Is Toy Story Land underperforming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pandora is going to become less and less popular. It was hyped and is not living to expectations. The same will happen with the Star Wars attraction. Star Wars has lost the mojo of the original and will never be the same.
Navi is still commanding hour plus waits all day, and it's nothing to write home about. I'm sure sooner or later the newness will wear off Pandora, but I think it'll stay very popular for a very long time.

Star Wars land is so hyped, I don't see how there is anyway it'll live up to expectations. But there is no way it won't do as well as Pandora, which has done quite well.

Pandora is going to become less and less popular. It was hyped and is not living to expectations. The same will happen with the Star Wars attraction. Star Wars has lost the mojo of the original and will never be the same.
I’m sure exit polls and fan rankings will disagree with you. Especially with “meeting expectations.” I’m pretty sure most people’s expectations were “ew not avatar but I want to see how this turns out.” I can speak for myself that was mine and pandora blew me away like no theme park land had done before, not even hogsmede from this casual Potter fan measured up to how overwhelmed with joy I felt after it, and that’s the closest I have felt! Unfortunately the most swept off my feet hogsmede was for me was my third visit there first one was a month after it opened second was a school trip the third I actually got to experience it. Not the point though

The fact the Slinky DOg ride is under 2 minutes is not appealing to some people.

Most coasters are not super long. SDD is s fun coaster for the family. How long is RNRC? 7DMT? And I think SDD is just over 2 minutes...although I could be wrong. But it's close to 2 for sure.

Star Wars has never lost any mojo. It has collected fans from 3 generations. Each generation thinks their SW is the best, but it is definitely not losing fans.

Pandora is still slammed with people. The "I hate the movie no need to see the land" people are won over as soon as they see the land or ride FoP. Which is still easily one of the best attractions not only in WDW but in most any theme/amusement park anywhere.

Also, the 2 of the best meals we have had so far came from Woodys. It seems they fixed the potato barrels as we've had them 2 different days and they were definitely crunchy. The theming is really spot on. The only real problem is lack of shade and airflow.

Just back. Overall I was surprised at how low the lines were in the summer for most rides (except 7DMT). Even FOP never seemed to get much over 2 hour posted times when we were there.

As for TSL, there’s no real shade (except the TSM line). The ceiling fans in AS2 are useless (and we only waited 40 minutes after sundown. I can’t imagine how hot that line is in the hot summer sun/humidity).

I’m not sure you can use the first few weeks to say it’s underperforming. It just didn’t seem crowded anywhere compared to our past summer trips.

Uh no. There are two new Avatar movies coming out.

Thank you for not giving a date only because let’s be real they’ll probably be pushed back yet again
Not too much further. The film kept getting pushed because it didn't have a script, but Avatar 2&3 are both currently in active production. They've filmed quite a bit already.

Personally, having visited opening week...I think TSL is working as intended. It was never meant to be a headliner(regardless the marketing hype machine). It was meant to add more things to do in a park that had a desperate need for it. Next year when SWL opens, TSL and MMR will be crowd sponges in a park that has no where to put crowds.

Have you been to the land?
Pandora is the reason expectations are so high for SWL. They set the bar with that land and FoP, and while I know some people don't like FoP the other 99% that have ridden it agree it is by far one of the best if not the best attraction.

Not too much further. The film kept getting pushed because it didn't have a script, but Avatar 2&3 are both currently in active production. They've filmed quite a bit already.
I actually haven’t followed, let alone heard. Cool though!

I’m sure exit polls and fan rankings will disagree with you. Especially with “meeting expectations.” I’m pretty sure most people’s expectations were “ew not avatar but I want to see how this turns out.” I can speak for myself that was mine and pandora blew me away like no theme park land had done before, not even hogsmede from this casual Potter fan measured up to how overwhelmed with joy I felt after it, and that’s the closest I have felt! Unfortunately the most swept off my feet hogsmede was for me was my third visit there first one was a month after it opened second was a school trip the third I actually got to experience it. Not the point though

I was underwhelmed by Pandora. I just was...like...meh.

It is more than a bit early to be passing judgement on this, I do know looking for my early access fast passes for an on property stay that I found no availability on Sdd for a party of four, just a few solos so somebody is planning to jump on those lines.

Having just been there, found TSL surprisingly not as crowded as Pandora was last summer. SDD (the premier attraction) is often under an hour. I think part of the reason could be that this is just the beginning phases of a "redo" for the park--versus Pandora "completing" a park? There is still more to see and do in AK than DHS right now--keep in mind with GMR closing, we really only netted 1 additional ride in the park. Having said that, we found TSL delightful and really enjoyed all of the attractions. It feels larger than Pandora, even though it isn't. We felt Pandora was still "where its at" when we were there just a week ago. Even the river journey is still commanding over an hour wait time easily. AK also feels so packed and crowded--much like MK--where DHS just feels spacious and uncrowded, more like Epcot.

I think TSL lack of draw has 2 obstacles right now--just not as many people coming to DHS (and you REALLY feel the crowds being gone in Epcot too) but also everything in TSL is an outdoor que--and this just brutal in Orlando in July! I think many give up on being over there due to the heat. We fully planned to eat at Woody's lunchbox as most of us can attest food in DHS has always been lacking compared to other parks--but the heat did us in. They really should have made some AC seating available. When its raining or hot TSL just has a lot of drawbacks. We only found it bearable to tour at night, and we'd already eaten dinner at that time.

IMO the only disappointment of TSL from what was announced and expected is the new que to Mania...what was once a lovely indoor que is now about 50% outdoor que (uggh!). We also felt the new que was cheapened and something we'd get at a 6 Flags park versus Disney/Universal level. I also think they should have had a play area in the new land--similar to the one like "Honey I shrunk the kids" or "Boneyard". Other than this, it was tastefully done and just precious...and we'd love to see Pizza Planet brought back:-).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter