Is Tokyo Disney merch available at Japan Pavilion?

BingandNelsonFan

Mouseketeer
Planning our trip to World Showcase and have noticed that the France and UK pavilions seem to be offering a limited amount of DLP and DSUK merch in the shops. Does anyone know if there is any Tokyo Disney merch available at the shop in Japan Pavilion? Actually, any Shanghai Disney merch in the China pavilion? Anything in EPCOT that features Duffy and Friends?

There isn't any Tokyo Disney merch in the Japan pavillion. That is probably due to the fact that Tokyo Disneyland is not owned by Disney and is its own thing.

I usually get TDR merch from ebay though it is marked up and shipping prices can be quite high.

Thanks, everyone! This helps us, because while we want to look around at the outside of the Japanese Pavilion, we don't really feel the need to go into the store (wanting to save time for other "musts" on the list) . . . unless TDR items would be in there.

Anyone know if there is any Shanghai Disney merch in the Chinese pavilion?

Not in the Japan pavilion unfortunately HOWEVER there is a small selection of Duffy and friends merchandise from Aulani in the gift shop at the Polynesian

Thanks for that! We were just down in March, and I was SO thrilled to see the 'Olu items. Definitely planning on checking it out again in January. Wish they would bring in some more of the Duffy Friends from Aulani. :)

Thanks, everyone! This helps us, because while we want to look around at the outside of the Japanese Pavilion, we don't really feel the need to go into the store (wanting to save time for other "musts" on the list) . . . unless TDR items would be in there.

Thanks for that! We were just down in March, and I was SO thrilled to see the 'Olu items. Definitely planning on checking it out again in January. Wish they would bring in some more of the Duffy Friends from Aulani. :)
In late 2020/early 2021 they had key chain plush of some of the other characters (got Stella lou & geletoni)
In April I got stickers that had everyone but Lena Belle and there were photo frames and other stationary items with groups

I thought the store at Japan was operated by Mitsukoshi? That might be why not but it should be noted that much of what you can buy at Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disneysea is not even sold outside of the parks even. And not even at the other park. You are able to buy through some personal shoppers at least. The Hong Kong merch can be found at HKG Airport which is nice at least if you miss something in the park. In Tokyo, you are out of luck without going back into the park. The Tokyo Disney store has a few things only sold there. At least when I visited in April at the Shibuya store.

[Will add that we bought Duffy items at HKG Airport and wanted to buy Duffy items from Tokyo Disneysea but they are not sold outside the park at all. Got a few of the spring plush and a bigger Olu with a free outfit as part of a promo at the HKG Airport disney store.]

Last edited:
I thought the store at Japan was operated by Mitsukoshi?

That's been my understanding--that it's an American outpost, one might term it, of the international Mitsukoshi department stores.

We've shopped there on almost every trip for Japanese snacks, tea, dinnerware, chopsticks, figures of manga and anime characters and toys, among other characteristically Japanese products.

It's a lovely store. Great fun browsing if you enjoy Japanese culture.

There used to be some Shanghai Disney merch in the back of the store (the end close to the China movie exit) but I didn't see any when I was there last week.

That's been my understanding--that it's an American outpost, one might term it, of the international Mitsukoshi department stores.

We've shopped there on almost every trip for Japanese snacks, tea, dinnerware, chopsticks, figures of manga and anime characters and toys, among other characteristically Japanese products.

It's a lovely store. Great fun browsing if you enjoy Japanese culture.
I am not much of a shopper in general, but I go into Mitsukoshi every time I'm in Epcot, and never leave empty handed lol! I LOVE that store! =)

I thought the store at Japan was operated by Mitsukoshi? That might be why not but it should be noted that much of what you can buy at Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disneysea is not even sold outside of the parks even. And not even at the other park. You are able to buy through some personal shoppers at least. The Hong Kong merch can be found at HKG Airport which is nice at least if you miss something in the park. In Tokyo, you are out of luck without going back into the park. The Tokyo Disney store has a few things only sold there. At least when I visited in April at the Shibuya store.

[Will add that we bought Duffy items at HKG Airport and wanted to buy Duffy items from Tokyo Disneysea but they are not sold outside the park at all. Got a few of the spring plush and a bigger Olu with a free outfit as part of a promo at the HKG Airport disney store.]
Is Tokyo Disneyland worth it? My wife is dying to go to Singapore so we thought we might hit there and Japan and the Tokyo resort.

It is unbelievably worth it! And about 1/2 the price of WDW.
That's so great to know. We both have a hard time justifying the prices of the American parks (my wife has said on more than one occasion that she could go to almost any country in World Showcase for less than the price to actually go to the pavilion in WDW and I believe her).

There really isn’t much TDR merchandise at TDR. Lots of character stuff but I couldn’t find anything I wanted when I was there in 2014 or 2016.
I was really hoping some of the Duffy and Friends merch from DisneySea would be there. Really wishing for some of the plush, but I'd like to have the real Japanese versions. Buying plush online is just not quite the same. :)

Is Tokyo Disneyland worth it? My wife is dying to go to Singapore so we thought we might hit there and Japan and the Tokyo resort.

It's arguably the best Disney park in the world (from people who have experienced others) so yes it is worth it.

I recall seeing a tiny selection of Shanghai Disney merch in the Chinese pavilion a few years ago, but don't remember it being at all impressive (think it was maybe some pins perhaps).

But the Mitsukoshi store in the Japan pavilion is a pretty awesome place to browse through and it's probably worth just walking at least a round through it to have a look and enjoy the air conditioning! They also have a very good selection of Japanese snacks right at the back which is fun to look at. (I love Japanese snacks, and Mitsukoshi has quite a few of the snacks I like!)

There really isn’t much TDR merchandise at TDR. Lots of character stuff but I couldn’t find anything I wanted when I was there in 2014 or 2016.
I'd agree with this... I went to TDR in 2015 and spent 4 days there including a decent amount of time in the gift shops and what I remember of the merch was that a lot of it was food-based gifts (for omiyage) with a lot of Duffy and friends stuff in DisneySea (which I might have bought a decent amount of). I remember thinking that the selection of merch felt very different to what I'd see in WDW (which I'd been to earlier in 2015).

This was a while back so may have changed though!

Yes. It was fantastic, I loved TDR.

Japan is a good stopover point for flying between Singapore and the USA - I'm actually transiting through Tokyo on my way from Singapore to WDW later this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter