It Looks Like The 30-Day+ Back-to-Back Reservation Policy Changed

After some looping we both noticed almost every Fort regular is gone. In years past we would see a lot of folks we recognized, this trip only a couple. I don't know what the inside baseball is on this situation but things have clearly changed.

I think that Covid-related restrictions & financial issues as well as rising Disney prices have caused a lot of people to reevaluate their priorities and/or have priced them out of the way they've done things in the past. People may have decided it makes more financial sense for them to stay offsite, some may have even been 'priced out' of going to WDW at all.

I also think that a few families realized during the closure that there can be more to vacationing than Disney Parks.

I also think that a few families realized during the closure that there can be more to vacationing than Disney Parks.
I've been done with WDW since 2012, and Disney in general for reasons of my own. My wife has been on the fence going back and forth as people do. Friends of ours talked us into taking the RV to the Fort in 2018. We got a three day pass and used two. My wife and I went back again for 4 days to use our last day ticket to attend the Flower and garden in May 2019. That was the end for the parks, but we did love the Fort. October 2020 we went to the DISmeet and really enjoyed seeing the group but no park tickets. Too much was closed, wearing a mask on the golf cart was just too much. We are truly and completely done with Disney now. Time to start taking care of our travel bucket list. If possible, schedule permitting we'll join some of the DISmeet folks at other locations as they are the only reason to stay involved. We can afford Disney more now than in the past but have made the decision to let other's fill the pockets of mouse.

Last edited:
As a long time fort fan I'm surprised that I first saw this today. To all the old timers and those in the know I have 2 questions anyone remember "The Northern Pioneers" Also guess Hilda had to break camp after many years.

As a long time fort fan I'm surprised that I first saw this today. To all the old timers and those in the know I have 2 questions anyone remember "The Northern Pioneers" Also guess Hilda had to break camp after many years.
We used to stay in the 1700 loop around the Northern Pioneers. We got to know a few of them. Disney incrementally pushed them out by changing their policies. This is part of my other comments about Disney having a blind spot for what actually got them to the top. For many years the winter settlers kept the Fort afloat during the off months. Now there are zero off months and zero Pioneers.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter