It seems like buying a package (direct from Uni) is more expensive than buying hotel + tickets separately?

MousetersInc

Mouseketeer
Is my math crazy, or does this sometimes happen?
  • $1,240 for a 2-night stay at Hard Rock, 1/14/23-1/16/23
  • $1,340 for 2-day 2-park tickets (currently running a "plus 2 days free" promo at the same price)
  • total: $2,580
  • Same things, but purchased together: $2,667
I realize that I'm missing out on the "save on a 3-park ticket" promo, but still; isn't it supposed to be cheaper to bundle hotel with park tickets?

I have no idea for sure, but my opinion is that they charge more for the package since it's refundable if you cancel it. Usually once you buy the tickets you can't return them. So I guess they feel if you want the refundable option they will charge you more. ???

It can also be the whole "one stop shopping" experience as well. Some may feel getting the package with one purchase is easier than the effort required to purchase everything separately.

We've only purchase a package deal once and that was decades ago right after RPR first opened. Universal offered a 'pay for 5 night, get 2 nights free' package (i.e. 7 nights for the price of 5 nights). It did save us money, but I've not seen another package that was a cost savings since.

Last edited:
The ticket/vacation packages are a good deal for longer stays.

We are going for 2 weeks in December. We booked a package. We got the 30% room discount at PBR for the "stay more save more" and a 14 day 3-park ticket.
The key for us is that the 14 day park ticket is about $200 per person cheaper than the preferred annual pass we would need for being there that many days.
So we got the maximum room discount and saved about $600 on park passes for the 3 of us.

For a short stay the deal isn't as good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter