It's A Mommy & Me Kind Of Trip! August 2014 TR *FINAL UPDATES 12/21 X2*

Joining in!! Loving your TR so far! Congrats on getting accepted into the DCP! I did the Spring Advantage 2012 program and it was by far the best experience of my life!! I would go back in a heartbeat if I could! What will your role be? I was attractions in Fantasyland - Mickey's Philharmagic, Carrousel, Dumbo, and The Barnstormer!! I'll be down there visiting Jan 18 - Jan 23, 2015! Its me and my mom's first mother/daughter trip as well! Looking forward to reading more of your TR soon!

See that Grace. You two are such Disney pros that you make rope drop even when you're not trying. :goodvibes

And just think, you get to enjoy the heat for an extended period next year. ;)

Awww you didn't get a frozen cupcake??? I'm curious about the non Elsa ones. Though I will be honest. I should have gotten the red velvet, lol.

Joining in!! Loving your TR so far! Congrats on getting accepted into the DCP! I did the Spring Advantage 2012 program and it was by far the best experience of my life!! I would go back in a heartbeat if I could! What will your role be? I was attractions in Fantasyland - Mickey's Philharmagic, Carrousel, Dumbo, and The Barnstormer!! I'll be down there visiting Jan 18 - Jan 23, 2015! Its me and my mom's first mother/daughter trip as well! Looking forward to reading more of your TR soon!

Thanks for joining! Thank you I'm so excited for the DCP! You'll have so much fun on your trip! Maybe we'll bump into each other! :goodvibes

See that Grace. You two are such Disney pros that you make rope drop even when you're not trying. :goodvibes

And just think, you get to enjoy the heat for an extended period next year. ;)

Awww you didn't get a frozen cupcake??? I'm curious about the non Elsa ones. Though I will be honest. I should have gotten the red velvet, lol.

Can't wait for that heat! I think it might be a fair enough trade off for no winter. We didn't have cupcakes but I do want to try the red velvet one, I love red velvet and that thing looks so heavenly!

Day 3: Part II – Tale As Old As Time

After spending some quality time with our pals Mickey and Minnie we headed over to use our Tower of Terror FP+.

This is always a great ride and one of our family favorites, some of my most favorite Disney memories have been on Tower of Terror.

We had a good sequence it was very fun, we laughed a lot. And best of all we survived! Hallelujah!

One of my biggest bucket list items for this trip was seeing the Beauty and the Beast live show. I had no memories of this show from when I was younger but the movie and the music from the Broadway show are two of my most favorite things in the entire world.

We got there super early for the 11:45 show, it was super hot and I’m going to admit it I was pretty miserable because of the heat and being exhausted so just sitting for a while was amazing, even if we were sitting in the heat. We used our Olafs and park maps to fan ourselves.

THE KISS! AHHH

I loved this show it was great! The performers were wonderful and the show was perfectly cheesy and corny and wonderful! I just loved it! And Gaston, uh what a dream boat!

A quick MGM… DHS pic! Then on to the Muppets for some nice AC.

Oh my gosh! Look I’m in New York!

We stopped in the Writer’s Shop after for some treats, primarily this beautiful creation!

These carrot cake cookies don’t photograph all that well but man are they delicious!

Honestly if you’ve never had one of these before you gotta get one! Like HAVE TO!

After our quick snack we headed back to One Man’s Dream to redeem our quiz for a prize.

Bam!

We scooted over to TSM and used our FP+ and we even got to skip the regular part of the line after the two lines meet because we were a party of two, another score! Our final scores were 132,200 (me) and 94,000 (mom).

Woot woot, what’s that? I’m the best?! You’re too kind!

Next we headed over to Wandering Oaken’s trading post real fast just to see what was up with all of that. We thought we were in line for the store then we got inside and realized we were in the wrong line, we had waited to go into the funland thing, which was cool to see but not exactly what we wanted. So we looked around for a minute then headed out and over to the store.

We looked around at things for Jessica (my niece) but nothing really jumped out at us and we had already got her something Frozen themed. So we headed out and made our way to Epcot via the Friendship Boat in the extreme and awful heat.

Continued in Next Post

Day 3: Part III – Eat Your Heart Out

We hopped on the Friendship Boat at 2 and arrived at EPCOT by 2:20. The heat was awful and my feet were killing me and I was just over all uncomfortable and exhausted. But I refused to let it show because for goodness sake we were in Disney World! Like how could I possible be sad in Disney!

We were headed to Italy for our Via Napoli reservation. Our reservation was for ___, we arrived at 2:50 and we were seated by 2:55, it was pretty busy. Our waitress was Elisa and she was very nice and helpful. The server who sat us was beautiful as were all of the Italian men, like hi can I come work here and be beautiful too?

This little guy was right outside our window. This was our first time eating at Via Napoli, we had both heard and read a lot about it so we were extremely excited.

I ordered Limonata, which was good but not really what I was expecting, our waitress tried to explain it to me but there’s not much to compare it to. I also had a water so I was fine. Mom had a blood orange acqua frescas, it was good I had a few sips.

Foodwise we ordered Arancini, candele pasta, and carciofi pizza. They were all amazinnggggg. I would absolutely come back and eat there a million more times because I love Italian food and this was the crown jewel of Italian food.

This place was an 11/10. We had asked for bread but it was really busy and I think our waitress may have just forgot but that’s okay cause we were plenty full and the bread probably would’ve been over kill.

We were pretty full but decided to get dessert anyway. When in Rome! Am I right?

This was delicious but I don’t remember the name, so yum!

After our amazing meal we started to make our way out of EPCOT. We stopped quick to grab a school bread for later. And I really wanted to meet a particular furry fellow for the first time so we decided to do that as well!

Duffy!

I loved meeting Duffy, he was cuddly and great at hugging and just an overall fun time. After hanging out with Duffy for a little bit, it was time to leave and the sky looked like something bad was going to happen.

And the sky did exactly that. We got under Spaceship Earth and a tsunami was upon us! We were tucked away in the photo gift shop with a large number of other people who were trying to escape the storm.

Kids were playing and running into the wind, I can’t even explain how crazy it was. The wind was blowing so hard that it was whipping the rain everywhere.

We went on Spaceship Earth to kill sometime see if the rain would subside.

“Spaceship earth is leaking, alert the press. I'm being rained on inside of a ride.”

The rain didn’t look like it was subsiding so we headed out and battled the storm.

When we got back to the hotel it was beautiful and the temperature had cooled down quite a bit so I decided to go for a run. I ran around the Art of Animation and POP! around the lagoon.

Running Selfie…. Cause I can!

After my run I felt sticky and gross so we jumped in the pool to cool off. The water was far from cool, that’s Florida in August for ya.

I took a quick shower after the pool and then we headed out again!

Up next: A night of character selfies!

Hahaha, I saw more than a few people using Olaf as a fan. Appropriate I guess sine he's a snowman so he'll keep you nice and cool. I do need to see BATB again though. It's been a while.

Eh Welcome to New Yowk!! Stacey :love:

I officially need that Honorary Citizen button... Badly.

Awww, how can anyone not love Duffy?

Oooh, I hit a Tsunami in pretty much that exact spot a few years ago. Yikes it comes quick and that lovely Geodesic Sphere really helps whip up the craziness. Glad you survived it.

Hahaha, I saw more than a few people using Olaf as a fan. Appropriate I guess sine he's a snowman so he'll keep you nice and cool. I do need to see BATB again though. It's been a while.

Eh Welcome to New Yowk!! Stacey :love:

I officially need that Honorary Citizen button... Badly.

Awww, how can anyone not love Duffy?

Oooh, I hit a Tsunami in pretty much that exact spot a few years ago. Yikes it comes quick and that lovely Geodesic Sphere really helps whip up the craziness. Glad you survived it.

He did make a great fan! That spot is like a wind tunnel and everyone was trapped together! So crazy! I'm glad we survived also haha!

Caught up.
Hoop De Doo sounds like such fun, and that cornbread looks yummy.

You two were really productive with your MK time that night. Love the photobomber in your SM selfie.:rotfl2:

Wishes is the best show ever. I'm always amazed when people pick IllumiNations over Wishes. There's no better emotional connection!

A second viewing of Celebrate the Magic is a great trade off for no parade!

Ugh, DHS has barely any shade throughout the parks, but at least there are plenty of shows to escape into. Makes it somewhat survivable.

That's a cool pin! Now I wanna go fill out a quiz and become a citizen of WDW.:rotfl:

Oh man, Via Napoli is my FAVORITE Disney restaurant. Hands down, I could eat there every single day. I'd need bigger pants by the end of the trip, but I totally could.:lmao: I'm glad you loved it, too.

Hi just got caught up on your trip it is great. Congrats on getting into the Disney school program my daughter is hoping to get a internship for animal kingdom in a year she is a pre-vet student and wants to get some great experience at Disney animal kingdom. I would love to just go on a trip with my daughters it would be great love hearing about you and your mom sharing in a great trip together.

Caught up.
Hoop De Doo sounds like such fun, and that cornbread looks yummy.

You two were really productive with your MK time that night. Love the photobomber in your SM selfie.:rotfl2:

Wishes is the best show ever. I'm always amazed when people pick IllumiNations over Wishes. There's no better emotional connection!

A second viewing of Celebrate the Magic is a great trade off for no parade!

Ugh, DHS has barely any shade throughout the parks, but at least there are plenty of shows to escape into. Makes it somewhat survivable.

That's a cool pin! Now I wanna go fill out a quiz and become a citizen of WDW.:rotfl:

Oh man, Via Napoli is my FAVORITE Disney restaurant. Hands down, I could eat there every single day. I'd need bigger pants by the end of the trip, but I totally could.:lmao: I'm glad you loved it, too.

The cornbread was delicious, the cornbread at Liberty Tree Tavern was amazing also! Yeah we were able to knock out a lot at the Magic Kingdom in short nights, we were very impressed with ourselves.

I love Wishes, it captures my attention in a way the Illuminations never has, Wishes is just mesmerizing and so personal! Celebrate the Magic was awesome the second time because Main Street was empty and we could walk right up to the foot of the castle.

We loved Via Napoli I wish I could've eaten even more because it was so amazing!

Hi just got caught up on your trip it is great. Congrats on getting into the Disney school program my daughter is hoping to get a internship for animal kingdom in a year she is a pre-vet student and wants to get some great experience at Disney animal kingdom. I would love to just go on a trip with my daughters it would be great love hearing about you and your mom sharing in a great trip together.

Hi! Thank you! I'm very excited for the DCP, I hope your daughter gets an internship at AK! I'm planning on applying for a professional internship after college also, mine would be for communications or graphic design though!

I loved going on a trip with just my mom! You should definitely take a mother-daughter trip it was so much fun!

Day 3: Part IV – Let Me Take A Selfie

Hi everyone, I’m going to start cranking out updates as we’re approaching my DCP which is only a few weeks away so lets do this! Wooo!

Let me preface this update by sharing with you that this was one of my favorite nights I’ve ever spend it Disney! It was just so much fun and I had a great time. I know you’re thinking, Cool Grace, now just tell us! So I will!

After a nice run, a dip in the pool, and a quick shower we headed out a little after 8 for a night in the Magic Kingdom. We were on a bus by 8:10 and at the park by about 8:30.

I was really tired so I did not bring my camera and mom didn’t bring her bag all we had were our MagicBands, our cell phones, and ourselves!

People were lining the streets waiting for MSEP, we opted to skip this and head over to see if Tiana was still meeting. Tiana is the only princess other than Merida that I have never met before, so I really really needed to meet her!

We got there an a lovely CM informed us that Tiana AND Naveen would be coming out soon! So not only was I going to meet Tiana for the first time but also Naveen! Like what?!

I tweeted “ I’m about to meet Tiana, oh my gosh dreams really do come true!”

And in no time the queen of the Bayou was upon us and it was my turn to meet them!

I loved these two, I remember this being a fun interaction and I remember watching the little kids in front of me have a great interaction too! These two were great.
When we first got to MK the castle lights were off because we think Stitch got a hold of the switch (or it was the storm earlier in the day, but probably Stitch) and they had finally come back on!

We meandered over to Jungle Cruise for an adventure, we hadn’t been on Jungle Cruise since our trip in 2008, we missed it summer of 2013 and didn’t even notice til we got home. Our skipper this trip was Emily and she was great.

"Over here we have an African elephant, you can tell it's African cause we're in Africa"

“And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the eighth wonder of the world! The backside of the water!”

After departing our boat and saying goodbye to our skipper, we headed towards Fantasyland through Frontierland, once we got there we realized we were stuck… the parade had trapped us in. We had no choice to stay put while getting as close to Fantasyland as possible, I wanted to get as far down as we could so we could cross right after the parade went by.

The parade finished and we ran across and sped walked to Fantasyland, we were on a mission to meet the Queen and Princess of Arendelle. We got there at 9:55, just minutes before Celebrate the Magic and then Wishes, the listed wait time displayed 90 minutes. We went for it thinking, what else do we have to do? Nothing, we had absolutely nothing planned so we hopped in line. This was NOT a 90 minute line, it we started the line inside Fairytale hall, not even just under the awning but actually in the hall. We were into see the princesses in 20-25 minutes! Such a score!

Wishes was going off outside and the noise was terrifying from within Fairytale Hall, I tweeted “In case anyone was wondering Wishes sounds like cannons and gun shots from inside Fairytale Hall” It was soooo incredibly loud, and it would catch you off guard the first few times. But it’s alright cause we were about to meet Elsa and Anna!

Frozen really got me when it first came out, I was so obsessed with it. I took Jessica my niece to see it the day it came out, a year ago this week actually! And the two of us loved it! I really loved the story, and I felt a strong connection to the story. I saw it in theater like 6 times so I was really really excited to meet Anna and Elsa, even though I’m not nearly as obsessed with the movie as I was when I first saw it, it was so much fun actually getting to meet them!

Mommy and me selfie!

After meeting Anna and Elsa, we saw that the line for Cindy and Punzie was nonexistent so we hopped over to them too!

We headed out of Fairytale Hall and decided to go visit Ariel in her grotto! I love meeting characters, it’s easily my favorite part of Disney World, like other than the food.

All the princesses loved my “magic mirror” and were very enthusiastic to take selfies with me. It’s lame, yes, but it’s also fun and they make for cute pictures so whatever.

We headed over to ride Haunted Mansion, which had no wait at all, mom loves HM so it was a must. Then we headed over to Big Thunder Mountain and rode that twice with no wait, we debated riding it one more time, but decided rather to head over to Space Mountain for a ride. It was a 25 minute wait, also the first time I’ve been on SM not going through the FP line in forever like I think I was 8 the last time I did that.

Mom was like “Lets take a fun ride picture!” and I was like “Okay!” but then I guess she forgot where the camera was or was just unprepared.

At about 12:30 we headed out even though the park was open until either 1 or 2, I’m not sure. We had decided we were sleepy though.

We got to the bus at about 12:50 and when we were on the bus I think we could see the Villains fireworks, or maybe we could see them from the hotel? I’m not sure I just wrote “villains fireworks” in my notes… go me! I’m so good at leaving myself notes! Lol.

This was such a fun night, I loved it so much and I love looking back on it. Can’t wait to be in Disney with my mom again in January!

Up Next: It’s an AK kind of day!

DCP!!! WOOT!!!!

Merida is STILL on my outstanding list too. I've been waiting for her to vacate her current spot that always has long waits. I did the same for Rapunzel.

I have heard such good things about Tiana and Naveen. They are on many people's BEST list. So clearly, they're good.

Wow, amazing that Frozen is a year old now. And still going strong.

Ha, I don't know why I find it so comical (and endearing) that you took a selfie of just you and your Mom at a character meet and greet. It's kinda awesome.

DCP!!! WOOT!!!!

Merida is STILL on my outstanding list too. I've been waiting for her to vacate her current spot that always has long waits. I did the same for Rapunzel.

I have heard such good things about Tiana and Naveen. They are on many people's BEST list. So clearly, they're good.

Wow, amazing that Frozen is a year old now. And still going strong.

Ha, I don't know why I find it so comical (and endearing) that you took a selfie of just you and your Mom at a character meet and greet. It's kinda awesome.

When I was in Disney in May with my friend for the day we got in Merida's line but it didn't move the slightest in the 15 minutes we were waiting so we decided we had better things to do.

I know, it's actually hilarious we finished meeting Elsa and I was like mom come here let's take a picture!

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving! Get ready to kick off the holiday season tomorrow :cool1:!

Day 4: Part I – Hontas! Hontas!

Sunday, August 24th 2014

It has come upon us, the dread last full day in the parks, that bittersweet “we’re here but we’re also leaving really soon” feeling overcame us. But with lots of park time left we didn’t let it get us down!

I was a terrible note taker today because the heat and my overwhelming tiredness so I apologize in advance for the lack of details there may be, I’m going to straight from memory here guys so bare with me!

Ok we woke up and I think mom started pack a little then we headed out to Animal Kingdom.

Walking in we say a certain someone that just happen to be on my shirt! So obviously we had to stop for a quick pic!

Looking back on these pictures most of the time I’m like wow I look so unhappy, and I’m really mad at myself for being so grumpy in Disney. I vow to never again be a grump while in such a wonderful place!

We entered the park and the thing we were really excited for was Festival of the Lion King, so we made our way towards the new theater! We were really excited to see this in it’s new home.

I believe we had a fastpass to meet Mickey and Minnie so we did that along the way to FOTLK also.

HEY GUYS!!! I loved these two, I really like the meet and greet area also.

On our journey back towards Africa we stopped to meet our Wilderness Explorer friends!

I loveee Russell, love love love!

We took our time getting to FOTLK because the next show wasn’t for quite some time and we just enjoyed the walk. Again a brutally hot day, we stopped for some breakfast. I got a huge rice krispie treat and a water, and I believe mom got an ice coffee, which really goes to show how hot it was because she drinks hot coffee in the dead of the summer at home but today was just too hot.

Yum!

We meandered some more and asked a CM where Pocahontas was meeting, she told us if we go all the way to the bridge to Africa and right before it take a right down a path that that’s where we would find Pocahontas, all the way at the end.

So we followed her instructions and walking down that path I thought to myself, “Are we going to the right place? Why one earth would they put a character in such a hard to find place?” But low and behold there she was at the end of the path!

There was a group meeting her when we got there but then it was just me, so I got to talk to Pocahontas for a while!

When I was little I love Pocahontas, I believe it was my first Disney movie and I would run around the house calling myself “Hontas” because I couldn’t say Pocahontas and I love her so so much.

She was really interested by my braid, she said I was a very talented braider. Thank you Hontas, I try.

Love herrr!

Continued in next post!

Day 4: Part II – Oh I Just Can’t Wait To Be King

After making our way out of the deep forest after visting Pocahontas we decided even though it was still early that we would head over and get in line for FOTLK. Again, it was hot so at least we were in the shade and had those fans in line blowing on us.

We were in the Elephant section which made me extremely happy because elephants are my absolute favorite animal!

Love those monkeys!

My friend from home Peter, who is on his DCP now and will be in spring with me, actually had the pleasure of meeting those guys as well as the entire cast of FOTLK with Francis Dominic (instagram – frncissdominc) and Lane (instagram – ferdalump) and I was so so so jealous!

After the show we sped walked over to Everest to use our fastpasses, we had about 10 minutes and we were swerving in and out of large groups, slow people, families with strollers, and just silly people standing in the middle of the walk ways for no apparent reason.

Even though we were in a rush I guess we had time to stop for a super quick pic!

WE MADE IT! WOO! And we got one of those oh so special red wait time card things.

Yay for silly/fierce ride photos… I embarrass myself, but I enjoy it.

The last thing we had to do was a FP+ for Finding Nemo, but it wasn’t for another hour or two, it was the 1:50 showing or whatever time is close to that. But there was a show about to happen so we opted to just go and see that one from the back of the theater because we were really running out of steam.

This has nothing to do with anything but I distinctly remember a boy, probably a year or two younger than me, not so sneakily taking a picture of me on his phone as we were making that short walk from Everest to Nemo. I was like “what are you doing?” then again I can’t say I haven’t taken pictures of perfectly random strangers.

“She’s a fish killer!” I love that line!

We didn’t mind giving up our prime FP+ seats for these peasant seats (I’m just kidding, we were all the way in the back of the theater though), we’d seen the show a couple times before so it wasn’t imperative and every seat in that theater is a good seat, let’s be honest.

As we headed out we stopped outside Dinoland for a churro and some water. They were fabulous. And as we were making our way out of the park, a CM was calling people over to come meet Daisy, we thought why not! So we headed down, and down, and down an empty cue that would probably be 4 hours long if it were full. But there was no one in it, makes you wonder what was once here that they would need such a long queue.

We got down and met our sassy friend Daisy. Mom doesn’t like to be in pictures with me, and claims that she just enjoys watching me meet and interact with the characters.

After meeting Daisy we walked back out the incredibly long queue, which happens to be at an incline when you’re exiting. I remember being extremely but jokingly dramatic about this. Like flailing about and saying I couldn’t make it, pulling myself up the queue with the rope. The small number of other guests around were not amused by my antics, but heck I thought I was funny.

So we headed back to the bus stop, a bus waiting for us. How perfect! And we headed back to Pop! We stopped in the food court and decided to split a little something. We got a meatball sub and my heavens it was delicious.

We headed back to the room and I had planned on going for another run, but I climbed into my bed and decided a nap was a far better option and I dozed off for quite sometime. No one was mad, well my coach probably would have been if he knew, but what he doesn’t know won’t kill him!

Up next: A French Kind of Night

Um... can I be you? LMAO! JK but this TR is absolutely PERFECT. Literally one of the most fabulous TRs I've seen in a long time. The only complaint I have is that it's making me miss Disney World so much :sad:

I LOOOOOVE every single character interaction you've had so far. You've met all of my favorites. And your food pics are all on point.

I'm so depressed that I've caught you at what appears to be near the end of this TR. Everything is SO great.

Haha, Happy Thanksgiving!! Or as we in Canada call it... Thursday. :)

Oh wow, how awesome to have a Rafiki shirt and then meet him. Perfect.

Haha, you've got a few months to put that "no grump" policy to the test. Incidentally, I don't think you look grumpy at all.

Aww YAY, that is a DISer Pocahontas right there too. That counts as a DISmeet I think.

that's my favorite friend of poca's!

She was awesome! We spent a good ten minutes just catching it was so nice!

Um... can I be you? LMAO! JK but this TR is absolutely PERFECT. Literally one of the most fabulous TRs I've seen in a long time. The only complaint I have is that it's making me miss Disney World so much :sad:

I LOOOOOVE every single character interaction you've had so far. You've met all of my favorites. And your food pics are all on point.

I'm so depressed that I've caught you at what appears to be near the end of this TR. Everything is SO great.

Oh my gosh! HI! Yes if you really want you can be me :rotfl: Thank you for joining you're so kind!

Don't be too depressed! I'll be TRing my DCP in the spring so just a few weeks still I start that up!

But honestly thanks for commenting you're so sweet!

Haha, Happy Thanksgiving!! Or as we in Canada call it... Thursday. :)

Oh wow, how awesome to have a Rafiki shirt and then meet him. Perfect.

Haha, you've got a few months to put that "no grump" policy to the test. Incidentally, I don't think you look grumpy at all.

Aww YAY, that is a DISer Pocahontas right there too. That counts as a DISmeet I think.

Right?! Rafiki had a bit of a line but I mean he was on my shirt so I had to! No way that's awesome that she's a DISer! I had no idea!

Day 4: Part III – The Good, The Bad, and The What Were You Thinking

I woke up from my nap and it was time to get a move on for our dining reservations, so we headed down to the bus stop. Luckily we were the first in line for our bus! Our reservations were in EPCOT but for some reason we decided to take the DHS bus?? Not sure why. Then I think we planned to take the boats but the line was so long and there was a storm so we hopped on a bus to the EPCOT hotels that happened to be sitting there.

First on the yellow line! Woot woot!

A whole bus to ourselves! Woot woot!

Like I said we got to DHS and then headed over to EPCOT.

I think we meandered along the Boardwalk and walked briefly through the hotel. On our stroll we saw a man, running backward sweating profusely, we were rather impressed and confused. Eventually we made it over to the International Gateway and continued our journey over to France.

We would be dining at Chefs de France tonight. Our reservation was for 6:10 I believe, we had a bit of trouble because I guess our reservation wasn’t in the system or they had seated someone else under our name but I pulled up our reservation email on my phone and the hostess was able to clear everything up. We were seated at 6:15 and our waiter was Paul.

We both did the Pre-fixe 3 course menu. I had Lobster Bisque (Bisque de Homard
), Macaroni Baked (Gratin de macaroni), and Crème Brulée. I believe mom had the French Onion Soup (Soupe à l'oignon Gratinée), Short ribs, and chocolate mousse.

The bread was good but you have to really mess up for bread not to be good.

The soup I really really really enjoyed, probably just because I love lobster bisque. I believe mom also enjoyed her soup.

Not a big fan of the Macaroni, it was not my ideal plate, the cheese was too strong for me but somehow miraculously didn’t really have a flavor it was potent but not flavorful, at least not in a good way, I don’t know maybe it’s just me, mom had a few bites and also wasn’t impressed.

My dessert was good, but didn’t blow me out of the water. I love crème brulée and I’ve had some very amazing crème brulée, so this was just okay in comparison.

Mom liked this plate, I had a few bites and really enjoyed it. It was all new to me so I was curious, no complaints here that I remember.

The mousse was described as okay. I’ll just say neither of us finished our desserts so that just shows that they weren’t anything too extraordinary.

We were sat by a window so we did a lot of people watching, we talked about what people were wearing and how strange some people dress. Like I don’t understand why anyone in the world would feel it was a great idea to wear anything that exposes a great portion of their stomach at Disney World. Like this is a family friendly place, I don’t want to see your stomach thank you. I know it’s hot, but it’s not any hotter for you than it is for the rest of the world. Okay, I’m done. Rant over.

But anyway while people watching Mom decided she could write a book after all the things she’s seen in Disney and call it “The Good, The Bad, and The What Were You Thinking?” I told her she should make it a blog.

We finished up dinner, we really weren’t in love with Chefs de France and probably wouldn’t go back for quite some time. Our waiter wasn’t outstanding or personal at all, there was nothing that was like WOW I NEED TO EAT THIS AGAIN! It was all very eh. Also I could’ve just at the soup and dessert and been content for the rest of the night. I didn’t need the entrée, especially seeing that I barely ate any of it.

Now like guys, I LOVE food especially Disney food so I was a little sad that I didn't love this meal the way I thought I would.

Continued in next post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter