It's A Mommy & Me Kind Of Trip! August 2014 TR *FINAL UPDATES 12/21 X2*

Day 4: Part IV – Frozen Fireworks

After our mediocre meal, we headed further into the France area in search of macarons, which we love so dearly. We’d never had the macarons from EPCOT’s France, but mom went to Paris a few years ago and brought them back and we fell in love!

After we found them and bought them for later on, we headed over to Morocco. I was on a mission. I wanted henna! I didn’t even know they did henna in Disney until I saw Kristen (disney_frump on instagram) post a picture of her arm. She was in Disney the same time we were. I thought hers was so gorgeous I wanted to get one too! So to Morocco we went!

We wandered around the entire pavilion until we stumbled upon a woman holding a henna bag!

I got mine done first, I went with Live I think? Then mom got a flower. The woman who did our henna was named Jennifer and I asked her a lot of questions about henna, how long she’s been doing it, how she got her job with Disney, how did she learn? She was awesome and I loved talking with her. And she did a fabulous job with our henna!

I posted this picture of my henna on instagram.

Mom’s Flower!

Us and Jennifer!

We said goodbye to Jennifer and made our way out of Morocco. We wandered around World Showcase stopped at all the pavilions on the way.

In Japan we were walking out of a shop when we stumbled up this cart. And I started talking with the CM, Haru, working and he convinced me to buy one of these and give it a try. I couldn’t decide which flavor to try so I asked him which was his favorite and he told me that in Japan they only have original and Lemon, all these other flavors aren’t available, I thought that was crazy. So I went with the original.

He had tried to describe it to me, it wasn’t soda but it wasn’t juice. He described it as yogurt-y but when I tasted it it wasn’t like that either. It was kind of like very mild lemon juice that was a little citrus-y. I didn’t end up drinking the whole thing but I did drink most of it.

We wandered through the rest of the showcase and head out of International Gateway and we went back to DHS to watch the frozen fireworks.

When we were walking in one of the security guards saw my shirt (which says my university name on it, hence the crown) and start telling me how one of the guards is from the city my school is in, but I guess he had just gone somewhere to deal with something.

We stayed at the end of the street, right near the main gates so we could get out quick once the show was over.

We couldn’t see any of the show, but I think we could see a bit of one of the jumbo-trons but we weren’t too concerned. Mom just really wanted to see the fireworks.

After a few minutes we decided we’d head outside of the park and watch the fireworks from the bus stop so we wouldn’t get caught up in bus traffic. This actually made for a great viewing point.

I love fireworks in general so I enjoyed this, but I didn’t really watch the whole show or experience it properly so I won’t judge or critique it.

After the fireworks were over we hopped on a bus before the crowds got there and headed back to Pop! This was where we discovered that instead of walking through and around all of the resort and it taking 10-12 minutes to get back to our room, we could have easily cut across the parking lot at the end of the line of busses, as many people were doing. And made it to our room in just 3 minutes. Silly us.

We packed up a bit and then went to bed. Our last night sleeping in Disney! The worst.

Up Next: Our Final Disney Day

Ha, I guess you went to the Studios first to get a photo out front. Seems reasonable. :thumbsup2

Bahaha, I bet the "What Were They Thinking" section could be its own book.

Of course, I totally love that you got a picture with Jennifer because CM's :lovestruc

I watched the fireworks the second time outside the park as well. Not having all the buildings right there really makes a difference. Great viewing spot.

Ha, I guess you went to the Studios first to get a photo out front. Seems reasonable. :thumbsup2

Bahaha, I bet the "What Were They Thinking" section could be its own book.

Of course, I totally love that you got a picture with Jennifer because CM's :lovestruc

I watched the fireworks the second time outside the park as well. Not having all the buildings right there really makes a difference. Great viewing spot.

CMs are the best I can't wait to be one !!! :yay:

I know outside DHS (*cough cough MGM*) is the way to go for the Frozen Fireworks, it's just a design flaw of the street being to narrow.

Joining late...late!! Great TR! And congrats on DCP!! We're leaving WDW January 12th, so we'll miss you -- but I bet it will be a really fun adventure!! :goodvibes

Joining late...late!! Great TR! And congrats on DCP!! We're leaving WDW January 12th, so we'll miss you -- but I bet it will be a really fun adventure!! :goodvibes

Thanks for joining! Thank you so much! I hope you have a great trip! And Thank you I'm super excited!

Day 5 : Part I – Magic Kingdom Morning
August 25th, 2014

Hi everyone!! Seeing that I just finished my last final this week I thought a great way to celebrate the end of the semester by wrapping up my TR!!! WOOTT! I move to Disney in just three weeks (AH THAT’S SO SOON!) and I definitely need to finish this one up before I can start that big adventure!

Okay so day 5! We woke up at about 8 and finished packing and getting everything ready to leave. Ugh so sad.

We brought all of our stuff down to the storage area for luggage by the bus stop. They were pretty busy so we had to wait about 20 minutes to be helped. We finally handed over our stuff to be stored until it was time to leave later that day.

We headed over to the bus stopped and hoped on a bus for MK and arrive by 9:30.

The Magic Kingdom had undergone it’s fall makeover while we were gone the day before and when we arrived we say a lot of this.

Walking down Main Street we stumbled upon this guy standing in one of the stores, and of course, I, being the pin lover I am, had to stop.

He was really awesome, he had two extremely long lanyards with tons of pins on them and he knew all the facts about all the pins, when they were made, what edition they were, etc. He was so cool!

There was a group of people gathered around him, there were little kids very excited to trade with him, so we just hung back and waited our turn. He made everyone introduce themselves before he traded with him because he didn’t trade with strangers. He was running really late when it was finally my turn to trade with him but he said since I waited so patiently he would stick around and trade with my mom and I quick, and even get a picture with us.

I love when CMs don’t treat guests differently because of age, like yeah, I am 20 but I’m still a kid!

After he had to leave, mom and I made our way over to Fantasyland to use our FP+ for Peter Pan. Then after a journey through Neverland made our way over to meet the one and only Gaston.

Yes, I am one of those Gaston loving girls. Judge me. I was the first in line to meet Gaston and we waited about 10 maybe 15 minutes until he came out, we chatted for a that time with the photopass photographer that was already out and waiting for Gaston to show up.

I was smitten in the presence of Gaston, as most are. He was being him and I was just starting, fairly starstruck and he said “are you just going to stare at me and blush or…?”

He asked me about the ring on my finger (a Claddagh ring I wore on my ring finger) and he asked me if I was married, I said no. Engaged? No. Boyfriend? Nope. And then he proceeded to say he would make me his wife. I mean, that’s fine with me!

Then he asked, “Do you have a dog?” I said yes, he said “Ugh, Belle has a dog, we call him Beast.”

Of course he had too show off his muscles.

Once it was sadly time to leave Gaston we decided we would head out of MK, making some stops along the way.

On our way out we saw Mary Poppins and I decided I wanted to hop in line and meet her! She didn’t have a photographer with her so props to mom for these great pics!

Then we stopped in to see our girl Tinkerbell!

After Tink we headed out of MK, sadly, and made our way over to EPCOT for our lunch reservation and to wrap up our trip.

Continued in Next Post

Day 5: Part II – O Canada!

We made our way to EPCOT via bus to the Boardwalk and we walked down the boardwalk and headed into the International Gateway. We headed straight to Le Cellier for our lunch reservation.

It was a bit before noon, and the restaurant wasn’t open yet so we waited outside for a few minutes.

The staff all sang O Canada to the guests waiting to be seated, as it’s a tradition to do it every afternoon at opening! It was nice to watch. We were seated and our waitress was Caitlin, she was awesome! We talked to her a lot about DCP and working in Disney! And she made great recommendations.

Sorry for the low quality/dark phone pictures. The food was AMAZING though. Like WOW! I have dreams about this meal, I wish I could eat it all the time.

We started with bread, then had poutine fries, and we split cheddar soup and the Le Cellier filet mignon.

The “Le Cellier” poutine. Just wow. I am so obsessed with these, they’re so amazing and I love them and would eat them until the day I die if I could. Like really THAT amazing.

We weren’t over the moon about the soup, it was good but not as good as the poutine or the filet mignon.

Just WOW. Again. Like I’m not kidding this was amazing. Melt in your mouth delicious. I’m getting hungry just typing about it!

Honestly this was one of the best meals of the whole trip! And splitting it was perfect because it wasn’t took much food or too much money.

After lunch we did the rounds and met some characters, because I love characters, if you couldn’t already tell.

We stopped in the UK to see my boys Pooh and Tigger, we also poked in the gift shop to see if they had any Cadbury chocolate cause Cadbury in the UK is like 2134X better than Cadbury in the US, in case you didn’t already know this!

Then we stopped in Morocco, the main point of this journey around the showcase, because I wanted to get henna on my other arm! I just love henna soo much!

Then we jumped in line to meet my girl Belle.

I’m pretty sure we were first in line to meet Belle too, it was a major trend of the trip.

Then we popped over to Germany to meet Snow. We weren’t first in line for her, but we were a close second. The little girl in front of us with her parents was so cute, she was telling us all about her birthday party she was going to have.

While we were waiting, a boy named Kevin who was in a wheelchair that said Prince Kevin on it hoped in the back of the line with his family, but we all insisted that he come to the front of the line and meet Snow White first. He was awesome, we had seen him in DHS a few days earlier, it was really great to see how excited he was to meet Snow and how happy it made his family. It’s the things like that, I’m telling ya.

After Snow, we made our way back to the front of the park to catch a bus back to Pop! Once we got to Pop! we grabbed a snack in the food court, apple pie, and then made our way to the bus.

The bus took us to the airport (obviously), and we flew back home. Then a couple days later I decided to apply to DCP and now here I am about to leave for my college program in less than 3 weeks!

Thank you all so much for following along and reading! I’ve had so much fun writing this TR, as I always do! I had so much fun on this trip and meeting all these characters, and eating in all these restaurants, and just doing everything! I hope you all will read along with my DCP trip! My mom and I will be driving down on January 7th and my program officially starts on January 12th! Maybe I’ll see some of you down in the World! Thank you sooo much again for reading! You guys are awesome!

:goodvibes So many fun meet n' greets!!! And what a yummy looking lunch!!

Thanks for sharing your TR -- always sad to see that return-to-MCO ME picture -- but excited to hear about your next adventures in the DCP! :goodvibes

:goodvibes So many fun meet n' greets!!! And what a yummy looking lunch!!

Thanks for sharing your TR -- always sad to see that return-to-MCO ME picture -- but excited to hear about your next adventures in the DCP! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for reading! I'm so excited to start my DCP! Hope you have a great trip in January!

It always amazes how they transform the park overnight. That's pretty magical right there.

I so agree about CM's not treating adult guests differently. It is a HUGE deal.

I have no issues with Gaston. I've spent a lot of time hanging around just watching his meets. Some of the best entertainment in all of Disney.

Wow, I can't believe how much you did on your departure day. And so many characters. That's more than most people do in a whole trip, lol.

Still so happy for you to begin your DCP!!!! SO CLOSE!!!! Hopefully I will see you in action when I'm there next month. :goodvibes

It was fun to follow along on your trip report and look for my family in the background of your pictures! (I didn't see us...)

Good luck in the college program, I will look for you when we are back again in May!

It always amazes how they transform the park overnight. That's pretty magical right there.

I so agree about CM's not treating adult guests differently. It is a HUGE deal.

I have no issues with Gaston. I've spent a lot of time hanging around just watching his meets. Some of the best entertainment in all of Disney.

Wow, I can't believe how much you did on your departure day. And so many characters. That's more than most people do in a whole trip, lol.

Still so happy for you to begin your DCP!!!! SO CLOSE!!!! Hopefully I will see you in action when I'm there next month. :goodvibes

Gaston is great entertainment! Always my favorite meets. We packed it all in on the last day! I know we honestly did so much it's weird looking back on it cause we had a late start to the day and a fairly long sit down lunch.

Thank you! I'm sooo excited I know! In two weeks I'll be driving down! HOW WEIRD IS THAT! I hope to see you too!!

Thank you for reading along and actively commenting! You're the best Rob!

It was fun to follow along on your trip report and look for my family in the background of your pictures! (I didn't see us...)

Good luck in the college program, I will look for you when we are back again in May!

Thank you so much for reading along! We probably crossed paths at some point haha! Thank you! Please do! I'd love to see you guys in Disney!

Thank you so much for reading! I'm so excited to start my DCP! Hope you have a great trip in January!

It was so fun to meet you at Poly a few weeks ago!!! It totally took me by surprise that someone would recognize us -- DH was impressed!! Hope you enjoyed your sushi (I'm so sad we missed out and couldn't get a seat, Mizner's was packed too, so we ended up at MK) :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter