I don't have any runners IRL that I can ask these silly things. Thanks so much everyone for your encouragement and inspiration! :thumbsup2

I've been thinking about adding Jillian to my week as well. I'm kind of scared of that DVD though!

Starting by walking is a great idea! Get comfortable with the 30 min walk and then start adding run portions!

I would probably get fitted for shoes right away. Nothing to be embarrassed about! You wouldn't want to get injured because of poor fitting shoes.

Today I did do my workout with Jillian. It was awful! I forgot how awful it was to get started again. :eek: Immediately after I just felt so depressed that I have already accomplished this in the past, but now I have to start over. But I am starting over! I don't want to feel like that again.

I think it is going to be a struggle to adjust my diet to make it work. Doing weight watchers at the same time is going to help me stay accountable, but I need to start eating more in the morning as I had waaaay too many points left at dinner last night.

The plan for the rest of this week is to get back on the treadmill for 30 minutes on Friday morning before work and again on Saturday. I'm not going to start the c25k just yet as I think I need to do a couple of weeks of walking first. And honestly I'd rather not try to do it on a treadmill. I would rather do it outside.

Any opinions on when I should get *real* running shoes? Should I do it already? I'm kind of embarrassed to go into a running store...

Sorry about all the questions. I don't have any runners IRL that I can ask these silly things. Thanks so much everyone for your encouragement and inspiration! :thumbsup2

First - great job! Another day, another great effort!

Don't feel too bad about how you feel. I am in great shape and just starter P90X again on Monday, and I am in horrible pain. This is a program that I have done many times, but it always hurts when you start over again. That is a good sign. It means that you are doing the work. Do not be afraid of getting sore. You should try to avoid injury, not pain.

As for the shoes - it depends on what you are wearing now. I really don't stress running shoes right out of the gate as long as you are wearing some sort of athletic shoe. If not, go to the store.

I'd get the running shoes ASAP, personally. It makes such a huge difference to get fitted!

Good luck with 30DS. I was using that one a couple of months ago and I think the good thing about it is all of the lunges and squats...good to make your quads/butt strong. It'll help your knees stay healthy when you run. :thumbsup2

I've been thinking about adding Jillian to my week as well. I'm kind of scared of that DVD though!

Starting by walking is a great idea! Get comfortable with the 30 min walk and then start adding run portions!

I would probably get fitted for shoes right away. Nothing to be embarrassed about! You wouldn't want to get injured because of poor fitting shoes.

Jillian is tough! But once it doesn't hurt so bad, I really do enjoy the workout. It is great because it is short and sweet. To me, that means there is no reason why I "don't have time" because I waste more than 20 minutes on Facebook!

First - great job! Another day, another great effort!

Don't feel too bad about how you feel. I am in great shape and just starter P90X again on Monday, and I am in horrible pain. This is a program that I have done many times, but it always hurts when you start over again. That is a good sign. It means that you are doing the work. Do not be afraid of getting sore. You should try to avoid injury, not pain.

As for the shoes - it depends on what you are wearing now. I really don't stress running shoes right out of the gate as long as you are wearing some sort of athletic shoe. If not, go to the store.

Yeah, starting over is no fun. I did decide to get shoes. Mostly because I don't want any excuses down the road... This eliminates the "my shoes hurt my feet and I *can't* afford to get new ones" right off the bat!

I was confused for a second until I realized that you guys were talking about the Jillian Michaels DVDs ... cause my name is Jillian, too. :)

:lmao:

I'd get the running shoes ASAP, personally. It makes such a huge difference to get fitted!

Good luck with 30DS. I was using that one a couple of months ago and I think the good thing about it is all of the lunges and squats...good to make your quads/butt strong. It'll help your knees stay healthy when you run. :thumbsup2

Yeah, I think I'm going to try to do it twice a week for now. It definitely makes my entire body feel better. :)

So I did decide to get fit for running shoes today. I know that my current casual sneakers make my feet hurt if I walk in them all day so I decided not to take the risk. I was really anxious going in but apparently it was all for nothing. :cool1: The guy was awesome! We got talking and I told him that I signed up for the TOT 10 miler and he thought that was awesome! I figured he would think I was crazy. lol Instead he told me that he had a similar story! He was 275 lbs and ran his first 5k in 2010. Since then he has run a ton of races including marathons. I told him I wanted to be like him when I grow up! :rotfl2: Looks like I have motivation all around me. I just have to look for it. :goodvibes

Today I'm a little sore. Mostly just my quads. Not nearly as bad as I thought. The very first time I did the 30 Day Shred I overdid it and had to wait 2 weeks for the pain to subside. :sad2: I'm excited to get on the treadmill tomorrow morning and use my new running shoes though! :goodvibes

As an aside, last night my hubby and I wrestled a 300+ lb pellet stove into the house. Lets just say that it was an interesting experience and one I hope not to repeat! lol I think my arms are sore from that!

So yesterday I downloaded a bunch of music to run and will start W1D1 tomorrow! My goal is to do C25k 3 days a week, 1 day of 30DS and at least 1 day of abs/core work. I'm not sure if I will be ready for the 5k by April 6th but we will see. :thumbsup2

Another question. I've been asked to do a Color Run and it looks like a lot of fun. I will be on Week 6 Day 3 the day of the run. Is that doable? To finish and not be an utter slug? :confused: Or should I wait until I am done with the program?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter