Is Topolino's breakfast really worth it?

tetera

Mouseketeer
I have seen so many glowing reviews for Topolino's Terrace - we have reservations to take the kids there for Breakfast this summer, but I have to ask if it is really worth it?

We aren't fancy folks and Topolino's is honestly never the type of place we would consider for dinner, but we do like doing character breakfasts and also have reservations for 'Ohana and Chef Mickey's - (we have done these both before but it was pre-pandemic).

If you have done Topolino's breakfast and loved it - what made it so great/special? Has anyone gone there for breakfast and NOT been wowed?

(And if you have any alternative suggestions for resort-based character meals, I'm all ears!)

Like all restaurants there is a price for the food, how the food is prepared, ambiance, entertainment, service and more. If Bacon and eggs on a roll is fine go to a CS, if unlimited bacon and eggs a buffet, being served many options. Better service, entertainment better prepared a place like Topolino will be a good choice. Wowed is relative to accepting and being happy with the price for all aspects.

We loved breakfast there. We don’t do a lot of character meals anymore but we really enjoyed this one. It was the first one we’ve been to where we didn’t feel rushed at all. I would definitely go again.

Chef Mickeys was a one and done for us. The food quality wasn’t there and it was down right chaoti.

It does get good reviews, but note that for a long time they would allow people to order more than one breakfast entree, but they are not allowing this anymore. I wonder if the ability to order multiple plated breakfasts contributed to the glowing reviews. I would keep an eye on new reviews. I have not eaten there yet, but we have reservations for our last morning. The setting looks to be very nice and the characters are cute.

The food there is quite good for a character meal breakfast. We have done it many times. Most recently was in December when they were “transitioning” to single entree options. They did still allow us to get the half-serving option for the waffle or fruit, but it was significantly less than in the past. I have heard even that went away. Unfortunately my daughter loves the quiche, but won’t eat the potatoes or the “field greens”. She used to eat fruit and yogurt with it. That is no longer an option. Our trip this time we are skipping it. I’m not paying that price if she won’t be allowed to swap out sides or whatever. There are other options that we’d rather have. It’ll be our first trip since they opened that we didn’t go there. Considering we are going with another family (her best friend) and we’re doing a lot of character meals… I just don’t think it is worth it.

I would easily choose Toppolino's character breakfast over Chef Mickey's. The food quality was better. However, it's a matter of preference. Do you want the buffet? What environment do you like (monorail view or Riviera)...

We liked our time at Toppolino's. I also liked my time at Chef Mickey's but more when my kids were closer to babies.

I've never been to Toppolins's but would say a good alternative that is similar to Chef Mickey's is Cape May. We like the food options and felt like the food was better quality than Chef Mickey's . I also love the characters in the beach outfits.

Love Topolinos, we have done the character breakfast 3 times in the last 1 1/2 years. It’s my favorite character meal along with Storybook (though the Bon Voyage breakfast was also great and I hope it returns).Yes they got rid of ordering a half entree on our last meal in Feb, but it is still more than enough food for us (we order the steak). They will give your multiple pastry baskets and juice/coffee refills which is also helps fill us up. We skip lunch after eating there.

I have been to Topolino's breakfast three times just this year and it's, hands-down, the best character meal on property. The food is far, far superior than anything you will get at a character buffet or family-style meal and the characters go all out. Unlike other character meals, I feel like the staff in Topolino's kitchen actually cares about the taste, quality and presentation of the food they are preparing at this restaurant. Topolino's dinner is outstanding and the atmosphere is a bit more sophisticated in the evenings, but during the day, while the restaurant is gorgeous, it doesn't have a "fancy" vibe. Riviera is also such a beautiful resort to visit. I'm really not sure what the fuss is with the elimination of the second "entree" (which was just a side). The portions are huge and, when asked, our server still brought us a side of fruit with our meals in late April. The pastries are also, IMHO, the absolute best on property. I have never left there hungry.

We are going to be there at Topolino's this coming Sunday for the first time. Looking forward to it! We've eaten at Cape May breakfast buffet and really liked that experience with the characters. Will be good to contrast the two, I'll report back.

I think the food is better than Chef Mickeys honestly. All character meals are expensive.

I thought the character interactions were good as well. We went there twice and I enjoyed it both times and so did my daughter.

We are trying cape May cafe the next time we go, which is another character breakfast. My husband just said that he never wants to go to chef mickeys again after the 1 time that we went. We are also trying Ohana. So I can’t say how those compare

I don’t know if any other character breakfasts at resorts that are running right now

Our trip this time we are skipping it. I’m not paying that price if she won’t be allowed to swap out sides or whatever.
I was able to swap out a side when I went end of February after the change over. I switched out the bacon/potatoes for fruit with no issue.

We did breakfast there last summer, the food was good and the character interactions were fabulous- both with us and some of the younger kids at tables around us. I liked that it wasn't a buffet where you were trying to time up getting food, etc, and also each person could order what they wanted. The view from the balcony while we were waiting for our table was also lovely- it was hot out so we didn't stay out there the whole time but did get some fun pics with the parks in the background. We probably would be doing it again this summer if Garden Grill hadn't opened back up, but we decided to try something new. :-)

I hadn’t been to a character meal in years; I typically dislike them. On my last trip, at the last minute I did a walk-up at Topolino’s because of the good food reviews. The food was delicious (I had the quiche), the restaurant was beautiful, the service was good, and the characters were a lot of fun.

We just had our first breakfast at Topolino's earlier this month. The food was good but nothing we would especially want to go back and eat again. The restaurant is beautiful: open, airy, and a gorgeous deck out back where you can see three of the theme parks. We went to see the "rare" characters: Mickey as a painter, Donald as a sculptor, Minnie as a poet, and Daisy as a dancer. The characters did a great job; our server much less so. All in all we're glad we went but we're not in a hurry to head back now that we've seen it once. Depending on which characters your family would like to see, in the past year we've enjoyed the character meals at the Poly (Lilo and Stitch), the Garden Grill (Chip and Dale), and Cinderella's Royal Table much more.

I am not sure how much my input will be here considering I did Topolino's for the special New Years breakfast they had for New Years Day 2020 in the before times.

I had a wonderful server, good tables on either side of me and the characters were some of the best I've had. I am going back in August. Hopefully it is just as ncie.

My son doesn't really like characters (usually scared) and this was the only place he actually interacted with the characters due to how wonderful the character interactions are. I got a great picture of him smiling and playing peek-a-boo with Mickey. The only picture of him looking happy with a character for the whole trip. We are definitely going back!

We loved Topolino for breakfast and we plan on returning on our next trip.

Yes it is expensive and can also be a bit of a waste food-wise if you have little kids. My youngest was younger than 3 on our last trip, so technically could have just eaten off our plates, but I knew he was going to need a bit more than just bread. I knew they did away with the free additional sides awhile ago but I asked anyway, in hopes that we could *PAY* for a side of eggs or an extra mickey waffle for him. We were told no, which was basically what I expected. So we wound up paying the full price for a kids' entree for him, and he ate maybe 25% of it as I knew he would. It was fine, but I do feel like it's a bit stringent for a restaurant that caters to families with little ones.

That said, the food there was honestly wonderful and you're paying for EXPERIENCE in addition to the food. As far as the experience, we thought it was fantastic. Character interactions were great, the restaurant itself is very pretty and the view is beautiful.

Just know what your'e getting going in and decide whether it's a good value for you. It's fast, which you might see as a good or bad thing. I know some people like to hang around at character meals for multiple character interactions, but this didn't really feel possible for us. They have everything timed really well where you eat and meet the characters and will be out of there in probably 40 minutes. For us, we were happy with things being fairly fast paced. We have little kids who aren't going to sit still for 2 hours anyway and we had other things planned for that day, so we were glad to get in and get out.

We are trying it for the first time this summer. Staying at BC and considered Cape May, but Mickey is a must have. Plus, my younger son is an artist and I think he would love to see Artist Mickey. Plus, it gives us an excuse to check out Riviera.

I also have Garden Grill booked, and we did that last trip and loved it, BUT really hated walking through Epcot from BC in the late morning July heat. We can just drive over to Riviera in our rental car and not have to deal with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter