Is this true??

tnkrbell

DIS Veteran
Just heard that Universal is giving a free hotel room with a 50.00 addmission?? Is this true?? It was on Abc?? Anyone hve any info??

Yet again what if you've already bought tickets and expensive rooms?!! I paid for 2 deluxe poolview rooms and was promised a free upgrade. Wonder if I could get a reduction on my rooms instead?!! What do you think? Anyone tried?

Originally posted by Barry Hom
Anyone else know more?

I just called Loews tonight & they didn't know anything about it, but i managed to change my Sunday night at HRH that was originally booked at $149.00 to Sat. & Sun. at PBH (Bay view) for $129.00 a night. I'm going to keep calling about that $50.00 rate!!! It would be pretty irresponsible for NBC to broadcast that rate if it wasn't true!

hey where did you get that 129 rate i called loews yesterday and the best they had for dec. was 204 for a garden view.....could you tell me the phone number you called....

thanx

Originally posted by oelpa
hey where did you get that 129 rate i called loews yesterday and the best they had for dec. was 204 for a garden view.....could you tell me the phone number you called....
thanx

I called the Loews #1-800-LOEWS-11, It's a Florida residents rate for Oct. 6 & 7. Maybe they haven't gotten to discount dec. yet. Also try travelscape I saw some rates under $200. for PBH & HRH on there.

I saw/heard this on NBC last night as well. If it's true, it will get my economy started:)

Please keep us informed.

Thank you.

anyone else hear this? Im glad I wasnt the only one!! I thought maybe I was a bit crazy!!

tnkrbell--

There's another thread about this...

Apparently it's a deal for Florida residents.

I should have remembered, "If it sounds too good to be true..." :)

I just called the Loew number and the $99 special is being offered
to florida, georida, mississippi, alabama and some other states. But not for Tennessee. So if you are in these states call back

Great thread!! I just called and got my Oct 12th and 13th ressies at HRH changed from 143.50 AP rate to $99 Florida resident rate. At Potofino Bay they also had bayview rooms for $129 or deluxe rooms for $159 with the FL resident rate!!

Jim

Has anyone else heard they were extending the "Florida Residents Special" to other states? I just got off the phone with Universal Vacations and they said it is still only for Florida residents. It sure would be nice of them to include us Georgians in this deal. That would motivate me enough to go down this year. I did notice they added Portofino Bay to this special. Yesterday it was for the Hard Rock only.

Richard

I talked to some guy and he told me that it was for other states. Did you call using the Loew number ?

Ok This is the deal. I just called back and the $99 deal " if a room is available for Hard RocK Hotel or Portofino Bay at the 99 dollar rate" you get a VIP pass at the front desk when you check in, but not a ticket to Universal. It is for 2 nights. The VIP pass lets you get to the front of the line. It is for Georgians.

Someone let me know if it includes Kansas. I'd like to get my roomrates down a bit since I have 2! Thanks!

Thanks guys!

I swear you just about have to BEAT this rate out of the reservation agents!

I got a guy who kept quoting me the Florida rates. I wanted GEORGIA. Finally he told me about the 99 rate. I needed it for January. He huffed and he puffed then he finally relented.

I guess they're reaching out to the drive from states, which we are one, thank goodness. Wooo HOOOO!:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter