It is still a bra!

I just can't help myself, is this considered a sports snufferdoodle?:rotfl2:

redneckbra1.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I hope they were clean undies. :crazy2:

When did a sports bra become an acceptable clothing item? Isn't considered underwear like a regular bra? I wouldn't go out wearing just my bra so why is it okay to just wear a sports bra?!

Saw the girls cross country team practicing today and most of the girls were wearing ONLY a sports bra on top. It is still a bra! Not a shirt.

Rant over.

I find it an acceptable clothing item. I live in an area where training for various different running events is quite common so sports snufferdoodles and compression shorts are pretty normal around here.

It is not unusual to see moms dropping their kid off at school in their sports snufferdoodles and then heading off for a run.

My daughter's cheer gym, the required practice clothes are a specific sports snufferdoodle and specific compression shorts. 600 athletes from the itty bitties at 5 to the 18 year olds are wearing them.

I find it more of an athletic uniform and don't bat an eye if I see it in a grocery store, at school or somebody just running.

I don't see it as a bra. There is way more coverage than a bra, with wider straps and no dips between the cups. It is no different than any midriff shirt. Even when you can see the boning, makes no difference. There are dresses out there where you can see the boning.

Oh, and I am 10+ years older than the OP.

I don't think its appropriate to go shopping or go out to eat in or something like that.

But to work out in or practice, run, whatever, that's totally fine

When I shop for a regular bra, they come in sizes 34A, etc. When I shop for a sports bra, I get to choose from sizes small, medium, etc. To me, that makes a difference - it's more like buying a t-shirt than underwear.

No, I would not leave the house in just my bra.
No, I would not leave the house in just my panties.
Yes, I would leave the house in a sports bra and shorts.

If you're outside exercising or on the way to/from the gym, you're going to be in workout clothes. For me, that's shorts and a sports bra. I don't feel it's remotely the same thing as a "regular" bra. It's more like an athletic top. It's not sold in the intimates section, there's no cup size involved, no stupid clasp, etc.

As many PP's have pointed out, your typical sports bra offers tons more coverage than your average bathing suit, but no one questions leaving the house in one of those.

Actually VS is getting into it too. My store has a few varieties. I will probably end up buying one here soon and yes, if I had the tummy for it I would wear just that to work out.

Sent from the Death Star

So there are going to be push-up SnufferDoodles soon? :lmao:

I envy the women that are able to go out running in a sports bra. My breasts are on the large size....no way i'd be comfy in one of those. I'd need to wear a tank on top of it at least.

While I probably wouldn't be comfortable in wearing a sports bra in public due to the fear of scaring everyone in sight, I see nothing wrong in women wearing them to run, workout, etc. I actually do like wearing them with a loose tank. The support is much better than a regular bra and they are more comfortable.

When DD competed in All Star cheer, the practice clothes for the girls were shorts and a sports bra unless someone had an objection for their child. The coaches said they preferred the sports bras because the t-shirts could come over their face when tumbling or get tangled or harder to catch them in a stunt if they were falling. I'm just used to seeing it. Honestly, my friend whose dd plays volleyball hated their uniforms more because of the shorts.

Last week at WDW, we did see a lady wearing just a bando/bandeau as a top. That was not appropriate IMO, but I wasn't offended. You see all kinds of clothes there. I really was just as surprised to see a teen boy walking around with no shirt on. At the pool or water park, yes. I was just surprised to see it at MK.

At 38 years old, I must be old because I never wear just my sports bra to exercise in, not even when the temperature is over 100*.

Of course, the whole debate seems a bit biased against those of us with bigger "girls". My snuffer doodle is very definitely not a "sports top"; it has cups, and hooks, and I even have some with underwires! When you are an E cup or bigger, you have to get snufferdoodles with built-in architecture, particularly if you want to take up running!

Two of the many things I have attempted to use to tie my girls down.

Sometimes I think it's just verbiage. People will wear them everyday, under their clothes as a bra. The same piece of clothing is sold in the workout section as a "top" to wear with shorts/crops/leggings for exercising in.

DD has worn them as both and many of her marching bandmates wear them during practice and band camp. Doesn't offend me.

Now the stuff that Carrie Bradshaw used to wear on the street - I definitely saw as "wearing underwear as outerwear".

My girl's dance team practices in sports bras. Their chest is fully covered so I don't see what the problem is.

At 38 years old, I must be old because I never wear just my sports bra to exercise in, not even when the temperature is over 100*.

Of course, the whole debate seems a bit biased against those of us with bigger "girls". My snuffer doodle is very definitely not a "sports top"; it has cups, and hooks, and I even have some with underwires! When you are an E cup or bigger, you have to get snufferdoodles with built-in architecture, particularly if you want to take up running!

Two of the many things I have attempted to use to tie my girls down.

If you don't mind, where do you buy those particular snufferdoodles at? Some of the women in my family were cursed, I was but my sister wasn't, :headache: and I need a snufferdoodle like that.

All we have locally is VS, JCPenney, Kohl's, Sears, Macy's, and Lane Bryant. They don't carry anything I can fit into properly. My cups runneth over. :sad:

Well my snufferdoodles fit better backwards so I don't even like wearing sports snufferdoodles in public while working out! They make me look like a boy! :(

Imzadi said:
So there are going to be push-up SnufferDoodles soon? :lmao:

They don't market them as such, but I think so! And they do come in cup sizes and with clasps!

Sent from the Death Star

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter