It Looks Like The 30-Day+ Back-to-Back Reservation Policy Changed

As *BamaEd* said, put in pergolas and throw in a golf cart and call it 'Ft Wilderness+' or 'Ft Wilderness Lightning Loops'. Maybe a new 'private' pool. Then charge whatever the market will bear. And at Disney the 'market' will bear quite a lot!

giphy.gif

I LOVE that name, Stormy!

I'm sure I'm alone in this, but I'm pretty happy about the change. I think it will make it easier for those campers wanting to stay less than a week to actually get a site. What happens are the Settlement loops are pretty much taken from October-December. I also hope this cracks down on the booking of tent sites just to get benefits . Although, in fairness, there aren't that many benefits to be had anymore...at least not enough to stay off property and book a tent site for since there's no more free FP+ or EMH.

I'm sure I'm alone in this, but I'm pretty happy about the change. I think it will make it easier for those campers wanting to stay less than a week to actually get a site. What happens are the Settlement loops are pretty much taken from October-December. I also hope this cracks down on the booking of tent sites just to get benefits . Although, in fairness, there aren't that many benefits to be had anymore...at least not enough to stay off property and book a tent site for since there's no more free FP+ or EMH.

Nope - very few onsite benefits anymore. I also don't think there were likely that many who were staying offsite and booking 30+ day stays for the benefits.

Nope - very few onsite benefits anymore. I also don't think there were likely that many who were staying offsite and booking 30+ day stays for the benefits.
Oh no, re: the tent sites I meant their wording about booting people at their discretion. I read that more as a general crack down on abuse including practices like the booking 8 people at a tent site for the early FP+ reservations, free parking, and EMH.

Oh no, re: the tent sites I meant their wording about booting people at their discretion. I read that more as a general crack down on abuse including practices like the booking 8 people at a tent site for the early FP+ reservations, free parking, and EMH.

Not sure what this means because you can have up to 10 people on a campsite at any level (Tent, Full, Preferred, Premium, Meadow).

Although there is the parking difference, the Magic Band cost (included with a campsite but paid for with the off-site groups) is no longer an issue since everybody has to buy/pay for MB if they don't already have one. No more free MB onsite.

Deluxe Magic Hours kill this idea too because Campsite folks don't get this benefit. It was gone before 30+.

IMO cutting the 30-day+ reservation off at the knees (which it does) doesn't really impact the Invisible Tent Site Reservations. It was a crack in the system that Disney refused to address (and I took the issue to the Fort Check-In Lobby myself in the past [Fort CM said it wasn't a big problem]). Not sure how this is really impacted. If we were looking at changes to reservations less than 30 days (30-), I'd be interested. But 30+ doesn't impact Invisible Tent Reservations unless someone can actually explain how.

I am just struggling to understand. :confused3

Bama Ed

I am just struggling to understand. :confused3

Bama Ed

My comment about the tent sites was not regarding the 30 days, it was the part that starts with, "Disney reserves the right to decline, accept, retain or cancel any reservation or any guest, subject to applicable laws, at any time and for any reason..." It implies they are cutting down on all abuses or perceived abuses of which, IMO, booking sites you have no intention of using (while actually staying off property) to gain benefits for a large group is an abuse of the system. Again, I said I don't think it will be much of an issue anymore since, outside of free parking during your stay, there really aren't that many benefits to staying on property over staying offsite. A large group, in the before times, could get 3 FP+ a day for their entire vacation(much further in advance and for a lot more days), EMH, and free parking for what amounted to $10 a day for a party of 10.

It also , to me, seems to show that they are wording it vague enough to tamp down on any future abuses they are not anticipating at this time.

View attachment 602963

My comment about the tent sites was not regarding the 30 days, it was the part that starts with, "Disney reserves the right to decline, accept, retain or cancel any reservation or any guest, subject to applicable laws, at any time and for any reason..." It implies they are cutting down on all abuses or perceived abuses of which, IMO, booking sites you have no intention of using (while actually staying off property) to gain benefits for a large group is an abuse of the system. Again, I said I don't think it will be much of an issue anymore since, outside of free parking during your stay, there really aren't that many benefits to staying on property over staying offsite. A large group, in the before times, could get 3 FP+ a day for their entire vacation(much further in advance and for a lot more days), EMH, and free parking for what amounted to $10 a day for a party of 10.

It also , to me, seems to show that they are wording it vague enough to tamp down on any future abuses they are not anticipating at this time.

Thanks for the quote. However, that language about decline/accept/retain/cancel that follows my highlight actually reads.... " A guest wishing to rebook a stay in the same hotel after an initial 30 day stay (whether done through one or multiple reservations), cannot book another stay ....."

I'm all for cutting down on the Tent site ghost bookings per se but this new 30+ language doesn't really cover it. There may be other language that covers it in the fine print of a reservation, but post-30 day language in the 5th bullet is not enough. We would need sub-30 day language. Which I am all for but have not seen yet - it's that simple.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Hey, I took one Contract Law class in graduate school. I've got my swagger on to stand in front of SCOTUS and talk DISNEY.

:rotfl2:

Bama Ed

PS - although, tbh, Judge Judy scares me to death! :scared: I remember the old, tough-as-nails, Italian ladies in my old hood.

Last edited:
It talks about an initial 30 day stay. What if the initial stay was less than 30 days, say 28 days, and then they spent the weekend elsewhere. Can they then come back and stay another 28 days?

The language on their website that @Bama-ed share does specifically say that after a 'maximum continuous stay of 30 days' you can't make another reservation for 28 days, so if someone wanted to push the issue then I suppose technically you could since you didn't have a 30 day continuous stay. Spirit of the law vs letter of the law I guess. But it also says that Disney can refuse or cancel any reservation at any time for any reason so I expect there would be 'push back' if too many people took advantage of that apparent loophole. Or it may result in Disney putting in an annual or 'seasonal' maximum for a stay in any one location like a lot of National Parks do.

I think the point/propose is for a single site (probably a good one)being tide up by one camper for months at a time. Many guest DEMAND 'their' site every time they come/stay . As mentioned before, that is not the kind of guest DISNEY wants any more.
Different guest spend more money

It talks about an initial 30 day stay. What if the initial stay was less than 30 days, say 28 days, and then they spent the weekend elsewhere. Can they then come back and stay another 28 days?

I guess if you are willing to load up and head off for 1-2 nights then come back in and set up again, you could do that. Like Stormy said, that way all those Fort nights are not "continuous".

I get a chuckle out of the snowbirds that I see at Gulf State Park when I'm down there when they can book monthly stays Nov-Mar. The "she" sets out all her potted plants and flowers and the "he" has set up and secured a screen room to keep his wood working tools and saws in (thankfully he only uses them during reasonable hours). So they putz around their site for hours not spending time and money on seafood dinners and tie-dye shirts and sun tan oil. That's still permitted at Gulf - they are just happy to get the campsite revenue in winter. At the Fort, I don't see quite those extended set-ups but the lack of spending is the similar point.

I think the point/propose is for a single site (probably a good one)being tide up by one camper for months at a time. Many guest DEMAND 'their' site every time they come/stay . As mentioned before, that is not the kind of guest DISNEY wants any more.
Different guest spend more money

Good point here. If one did as @charmed59 suggested, you likely would not get the same site (guess you could if it was still available). But as @Narcoossee11 says, I've been at the Fort in Januarys often for the Marathon week (not as often as some) but I see the same trailers/rvs set up in the same sites in loop 100. I can recognize them by their unique site decorations. After initial arrival and you maneuver to get into your favorite site, I guess you want to keep it.

So sure, haul over to Caribbean Beach Resort or Port Orleans Riverside for a night or two then head back home to the Fort. :drive:

This plan could work.

Bama Ed

PS - Disney management goobs following this thread are prolly upset now....

Last edited:
In looking back at the new language in post one, if you do 30 day on property, you have to wait 28 days before you come back.

So to follow the new rules, book 29 days, stay gone 1, book another 29, stay gone 1, and wash-rinse-repeat.

Because we all should follow the rules, right?

Bama Ed

Last edited:
One negative for is that the Christmas decorations may not be as extensive. The folks with the big setups in the same sites every year might not think it worth their while to set up for only 30 days. The last few years we've only visited Easter and New Years and all the camper Christmas decorations are up until New Years. We would really miss the castle, the walkthrough inflatable forest, the storm trooper army, etc.

One negative for is that the Christmas decorations may not be as extensive. The folks with the big setups in the same sites every year might not think it worth their while to set up for only 30 days. The last few years we've only visited Easter and New Years and all the camper Christmas decorations are up until New Years. We would really miss the castle, the walkthrough inflatable forest, the storm trooper army, etc.

55777165.jpg

After some looping we both noticed almost every Fort regular is gone. In years past we would see a lot of folks we recognized, this trip only a couple. I don't know what the inside baseball is on this situation but things have clearly changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter