Issues w/ website this AM

Anyone else want the old IT department that they fired a while ago to be re-hired?? Seems to me that the website has been problematic ever since the change.

Didn’t they get rid of the employees and fill the positions with less expensive outsourced or H1 B visa employees? Kind of gets me going honestly. I wish they would H1 B Iger.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...-forced-to-train-their-own-h-1b-replacements/
Yeah but in order for Disney to get the H1-B visas they need to prove that they are paying them the same as a US citizen/resident for the position (either what they were paying or what the prevailing wage in the area, whichever is greater), typically you even have to prove that a US citizen/resident can't fill the position before it is offered to the foreigner. So I would suspect something more is happening, which as Disney fully admits is moving the jobs to India. However, as for the H1-B visas it really isn't those people are cheaper, as necessary condition.

https://www.dol.gov/whd/immigration/h1b.htm

Mine went through but would only show availability for 5 resorts. Glad it wasn't just me.

Yeah but in order for Disney to get the H1-B visas they need to prove that they are paying them the same as a US citizen/resident for the position (either what they were paying or what the prevailing wage in the area, whichever is greater), typically you even have to prove that a US citizen/resident can't fill the position before it is offered to the foreigner. So I would suspect something more is happening, which as Disney fully admits is moving the jobs to India. However, as for the H1-B visas it really isn't those people are cheaper, as necessary condition.

https://www.dol.gov/whd/immigration/h1b.htm

In theory that is how H1B should, and in some cases does, work, but it seems evident to me that there is some abuse in the H1B visa program and that a lot of people are being replaced or pushed out by H1B visa recipients in a variety of ways including general wage depression. This is not only happening in the tech sector.

In theory that is how H1B should, and in some cases does, work, but it seems evident to me that there is some abuse in the H1B visa program and that a lot of people are being replaced or pushed out by H1B visa recipients in a variety of ways including general wage depression. This is not only happening in the tech sector.
My experience has been pretty consistent with the rule, the H1B visa application process is generally fairly applied (and any breakage is really an exception not the rule), IMO. Also the current environment is less friendly to H1B visa applicants so I would assume currently it is skewed in the other direction.

As a high technical field I have gone up against many H1B applicants for the same job. Typically I was given the job offer over them (many of who were PhD students with me) simply because of the requirements of the program. A few of the jobs I turned down at which point friends were able to be offered the job per the requirements.

I am in Paris and have been able to get in until yesterday the 18th. I cannot even get to the login page. I also tried other browsers, rebooted, and cleared my cache. Nothing! Is anyone else having trouble?

I sign in and it knocks me out again...just did it three times. IT is always an issue on ANY Disney websites from what I've experienced. I wasn't able to get past the August calendar the other day for Mid-Day tix...I still don't have all the details on that offer...it should be embarrassing for a company like Disney but apparently they don't care.

Want to report that after 3 1/2 weeks, I can login. Received two separate calls from Disney to let me know everything should be fine and it is.

Want to report that after 3 1/2 weeks, I can login. Received two separate calls from Disney to let me know everything should be fine and it is.
Happy news! Did they tell you what the problem was / what they fixed?

Happy news! Did they tell you what the problem was / what they fixed?

Just said that everything should be fine now, nothing more. And it is. Although during my earlier phone calls, they said it had something to do with my numerous contracts and membership #'s.

I log in and it kicks me out repeatedly. I haven't been able to get on today either. So frustrating...

Well today neither the DVC or the Disney website itself is working. Can't get into the DVC because of maintenance and just now I'm getting a message that Log-in is not available on the Disney site itself. Disney never fails to amaze me just how crappy their IT department is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter