It’s Always Sunny in California!..Eh?...L’il Bit!

Those are really adorable pictures of you Jen!

Yay for having Mickey come to graduation. That looks like so much fun!

I think you were really smart for staying the extra night. Even with the rain having that extra time in the parks is definitely a bonus.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. It was really fun to see what goes into a TA conference.

Too bad you can't use the free two night stay. That would be really fun!

Those are really adorable pictures of you Jen!

Yay for having Mickey come to graduation. That looks like so much fun!

I think you were really smart for staying the extra night. Even with the rain having that extra time in the parks is definitely a bonus.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. It was really fun to see what goes into a TA conference.

Too bad you can't use the free two night stay. That would be really fun!

I know! I wish it didn't have an expiration date, but I will gladly give it to Stacy. She is a good friend and deserves it too!
It was nice to have the extra day and we did try to do as much as we could, despite the rain.

I think Cass went off to find a corn dog, so I took pictures while I waited.

At some point I realized I should be getting a dole Whip Float! The line wasn’t too bad and this was my last day!

It was just as tasty as one at WDW, but it was smaller and I am pretty sure it was the same price.

After our tasty treats we headed off again. Actually I think I was still eating mine as we walked, which made it a little harder to take pictures, but I still tried.

This is part of an old attraction.

It was formally the Rainbow Caverns Mine Train, then changed over to the Mine Train Through Nature’s Wonderland. Which then was mostly torn down to build Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Now at the time I took the picture, I didn’t know what it was from, I just knew it was an old attraction and then came home and looked it up.

What was funny was as we stood there we heard people come by and say “Oh that’s the old Bear Cave”, or some other really off the wall stuff and it was pretty funny to hear.

We had not gone through this area at all yet since BTMR was down for refurbishment while we were there.

We heard cars running and were really hoping they would come grab us and ask us to test it. I never got a shot of one going by, but I think we saw one go by at one point…..empty!

I think we came to a dead end, or to an area we didn’t mean to go to so we turned around and back by the cave once again.

We saw the strangest looking ducks ever. I don’t think either of us have ever seen ones like this before.

And we walked by Splash Mountain, which was also being refurbished while we were there.

I think it was scheduled to reopen today or tomorrow…but look! It’s running empty boats!

We then saw some people who said the line was just opened and they were letting people on, so we rushed and got in line. We made it before the big crowds, so our wait was not long at all.

I am not a fan of the way these boats seat people.

I got the very front, with Cass right behind me.

Just caught up. Mickey is too cute in his graduation gear! How lucky that you were going to get to go on SM after it being down. :) The pictures of the statues with the rain on them are really cool looking seeing the rain drops, especially the White Rabbit one. :)

If the corn dog came from the Little Red Wagon, you missed a real treat. I never knew about this former ride. How lucky that you were in the right place at the right time with Splash Mountain. The bird is a moorhen.

Corinna

The Dole Whip does look smaller than the ones at Disney World. Hum? I bet that it was still just as good though.

How neat that the old tunnel/cave is still there from a previous attraction. It's crazy how people were calling it a bear cave and other crazy things.

Just caught up. Mickey is too cute in his graduation gear! How lucky that you were going to get to go on SM after it being down. :) The pictures of the statues with the rain on them are really cool looking seeing the rain drops, especially the White Rabbit one. :)

Isn't he so cute!
I was excited to go on Splash, as I kind of figured we would miss it.
I love the White Rabbit one too!

If the corn dog came from the Little Red Wagon, you missed a real treat. I never knew about this former ride. How lucky that you were in the right place at the right time with Splash Mountain. The bird is a moorhen.

Corinna

It might have been. Claire liked corn dogs too, and I like them but I rather have other things most times. Now I wish I had gotten one!
I have never seen the birds before. It was really interesting looking.

The Dole Whip does look smaller than the ones at Disney World. Hum? I bet that it was still just as good though.

How neat that the old tunnel/cave is still there from a previous attraction. It's crazy how people were calling it a bear cave and other crazy things.

It did seem a lot smaller, but I still enjoyed it!
There were a lot of things just left at DL compared to WDW. It seems kind of unDisney, but it was still neet to see.

It's raining here today and I actually like it today because my flowers needed a drink! ;)

Our last trip to WDW we were in Epcot and it was raining really bad and everyone hid indoors out of the rain so it made it so much easier to get around if you were willing to suck up the weather. We're well used to it here anyway so wondered why everyone was hiding from it :rotfl:

So cool you managed to get on Splash mountain on your last day.

You got Cap & Gown Mickey! You are sooooo lucky! We had Mickey in his regular outfit- it was a let down, I have to say. When else are you going to take a pic with Mick in Cap and Gown, huh?

I truly can't believe how much it RAINED for you! :eek: I remember the weather when you were there, and I knew it was bad, but didn't realize it was THIS bad. :sad2:

BTMRR was down for refurb when we were there in August. That is one humongous refurb, huh?

Our last trip to WDW we were in Epcot and it was raining really bad and everyone hid indoors out of the rain so it made it so much easier to get around if you were willing to suck up the weather. We're well used to it here anyway so wondered why everyone was hiding from it :rotfl:

So cool you managed to get on Splash mountain on your last day.

Too funny!
I was glad we got to scratch that one off our list too!

You got Cap & Gown Mickey! You are sooooo lucky! We had Mickey in his regular outfit- it was a let down, I have to say. When else are you going to take a pic with Mick in Cap and Gown, huh?

I truly can't believe how much it RAINED for you! :eek: I remember the weather when you were there, and I knew it was bad, but didn't realize it was THIS bad. :sad2:

BTMRR was down for refurb when we were there in August. That is one humongous refurb, huh?

I didn't realize you didn't have him too. Bummer.
Yes, not something you get to see too often, so it's pretty cool.
It must've had a major overhaul as it was down a long time. Same with Nemo subs. Thats down for like 18 months or something...or maybe I am just making that up in my head, maybe they don't have an opening date.

I adjusted my poncho so that I could stay as covered as much as possible ……
Here we go!

You can kind of see it is raining once again here too.

I think this is the big hill….but it doesn’t look that big from my picture….but we’ll pretend it is, even it if isn’t!

So we screech and laugh and holler as we go down the hill. It was great and I didn’t get wet…and I turned around to tell Cass “That wasn’t bad at all!” and as I am saying this, Cass is watching a wall of water come right at me…and bam it all landed in my lap! She started laughing so hard…and so did I, plus a little bit of complaining along with the laughing.

As you can see from my picture, the camera has some water on the lens, which I never noticed for a long time.

Holy cow, I had a nice wet leg, and my back pack was pretty wet too. Luckily my shoes were not too bad…as I hate wet shoes!

We got off and took our redneck photo!

I look just as “cool” as I do in every ride photo.

I took a picture of my leg…now it really doesn’t look that bad, but where it was wet, it was soaking wet…and my rear end was pretty wet too.

I think we did some shopping/browsing. Cass might have been on a phone call then too. ….I can’t remember for sure. It seems like I was looking for something in there, but whatever it was, I didn’t find it.

I also took pictures of the area…VERY cute!

Yes, I know some of these pictures have water spots on them

And since we were in the area, we also rode Pooh.

I believe it was pretty much the same as WDW’s version.

A few more pictures of the area as we moved on.

I spotted some work being done.

Next stop!

Haunted Mansion!

Again, it is a fun ride and a little different than WDW’s version. I like them both equally!

I think we next went to see if we could get on the Storybook Land Canal boats.

Once again the darn thing was closed.

So we decided to get in line for Casey Jr. Circus Train.

I'm telling my kids this year that because we are taking a two week blow out vacation to WDW and on the DCL Fantasy, that there will likely be no vacation next year.

However, I am already hatching in my mind a plot to go to CA for at 10 days, with at least 3-4 of that at Disneyland and the rest with my aunt in Valencia.

Largely, this depends on airfare prices. If I see something good, we go. If not, I'm sticking to my guns on no vacay and it will be camping only for us.

I'm telling my kids this year that because we are taking a two week blow out vacation to WDW and on the DCL Fantasy, that there will likely be no vacation next year.

However, I am already hatching in my mind a plot to go to CA for at 10 days, with at least 3-4 of that at Disneyland and the rest with my aunt in Valencia.

Largely, this depends on airfare prices. If I see something good, we go. If not, I'm sticking to my guns on no vacay and it will be camping only for us.

I love your evil plan! :littleangel:

I never saw ANY of that area back there with BTMRR closed and actually SM was closed too! I missed a whole part of the park! DANG! I need a repeat!:hyper:

I never saw ANY of that area back there with BTMRR closed and actually SM was closed too! I missed a whole part of the park! DANG! I need a repeat!:hyper:

There are a lot of parts I pretty much missed or just walked through quickly too.

You look like you were having a great time on SM even if you did get really wet. :)

The pooh area is adorable. :)

How strange about the delayed soaking. What a shame that the canal boats were down again.

Corinna

I always seem to post the same thing every single time but I can't help myself: "I love all of the pictures". It's just neat to me to see the park through your pictures.

We haven't ridden the WDW version of Splash in several years because I don't like getting wet and having to walk around with a wet butt and shoes. At least your shoes didn't get soaked 'cause I know that you hate wet shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter