IT"S TIME TO CHANGE Tomorrowland with something better..

tuck

UNIVERSAL/DISNEY/BUSCH PASSHOLDER
Tomorrowland at all 4 disney magic kingdom /disneyland theme parks looks dead and outdated bad... Disneyland paris is the beter one of the 4. But I think it's a time for a change. Disney needs to get with George Lucas and instead of redoing star tours.. make the whole land a star wars themed land with newer rides and better adv. Disney could have a land based on the hottest movie property in history. rides based on things from all 6 movies. I know a few people will say.. you can't do that cause it's not disney. WELL it would sure beat the walled off closed down half working tomorrowlands we have today...

I personally like the campy feel of tommorow land. I would like to see more rides (but I would like that for every land). Tommorow land at WDW is one of my kids most favorite places. Star Wars is great, and i would love to see some themed rides but not the whole place. jmo

The only problem with a Star Wars themed "Tomorrow Land" is that it wouldn't fit the theme at all. Star Wars takes place in the past :D

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away.....

I love the theming of WDW Tommorrowland, I just wish they'd do more with it.
#1-the speedway has nothing to do with Tommorrowland, it should be rebuilt on the otherside of the tracks with a toontown theme...it's just a bunch of asphalt, so that wouldn't cost much.
That would open up some space to 'complete' toontown (the walkway in to the right). This would help solve one of the problems with MK, not enough room.
This would open up a huge area for new attractions (Star Wars or whatever) with more 'the future of the past' theming. I've always thought that CoProgress should be rethemed both outside (as a giant spaceship that smokes and lights when it turns) and inside (Jules Verne view of 1900, then 1950, then 2000, then 3000 which would be way ahead of where we ended up and far-out with aliens and droids helping around the house)
Pushing the JV theming in the area and adding mod-spinning seats would make Timekeeper much more attractive to see.
They could add some JV space theming to Space Mountain (flying saucers and flaming comets zipping around, a fake JV history of space travel in the walk in, dress up the loading zone to be an Earth Spaceport, and the Exit as a Mars Space Port...the exit then would be the history of the Mars colonization with a transporter effect at the end to return you to Earth).
Now, what would we do with all that space opens up by moving the racetrack?

I love the Tomorrowland at WDW id just needs to continue past the TTC. After you cross under the Astro Orbitor and the TTC it all but vanishes.
. Disneyland's remodeled tomorrowland had a few of nice touches but was/is pretty much a failure in its theme and its attractions.
I certainly hop[e we don't get Lucasland inside Disneyland or WDW. While I think Star Tours and Indy are great attractions I am one of those who still has a problem with other companies films being used in Disney parks.

I also like tomorrowland (though the speedway can and should go to make way for more attractions). But based on what Lucas is putting out now (Episodes I & II) - do we really want a Lucas designed land?

Dont change Tomorrowland. It's my favorite place in all of WDW! I love every single attraction there!

While the Idea of StarWarsland does give my Inner fanboy a happy feeling, I still love the new Tomorrowland. its brilliant. it is proto Starwars. Tomorrowland represents the Saturday matinee The Buck Rogers and everything that got George thinking about Star Wars.

I too think Tomorrowland is great just the way it is. I must be in the minority but CoP is the one ride that I can reflect on a remember all the different trips I made as a kid. If I could make a change it would be to drop kick the ALien Encounter. It seems out of place. I would like a friendlier ride. I always thought of Tomorrowland ending just left of Space Mountain and think the Speedway was a good segway to Fantasyland.

Now is the time to SAVE CoP.

I too, like the way Tomorrowland is now. I really like the retro version of what comic books of the 30's thought the future would look like. I think if anything they should play it even more, and finish the area like Disneyland Paris. I would love to see them change SpaceMountain to the version in Paris.

JeffH great ideas!!!!:bounce:

CoP is one of my favorites too! I really hope it stays so that I can take my kids on it.

However, Alien Encounter is also one of my favorites! It scares me every time!

After just getting back from Disney World, the one thing I noticed about tomorrowland, besides the existence of only three attractions while timekeeper and CoP are closed, is that it could use a whole lot of paint to make it look a heck of a lot better. It just looks run down with the faded colors everywhere to be seen.

Also, the Tommorrowland Speedway needs to go. That is out of place regardless of where you put it in any of Disney's Theme Parks. The keyword here is "Theme" because that attraction (or shall I simply call it a ride?) does not seem to fit in to either the Tommorrowland theme or the FantasyLand theme. Also, the wonderful look and smell of the raceway just adds to the Magic that is Tommorrowland (or Fantasyland).

Panthius

I like the new look and feel of Tomorrowland. Unfortuneately the attractions that "fit" (CoP & TK) are closed when I go. The attractions that don't fit (AE & Speedway) remain open.

I wholeheartedly agree that the Speedway needs to go. It's a go-kart track and nothing more. Loud, smelly and land-consuming. An outstanding indoor E could fit on that space.

Panthius, you did cut short the number of attractions in TL. Space, Buzz, TTA, AO, AE and Speedway make 6, not 3.

Whoops, sorry about AO, but I was not counting Speedway purposefully since I am pretty sure it is in a land of its own (maybe not on the maps though), and I have never considered the TTA an attraction, although it indeed is, so that would bring the count up to 5. Not bad, but over by the CoP (and old skyway) area and over by the speedway area there is a LOT of land being wasted one way or another.

And tomorrowland still could use a nice coat or two of paint to make it look a little better.

Panthius

Monsters sounds like it would fit in Tomorrowland but I think it needs more than that. TTA is supposed to be the transportation ride for the future, but a couple coats of paint and some sprucing up should be in order.

I dont think star wars is a good fit there but better off where it is at MGM.

How about adding another Alien like encounter ride or a new space ride or build a future home like the Jetsons

I realize that Disney wants to tie together its movies and parks, but can't they come up with ideas separate of their movies? If the tie-in is needed for marketing purposes, maybe just tie it together loosely (as with the Countdown to Extinction/Dinosaur ride). Then when the film is either a bomb or long gone, people won't immediately think "wow, this ride/theme is old."

Just a thought...

Generally speaking I like Tomorrowland...except for the speedway. At the very least they could replace it new track that lets you pass sloooooow movers somewhere. I probably get on this ride once every 5 years and get promptly stuck behind a 6 year old.

I like the idea of moving it to Toontown & replacing the cars with cars that would fit Toontown...or even better move it over to Chester & Hester's Dinorama. That would leave the entire space between Toontown & Tomorrowland open and available for a Lilo & Stitch ride...or a ride based upon the near future...Space Tourism for everyone...a mock up of a ride through the replacement of the space station currently being built.

But please...no more Star Wars!

Tomorrowland is Yesterdayland... there is no other place on the property where there ar so many inactive or closed (or just plain borng) attractions. CoP's and Timekeeper's reopening are great. But then again, why were they ever closed anyway? Andwhy do they haveto close early when they are open?? There is a stage there that never has shows anymore??? And why not take advantage of all the open space and put in kiosk attractions at least??? And the Speedway has seen better days! I'm not sure when, but it has.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter