It was to be a SURPRISE trip, but I blew it May 2012 PTR (New May 9 )

Queenofallthings

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

Yup, you heard it straight from the horses mouth....we're going back when I said we weren't going until August 2013! Let me begin by introducing ourselves to those of you who don't know us.....
143-3.jpg

First there is me....Queenofallthings...banker by day, Disney nut by every second of the day! Second, my beautiful daughter who is known on here as Jasmine! How did this trip come about...well let me tell you!

Jasmine graduated from high school in 2010 and wasn't quite sure what she wanted to do with her life so she decided (with her mother's complete support) to take a year off and think about what she was passionate about and what she could see herself doing for the rest of her life. By the following February when it came time to apply for University she was still at a loss so together we decided one more year couldn't hurt! She decided she is starting University in September and will be majoring in Criminal Justice:scared1:

Because she was to begin school I said no trip this year because I wanted her to save as much money working full time as she could for incidentals while going to school! My girl loves her Starbucks:lovestruc She was pretty bummed around Christmas that there was no trip in our future until 2013 and even then she wouldn't be travelling with us as she would be working full time during the summer!

The whole time I have been scheming to get us down there this year for one last mother/daughter trip before the pressures of school take over! I even went as far as calling her boss to find out if our dates were blacked out at the store and thankfully they were not! I had decided we would book room only, I have enough airmiles for 1 flight and 1 park pass so booking a package made no sense to me. I started making our schedule one Saturday that Jasmine was working the whole day and made all of our ADR's thinking I could always change something:rolleyes1

My whole intention was to wake her on the morning of May 19 and tell her we were heading to WDW....but I made a fatal error the day I finalized all the plans....I left one piece of paper on the floor under the kitchen table!:sad2: Like the good daughter that she is, after we had dinner she was sweeping the floor and picked it up.....She wandered through to the living room and asked if we were going:scared1: I guess by the look on my face and lack of words coming out of my mouth, she knew! The dates gave it away...we've never gone from May 19-June2...so the cat was out of the bag, no back pedaling for me!

So there you have it...we are going for one last hurrah together, staying at All Star Music for the last 2 weeks in May! I can't wait to share another one of our trips with you and I can't wait to have another mother/daughter trip!!

Awww I'm sorry your surprise was spoiled but I am so excited for you girls! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I know you two will have a wonderful time and I can't wait to hear about all your plans :yay:

Awww I'm sorry your surprise was spoiled but I am so excited for you girls! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I know you two will have a wonderful time and I can't wait to hear about all your plans :yay:

Thank you so much Dawn...I still can't believe I didn't see that paper slip under the table, but I guess it's good...she loves to be apart of the planning!

I'm in :) I love surprise trips! That story with jasmine sounds exactly like how I would find out about something like that :) Glad that you are going back 2 the world :)

P.S: Those dates sound like a great time 2 go :)

I was wondering when you might have another trip planned. I am so happy for the two of you, but so terribly bummed that I will be missing you by a mere week. Can you back your trip up and I'll move mine forward. :rotfl: It's just like I'll be missing Dawn and Caitlin. ughhhhhh! :sad2:

Let me just say that the NEXT time the four of you plan trips you better include me in the mix. :rotfl:

You know I love All Star Music! You are going to have a fab time!

I'm here! And so excited for you even though the surprise did not work.

Yay!!!! :cool1:

I was feeling so bad thinking you wouldn't make it back for so long...

You sneaky devil you!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Beautiful picture to introduce the two of you to new friends!

I saw on the news that your Jets beat our Flyers 2-1. I am not a hockey nut, so I wasn't upset ;) I was happy that if a team was to beat us, it was yours!!

I'm in :) I love surprise trips! That story with jasmine sounds exactly like how I would find out about something like that :) Glad that you are going back 2 the world :)

P.S: Those dates sound like a great time 2 go :)

I still can`t believe I did that but she got so excited ... it was almost meant to be! We have never gone in May so I`m excited to see what it will be like!

I was wondering when you might have another trip planned. I am so happy for the two of you, but so terribly bummed that I will be missing you by a mere week. Can you back your trip up and I'll move mine forward. :rotfl: It's just like I'll be missing Dawn and Caitlin. ughhhhhh! :sad2:

Let me just say that the NEXT time the four of you plan trips you better include me in the mix. :rotfl:

You know I love All Star Music! You are going to have a fab time!

I can`t believe we`re missing you by a week:sad1: We did think about leaving here Apr 28 for two weeks, but turns out someone had those holidays booked already at Jasmine`s work!

I think we absolutely have to plan a trip one of these years with all of us girls! We would have a blast!

I thought of you as I was booking ASMu!

I'm here! And so excited for you even though the surprise did not work.
Thanks so much Kathy....we sure have been thinking about you, Mary and the girls this week. Can`t wait to hear all about the latest trip!
yippee!!!!!!!!
Shelley...I`m so happy you`re here! We were going thru the park maps last night thanks to you sending them all to me:hug:

Yay!!!! :cool1:

I was feeling so bad thinking you wouldn't make it back for so long...

You sneaky devil you!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Beautiful picture to introduce the two of you to new friends!

I saw on the news that your Jets beat our Flyers 2-1. I am not a hockey nut, so I wasn't upset ;) I was happy that if a team was to beat us, it was yours!!

Thanks Debby...I felt so bad and was also so sad about not being able to do a PTR so I guess it all worked out for the best!

Thank you so much...I have that one in a frame in my office....I just love it!

I was watching the game on tv last night! When we were kids, Peg and mine`s favorite team was the flyers when Bobby Clark was their captain...the Broadstreet Bullies...how we loved them! When I was 12, I used to babysit for Bobby`s sister whose hubby was in the military! Thank you for being happy for my home team:hug:

:woohoo: glad you`re here!

I'm here to hear about your plans! I've seen you around (seems as if we keep up with a lot of the same people!), but it's nice to finally be in on one of your PTRs from the beginning! :)

So exciting!!! :cool1:

What does Jasmine want to do with a major in Criminal Justice? My 22 yr old niece graduated from U of W last May with a major in Criminal Justice and applied to the police dept and just before Christmas she found out that she got the job as a city of Wpg Police Officer and is starting at the Police Academy beginning of February!!! If Jasmine needs any advice... I can always ask my niece for her!!

I want to go back to Disney too!!! Just not in the cards for us this year! Maybe next year!!

Debbie

Yay! You're going back to Disney!!!! :woohoo: I'm so happy for you two. It stinks that the surprise got blown, but at least now Jasmine gets to be in on all the planning fun. Two whole weeks at Disney, sigh, I am sooooooo envious. Can't wait to hear all about the plans AND the TR! popcorn::

I'm here to hear about your plans! I've seen you around (seems as if we keep up with a lot of the same people!), but it's nice to finally be in on one of your PTRs from the beginning! :)

I am so happy you're here and posted! I found your PTR last night and went to post on it and the server message came up and I couldn't get back on, but I'm going over to comment now! Looks like we're there at the same time:thumbsup2

So exciting!!! :cool1:

What does Jasmine want to do with a major in Criminal Justice? My 22 yr old niece graduated from U of W last May with a major in Criminal Justice and applied to the police dept and just before Christmas she found out that she got the job as a city of Wpg Police Officer and is starting at the Police Academy beginning of February!!! If Jasmine needs any advice... I can always ask my niece for her!!

I want to go back to Disney too!!! Just not in the cards for us this year! Maybe next year!!

Debbie

Thanks!:goodvibes

Her goal is to work for Border Protection Services but she has also looked into the RCMP and Winnipeg Police...now, having said that, she is also applying for Air Traffic Control:rolleyes1

My BFF's daughter must have graduated with your niece last year from U of M...she also majored in CJ!

Yay! You're going back to Disney!!!! :woohoo: I'm so happy for you two. It stinks that the surprise got blown, but at least now Jasmine gets to be in on all the planning fun. Two whole weeks at Disney, sigh, I am sooooooo envious. Can't wait to hear all about the plans AND the TR! popcorn::

Thanks Missy:hug:

She would agree with you...she is so into the planning of this one, more than any other!

I promise to share every detail with you!

Too bad the surprise was ruined, but planning together, and chatting about the upcoming trip might be lots of fun! So glad that you girls are getting some time together before school!

This is so so exciting!!! Hurray!!!! Can't wait to read about all the planning!!!

wow that would have been a great surprise! But if Jasmine is anything like me, then im sure she is happy to know about it and get excited that she has it to look forward to! I am trying to get down there at the end of may also but it will be a last minute decision since i graduate in the middle of may from college. It's exciting that she is starting university and I am glad she decided what she wants to do! can't wait to read about your plans!

Woooooo hooooooooo I'm joining the fun :cool1:. I bet Jasmine was so happy to find out that y'all get to have one more Mother/Daughter trip :thumbsup2. I wish I could have kept our May dates because we would have been there the same time as you, Lisa, and Michelle. I am bummed about that, but I am hoping we can get there early enough on June 1st and maybe, just maybe have a small meet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter