Issues with hold on credit card for room charges

KateP85

DIS Veteran
We stayed at POFQ this past week, checking out on Friday. When we checked in we put a credit card on the room and were told that there would be a $100 hold put on the room, and then once that $100 was reached with room charges, another $100 hold would be put on and so forth - we knew about this and it wasn't a problem. When they first tried to put the $100 hold on the card they said it was declined so they tried again and this time it was accepted - I noticed that evening that there were now two $100 holds on my card, but I figured one would drop off.

I kept track of what we were charging to the room and on Friday we had charged just over $400 to the room. When we checked out there were $600 worth of holds on my credit card (one for every $100 we spent plus that extra one) - again, I figured that extra one would drop off and the remainder of the last $100 would be refunded since we only spent about $20 of that.

The card I put on hold is one I rarely use and carries no balance, but I do have a recurring $15 charge on the 1st of each month. Today I got a text that this recurring payment couldn't go through so I double checked my credit card and now I have over $1000 worth of holds on the card (which only has a limit of $1000). Not only are those $600 worth of holds still there, there are random holds for amounts like $25 all over the place as well as a hold for $270.

How long does it take for these holds to drop off, and why are there so many?! We checked out two days ago now so I had assumed they would have dropped off but instead they've added to them. Has anyone had issues with this?

It takes several days for the holds to drop off after Disney releases them, which is after check out.

The actual charge to the card occurs at check out. All the prior holds will eventually fall off. But, yes, this results in needing to have available credit more than double what tout plan on charging to the room

It takes several days for the holds to drop off after Disney releases them, which is after check out.

The actual charge to the card occurs at check out. All the prior holds will eventually fall off. But, yes, this results in needing to have available credit more than double what tout plan on charging to the room

OK...so should one of those charges been for the final amount that we charged (which should be about $420) because I don't see a charge for that number, just all of the smaller ones.

I guess I'll wait and see. I travel a lot so I'm used to hotel holds being on my cards, but it's usually just one hold plus anything I've charged to the room, never in bits and pieces like this.

We stayed at POFQ this past week, checking out on Friday. When we checked in we put a credit card on the room and were told that there would be a $100 hold put on the room, and then once that $100 was reached with room charges, another $100 hold would be put on and so forth - we knew about this and it wasn't a problem. When they first tried to put the $100 hold on the card they said it was declined so they tried again and this time it was accepted - I noticed that evening that there were now two $100 holds on my card, but I figured one would drop off.

I kept track of what we were charging to the room and on Friday we had charged just over $400 to the room. When we checked out there were $600 worth of holds on my credit card (one for every $100 we spent plus that extra one) - again, I figured that extra one would drop off and the remainder of the last $100 would be refunded since we only spent about $20 of that.

The card I put on hold is one I rarely use and carries no balance, but I do have a recurring $15 charge on the 1st of each month. Today I got a text that this recurring payment couldn't go through so I double checked my credit card and now I have over $1000 worth of holds on the card (which only has a limit of $1000). Not only are those $600 worth of holds still there, there are random holds for amounts like $25 all over the place as well as a hold for $270.

How long does it take for these holds to drop off, and why are there so many?! We checked out two days ago now so I had assumed they would have dropped off but instead they've added to them. Has anyone had issues with this?
These issues are well delineated and long discussed on the existing thread.
Take a look at that.
It is up to your Credit Card company at this point.

I t took over a week for my holds to drop off, and I only had 2. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter