IT`S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE...COCKTAILS, STEAKS AND CAKES..11 JOLLY HOLIDAY NIGHTS @ RPR-DEC 2019

I love that you don’t have set meet up times, but just reconvene whenever you find yourselves together. That sounds very relaxing, and allows everyone to be in the moment.

Those were great character interactions! They seem to be enjoying it as much as you are ☺

Is it wrong I’m more looking forward to the JP coaster than the last movie of the JW trilogy? Because I am 🤣

Maria :upsidedow

We love no schedules.....it’s why folks with spread sheets make me sweat with nervousness at times......lol......each to their own, but we barely glance at our watches on trips........wouldn’t work for everyone I guess.

We loved those interactions.......one of our best was last December when Spider-Man was waiting on the railings in the EP line one day......he was amazing and it really did make our day!!

lol.....I agree!! I only really liked the first JP movie......the rest......not for me......but we are all so excited for this coaster!! It looks to be fabulous! And it’s annoying to have to wait for so long!!

Patience, I’ve heard is a wonderful thing........:flower1:

Although I enjoy hearing about all of your trips, I'm especially enjoying all the park photos in anticipation of my upcoming trip.

I love Dr. Doom because of the view and because it's enough of a thrill without making me dizzy or sick.

I need to finally take the time to meet some superheroes on this trip. Maybe I'll wear my daughter's Loki shirt and see what they say. 😄

We used to be some of the ones that would walk past Confisco.....for years we did and would say we should try that place, even though the last couple of years it’s become a regular place for us, I still have some regret walking by all those times and knowing now how great the place is, all around decent food, almost always awesome service, and great atmosphere in general!!!

All your pictures are absolutely brilliant in your report!
Color is sharp and outstanding

They really stand out great just like I was in the park looking at the buildings and scenery.

Thank you!!!!

I do love the pictures Tom takes.....and the odd one from me too...lol.....I`m very happy you like them :wave2:

Although I enjoy hearing about all of your trips, I'm especially enjoying all the park photos in anticipation of my upcoming trip.

I love Dr. Doom because of the view and because it's enough of a thrill without making me dizzy or sick.

I need to finally take the time to meet some superheroes on this trip. Maybe I'll wear my daughter's Loki shirt and see what they say. 😄

I`m glad to hear it!!! It`ll be here before you know it.....

Yes, I get dizzy easy too, and Doom never does anything bad to me at all....it`s short, but so much fun!

The Superheroes are fabulous......although we`ve always had amazing meets with Universal Characters in both parks! It`s never just a quick picture and go.....they really do interact with guests.

(I had to go look up Loki :rotfl:)

We used to be some of the ones that would walk past Confisco.....for years we did and would say we should try that place, even though the last couple of years it’s become a regular place for us, I still have some regret walking by all those times and knowing now how great the place is, all around decent food, almost always awesome service, and great atmosphere in general!!!

We first went in 2007 and fell in love with it immediately......yep, everything is positive about that place.

We left our Superheroes and all commented how good the interactions are here and just how much time they spend with everyone. We were glad we had stopped today instead of just wandering past as we sometimes do.

It is feeling very hot today, but so beautiful. it feels wonderful to be walking around in December with shorts on in this heat knowing everyone back home is cold!!! Is that mean????

i-PLsSG3R-X2.jpg

I hate being splashed, but today the sprinkling of water was a pleasure as it just cooled us down a little now that the sun was beating down on us again...….

i-cxX56DH-X2.jpg

With Me Ship The Olive being out of bounds with the refurb of Bluto ride we had to pass by one of our favourite little areas, behind the ship overlooking the lagoon where you can see the work going on for the new JP ride. So, we walked on and noticed my husbands favourite sign informing him he`ll need a vacation from his vacation is still gone and had been since September.......it`s tradition we take that image......but not today.

Although it`s very warm, we don`t plan to do any water rides.....Kyle already feels he is a magnet to be soaked even if we remain relatively dry.....it`s true, he is!!! So, no Ripsaw Falls or JP today for us.

Kong is an alright ride. For me it`s a one and done every trip....and I think for my guys it`s the same, but we have to do it once. And today the EP line is the longest we have waited. The line was just beyond the Facial Recognition stop, but it moved fairly quickly. I think it was around 25 minutes till we got on the vehicle. Longer than we would usually wait, but Kyle wanted to go on it. I dreaded to think what the regular line was and according to the TM later it was at 75 minutes.

i-S6hg29M-X2.jpg

We didn`t go down to see the splash zone for JP today, but we did wander and take some pictures as the area is so lush and green, and very un theme park looking in so many areas.

i-sgfc4df-X2.jpg

We came across Universal Orlando`s latest addition to their park as we sauntered on towards Hogwarts.

I was howling as we approached the TM at their newest attraction at one point as we heard one man say to his wife.....I don`t understand this........lol......

The TM were brilliantly selling the exciting attraction and were thoroughly and proudly proclaiming zero accidents and zero wait time since the attraction had opened...….

This little obstacle course was being enjoyed by a small child who was laughing and giggling like he was on the best ride....the TM were amazing and making a simple made up thing so much fun for everyone who participated!

We however, declined as it looked far too energetic for us........but kudos to the TM who were obviously having a lot of fun engaging with the crowds.

i-bmbF3kq-X2.jpg

It wasn`t really this empty.......we got lucky with the picture!! We were noticing much larger crowds this trip than the previous two years.

i-QkVXkdV-X2.jpg

Seeing Hogwarts is classic. It always impresses and just looks spectacular every time we see it. And of course for Kyle, he is just smiling......he is loving this, as we are, but I think as it`s been a year he is definitley appreciating it a little more.

i-Lh7vV8t-X2.jpg

Looking over the other side of the bridge we can see the new bridge, and this was the bridge they now have you walk over to get away from the Castle night show......but it is very wide and will hold a lot of people when it`s fully utilised in the future.

i-jjRFcSM-X2.jpg

i-3RnLNZc-X2.jpg

We all went in to ride today, so camera was placed in locker so we just walked through and enjoyed it without stopping for pictures today. The EP line was around 15 minutes and the ride was showing 60 minutes for non express.

The non express line is worth walking through if you`ve never done it as you see a few things that the EP line misses out. Only if it`s relatively short though or you`re in no rush, but we like to do that a few times a year.

i-7zqGJ3K-X2.jpg

The ride was superb. It really is one of the best rides around and although today I could do it only once, we really enjoyed it.

Back down into Hogsmeade we could see the crowds building, it was so much busier than we are used to, but very manageable overall.......

i-ZTkWsVd-X2.jpg

i-cbKWgS8-X2.jpg

i-nQ6ZCZm-X2.jpg

I think everyone was happy when JKR allowed Universal to decorate the Potter areas, as it does add to the whole feel of the place. And it is simply but beautifully done. Nothing garish or neon style in sight.

i-vFHcNS9-X2.jpg

i-Xwdd5kQ-X2.jpg

i-KXxc78d-X2.jpg

Two years ago we had seen for the very first time, or rather Kyle spotted the doors in the tower opening and the bird coming out.......well, we hadn`t seen it happen before or since in all our visits......and to be fair, we didn`t notice this one happening either till we looked at the pictures!!

i-TST5xKF-X2.jpg

i-cvNGRbb-X2.jpg

But, we did manage to capture it as it happens again later in the trip. It doesn`t occur with any regularity it seems, I think we were just lucky again.

A wander around the back of Honeydukes also leads you to a little area not many folks venture round to. In the window you can see the large pile of dishes washing themselves in the sink with alacrity.

i-d2PgBxv-X2.jpg

i-GqGMH2n-X2.jpg

i-JDk7LJ6-X2.jpg

It really is the most beautiful day and we do wander a little aimlessly around for a while soaking in the atmosphere.

I can`t remember if Hagrid`s ride was open, close or down for a break.....but Kyle didn`t get to go on it today.

We left Hogsmeade and wandered past the Fountain who wasn`t chatting today, may have been just a quick break, and went straight to Seuss Landing where we did plan to go on a couple of rides.

i-dX8cf5r-X2.jpg

i-2624MqT-X2.jpg

Yes, we did go on the EP line for the trolley train......it wasn't too busy at around 35 minutes, but with EP we were straight to the front. Some say they manage just fine without EP, even at busy times. But, not for us. EP is invaluable to us even on quite days, or so called quiet days. For us of course, we like to sometimes spend just a couple of hours in the park, do our favourite rides and then leave.....so EP then is worth it`s weight in gold.

i-gzGvWMq-X2.jpg

We do like this little ride. Absolutely a children`s ride, but adults enjoy it too, and we never feel out of place for not having little ones around to go on as so many without kids do the same. You can see some lovely areas of the park as you go around.

i-TcWJTZv-X2.jpg

Circus McGurkas is very pretty from the outside, but not somewhere we`d ever eat. Food has never appealed to us at all and looks like somewhere you`d take kids to just fill a hunger pang. But, counter service never appeals much to us anyway. But, it is a gorgeous exterior and does look fun on the inside.

i-gfJPc3s-X2.jpg

We see a line for Green Eggs and Ham today too. This food place being open is like a purple moon...very rare. We got a picture of it open a couple of years ago and someone on here told me I was wrong as it wasn't open......but, we had the picture. But, they have revamped their menu a little this year and it did look busy. I don`t think we have ever eaten anything from here. Probably never will.

i-hLwz3X3-X2.jpg

i-z8pB4p7-X2.jpg

We came off the ride and headed down to the store below and admired the various festive options on sale. I did wish we had tried the eggnog fudge. Kyle and I aren`t really fudge fans, but I had liked the butterbeer fudge we had tried previously, but we didn`t get any. Tom likes fudge, but doesn`t like eggnog so I`m not sure what he would have made of it.

i-8RZS98x-X2.jpg

i-zjkTRJZ-X2.jpg

I love how they have roaming characters around the parks.....and of course the Who`s are somewhat guaranteed this time of year in the Seuss area and they are amazing. Very bright colours too.

i-VNgsTxd-X2.jpg

And of course they love getting photo ops with everyone......and a few seconds later the others appeared and I was instructed to hold the present, but I wasn`t to keep it I was informed very politely. And the length that they can chat is amazing!!! I`m a chatterbox but these guys take it to a new level!!

I had no idea there was a Who that slept all the time...….as I`ve said before, in the UK generally, we weren`t introduced to Seuss till the wonderful movie with Jim Carrey. It wasn`t a popular childhood theme we knew. But these guys were fabulous and it was a fun encounter.

i-CnK7csT-X2.jpg

Up next......lunch.

Your pictures of the castle light show are amazing! It's so good to see Kyle with you!

Thank you so much! I’m so glad to read you enjoyed them.....will pass it on to Tom:thumbsup2

Yes, it was just lovely having him with us.......we felt very lucky and we did make sure we enjoyed every second........:wave2:

Happy New Year! 🎉

Oh my, those treats look scrumptious! I am looking forward to trying some fudge, I remember last time they had some interesting varieties, and I love the butter beer 🥰

Green Eggs and Ham?! I hope it’s still open in 10 days so we can check it out. Very interested as a novelty, but probably not a meal for us...

The Seuss colors are so brilliant! I’m looking forward to a nice wander through Hogsmeade so we can find those hidden gems ☺

The last time we were at UOR FJ and Gringotts didn’t have EP. We are so looking forward to taking advantage of it, I think we will feel comfortable sleeping in knowing we can walk onto almost any ride...great recipe for a real vacation.

I`m glad to hear it!!! It`ll be here before you know it.....

Yes, I get dizzy easy too, and Doom never does anything bad to me at all....it`s short, but so much fun!

The Superheroes are fabulous......although we`ve always had amazing meets with Universal Characters in both parks! It`s never just a quick picture and go.....they really do interact with guests.

(I had to go look up Loki :rotfl:)

I wondered if you might have to. :laughing: My older daughter is a Marvel fanatic and has taught me most of what I know.

Happy New Year! 🎉

Oh my, those treats look scrumptious! I am looking forward to trying some fudge, I remember last time they had some interesting varieties, and I love the butter beer 🥰

Green Eggs and Ham?! I hope it’s still open in 10 days so we can check it out. Very interested as a novelty, but probably not a meal for us...

The Seuss colors are so brilliant! I’m looking forward to a nice wander through Hogsmeade so we can find those hidden gems ☺

The last time we were at UOR FJ and Gringotts didn’t have EP. We are so looking forward to taking advantage of it, I think we will feel comfortable sleeping in knowing we can walk onto almost any ride...great recipe for a real vacation.

Thank you Maria......you too........:flower3:

They do have some adorable treats. Kyle has had the chocolate cupcake and said they were very good, very rich and Tom loves their fudge, so yes, you’ll be spoiled for choice!

Yes for us Green Eggs and Ham is somewhere we take a picture of, but wouldn’t make a meal for us. It seems to have got better than it was, my cousins son had something from it and said it was good......but he’s a teen who’ll eat anything!

I love all the little things that aren’t obvious at first around Potter areas, and everywhere else too. There are so many cute little things that aren’t obvious, and I love all that! Oh yes, Seuss is colourful!!

And EP is the best! You’ll be spoiled again with it......it can make such a difference to your day :wave2:

I wondered if you might have to. :laughing: My older daughter is a Marvel fanatic and has taught me most of what I know.

lol.......I have no clue about some obvious characters and what film they come from......but that name I had never heard of at all!!!

IOA is a gem for fans of Marvel that’s for sure........ :wave2:

That weird drink is Ramune. My daughter loves it! I've been away from the report with the busyness of Christmas, so it's nice to catch up. Happy New year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter