Island Grocery Service?

sharpyling

Earning My Ears
We have our first trip planned to Aulani in 3 weeks and we are super excited! We will be traveling with our 4-year old and 18-month old, and have a one-bedroom booked. We are planning to make good use of the kitchen and want to stock up on groceries. We aren't planning on renting a car since we don't plan on leaving the resort, and with the rental fee + parking and/or additional fee for Alamo drop-off, it just didn't seem to make sense to rent a car just to do our grocery shopping. So I was wondering if anyone has used Island Grocery Service (https://www.islandgroceryservice.com/)? They deliver to Aulani and seem to be a good compromise. We will easily hit the $75 order minimum and although the $25 service fee is steep, it still seems cheaper and easier than renting a car. Plus we won't have to lug all the groceries to our room! Any previous experience with them or any other suggestions would be appreciated!

I thought about it until I saw this:

PLEASE NOTE: For all deliveries outside of Waikiki (96815 zip code) the following rates will apply in addition to our standard delivery and stocking fee of $27.50. The amount will be added to your credit card when we process your order.

Ko Olina
$40.00

And I figured I would want to browse at the stores anyway! I plan to Uber or grab a cab to Safeway.

So the delivery fee would be $67.50? Yikes! You'd be better off renting a car for the day and make full use of it by doing some sight seeing of the island.

Or

Have you booked a shuttle to/from Aulani? If you haven't, maybe rent a car from Alamo at the airport, do your shopping, then drop off the car at the Alamo rental at Aulani that evening. Then book a shuttle for your return flight.

I don't know what the price for a day's rental is but thought I'd throw out two other options for you.

We have used this service and they charge us the $25 fee, not $40.

They are the official grocery service that partners with Aulani. They are able to get items not listed on their website - you just have to call. The service coordinates with bell services and makes sure that your order is delivered and put away before you arrive.

We have used this service and they charge us the $25 fee, not $40.

They are the official grocery service that partners with Aulani. They are able to get items not listed on their website - you just have to call. The service coordinates with bell services and makes sure that your order is delivered and put away before you arrive.

Thank you for posting this! I totally wanted to do this but the extra $40 fee turned me away. I guess I'll call and see!! Excited now.

I just emailed the company and they confirmed that the delivery fee to Aulani is $67.50! Not sure how you got so lucky Regan! In any event, that's too expensive for us so I think we're going to just make several trips to the grocery store across the street and will rent a car onsite if we find that it's necessary.

Wow. I placed 4 separate orders and was only charged $25 on each. Still, the convenience of not having to grocery shop on vacation is worth it for us.

We are going April 30th and used them for this trip...ordered online and were charged $25 for each order.

Interesting... if they haven't charged your credit card yet, you may want to call them to double check. Based on what Crystal1313 posted above, it seems that they may charge the additional $40 when they process your credit card for the order and it may not necessarily show up when you place the order.

Interesting... if they haven't charged your credit card yet, you may want to call them to double check. Based on what Crystal1313 posted above, it seems that they may charge the additional $40 when they process your credit card for the order and it may not necessarily show up when you place the order.

No they've already charged my card and emailed me the paid receipts. It was $25 for each order.

Not sure how long you're going for, but we stay for at least two weeks (but we own at the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club next door). We always have a rental car the whole time, so we can go into Kapolei for lunch and we tend to run to Target, Costco, or Walmart several times!

It's fun to go to Target, since there are lots of things that aren't available here! Costco is great too. Plus, they both sell liquor. Big plus! Drinks are expensive, and we like to take beer or wine (not in glass) down to the pool all the time (we have a cute little softsided cooler I got a few years ago at the Walmart in Kapolei). We also grill for lunch or dinner a lot, and can get good meat & fish at Costco (and sashimi too).

If we do a big run, the bellmen will load up our stuff onto a cart (and they have huge storage bins too) and will bring it up for us. I'm sure Aulani has that too.

Next year I'm going for 4 weeks - can't wait! Two in the studio and two in the one bedroom (first two weeks it's just me and DD). Since the studio has limited fridge space, I know we'll go to Target several times then Costco when we go to the full one bedroom.

If you're not comfortable driving, one of you can take a taxi to one of those stores (I personally am not super fond of Safeway's prices but there is one there too). It would be less time than constantly going over to the ABC market across the street, plus then you'll have to carry your purchases back without a car.

I usually find good deals renting at HNL - matter of fact when we lived on Oahu the first two years we only had one car, so if we had friends or family come visit, we'd rent a car at the airport to have another car.

Not sure how long you're going for, but we stay for at least two weeks (but we own at the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club next door). We always have a rental car the whole time, so we can go into Kapolei for lunch and we tend to run to Target, Costco, or Walmart several times!

It's fun to go to Target, since there are lots of things that aren't available here! Costco is great too. Plus, they both sell liquor. Big plus! Drinks are expensive, and we like to take beer or wine (not in glass) down to the pool all the time (we have a cute little softsided cooler I got a few years ago at the Walmart in Kapolei). We also grill for lunch or dinner a lot, and can get good meat & fish at Costco (and sashimi too).

If we do a big run, the bellmen will load up our stuff onto a cart (and they have huge storage bins too) and will bring it up for us. I'm sure Aulani has that too.

Next year I'm going for 4 weeks - can't wait! Two in the studio and two in the one bedroom (first two weeks it's just me and DD). Since the studio has limited fridge space, I know we'll go to Target several times then Costco when we go to the full one bedroom.

If you're not comfortable driving, one of you can take a taxi to one of those stores (I personally am not super fond of Safeway's prices but there is one there too). It would be less time than constantly going over to the ABC market across the street, plus then you'll have to carry your purchases back without a car.

I usually find good deals renting at HNL - matter of fact when we lived on Oahu the first two years we only had one car, so if we had friends or family come visit, we'd rent a car at the airport to have another car.
Is the ABC store right across the street and is it like a 7/11 convenient store?
Thanks-Elizabeth

Yes, but larger at least compared to the 7/11 stores around here. Lots of souvenirs in addition to basic foodstuffs, beach needs, etc..

Is the ABC store right across the street and is it like a 7/11 convenient store?
Thanks-Elizabeth
Much more up scale in my opinion, compared to any 7/11 I have been in. I think you can find pretty much anything you need at ABC. If you are taking a double stroller you could load that up and either carry the baby or have the 4 year old walk. Having to carry items like a gallon of milk or a case of water back to the resort would be less than pleasant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter