Is this ridiculous?

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
Is it silly to spend over $20 on popcorn? I have a friend with a $20 gift card for Dale and Thomas popcorn, but the least expensive thing on their site would still cost over $20 when you add in shipping and tax. Shipping is $9.95!

What are your opinions?

I posted about this a few weeks ago. DH got $60 in gift cards, but you can only use 1 per order & have to use them onlne...I couldn't justify spending that much $$ on POPCORN, that I didn't need anyway!!! Supposedly it's very good, but it's still just popcorn. I'd save the $$, but that's just me.

I'd use the GC rather than lose the $20 value; however, I would hope that one of the Budget board Dis-ers can provide a free shipping code. That would solve the problem;)

I agree $9.95 shipping is dreadful:scared1:

Did that come out of a dvd? We got one in our copy of Momma Mia. I threw it away even though I was very tempted to use it. I think that is too much to spend on popcorn unless I'm at Garretts in Chicago! Oprah's favorite popcorn!

I think that is too much to spend on popcorn unless I'm at Garretts in Chicago! Oprah's favorite popcorn!

The funny thing is that Dale & Thomas was Oprah's favorite a couple of years back during her Favorite Things show. That's when I tried it for the first time.

I'd probably hang onto the GC until I could combine it with a discount or free shipping code. It's good popcorn but I wouldn't spend an additional $20 for it.

I curious as to where she got the GC. The smallest denomination sold on the website is $30 ...enough to pay for the least expensive item w/o shipping.

Wait, wait, wait. Oprah has a favorite popcorn? What the heck makes popcorn so much better than another? Wierd.:confused3

Hi Beth,
I've had Dale and Thomas popcorn, it isn't any better than any other premium popcorn and I would not spend that kind of money on it again. I couldn't understand what was so great about popcorn that could make it so expensive, so I gave it a try, totally not worth that much money! FOr the chocolate caramel--take a box of cracker jacks and drizzle some melted chocolate on it! For the cheddar get smart popcorn cheddar flavor and again it tastes just as good. Really it is popcorn, with a little extra but not $20 plus shipping extra!Save your money, the only time I get it now is when you get the try 4 bags for the price of shipping (9.95)and I have concluded that that is also about $2.00 too much per bag!
Salvatrice

Hi Beth,
I've had Dale and Thomas popcorn, it isn't any better than any other premium popcorn and I would not spend that kind of money on it again. I couldn't understand what was so great about popcorn that could make it so expensive, so I gave it a try, totally not worth that much money! FOr the chocolate caramel--take a box of cracker jacks and drizzle some melted chocolate on it! For the cheddar get smart popcorn cheddar flavor and again it tastes just as good. Really it is popcorn, with a little extra but not $20 plus shipping extra!Save your money, the only time I get it now is when you get the try 4 bags for the price of shipping (9.95)and I have concluded that that is also about $2.00 too much per bag!
Salvatrice

I have to agree with this. I tried D&T when they were running a free sample for shipping to see why all the rave reviews, and I found that I prefer the popcorn I can get in the store. A lot of people love it, so maybe hang on to the gc until they're running a special or something.

I too do not understand the thrill with this stuff. Granted, I do not really like popcorn in general, but find this to be sickly sweet and sticky. I have had popcorn from both Garrett's and Dale and Thomas in Manhattan, and Garrett's is far better.

You can just do a search for free shipping codes for D & T. It's good popcorn but I don't order it. That shipping charge is crazy!

I've tried it and it's not worth the $.
I was expecting something fabulous since Oprah endorsed it. It was good but not fabulous.
Save your money and just buy some gourmet popcorn locally if you've got a craving.

Hey, I will use it if anyone wants to pass along your coupon/codes! We love the stuff.

Dawn

I love their popcorn BUT...............to be spending $10-$20- or $30 on POPCORN??!! NO...not worth it! I make really good gooey (Grandmas recipe type) carmel popcorn at a fraction of the price. It's still just popcorn. :confused3

I have a $20 gift card code that I posted to give away and got no replies. It expires tonight before midnight, so if anyone wants it, send me a PM pronto. There's still over 2 hours to go here before the day is over.

Is it silly to spend over $20 on popcorn? I have a friend with a $20 gift card for Dale and Thomas popcorn, but the least expensive thing on their site would still cost over $20 when you add in shipping and tax. Shipping is $9.95!

What are your opinions?

I ordered from them last year and was not happy at all. Actually tasted stale to us and we threw it out. No better than the Scout popcorn we buy to "help" support scouting.
Personally I find the packages at Bjs/Costco better and love to pop it in the hotair machine once in a while too!

Well, seeing that I bought over $80.00 worth of popcorn from my Boy Scout earlier this year....I'd have to say, "No" it's not ridiculous. :lmao:

We got a few samplers last year before the Holidays (when they had free shipping and I had some gift cards)....we bundled it up with other things and made movie baskets...etc for Christmas gifts. It's good popcorn, we LOVE the peanut butter white chocolate, but it's definitely not worth 20.00-30.00. I can make my own from peanut butter chips and white chocolate drizzled on microwaved kettle corn and I like it just as much.

Yes, it's worth it. My $50 case is under my Xmas tree. :) Thanks to a kind DIS board member last week, I used her $20 gift card and ordered it for myself for the holidays for $30. To me, it's worth every penny. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter