It's **ABSOLUTELY** OFFICIAL! Magic sails Europe - Summer 2007!

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
Heard from my TA today! It's official! She had the exact dates of sailing, but no ports/itineraries or prices yet!!! WOO HOO!! :banana:

Repo cruises will be 14 nights each. The summer cruises will be 10- and 11- night cruises. The repo to bring the Magic back to USA sets sail on Saturday, August 18, 2007 and arrives back at Port Canaveral on Saturday, Sept 1st. This means my DSs would not miss ANY school if we do the repo cruise!! :sunny:

P.S. My TA indicated that bookings wouldn't be opening up until some time in April. So there's time to save up for the deposit :teeth:

**DISCLAIMER**
As it was explained to me, the dates are set; it was leaked by people inside Disney, and *some* travel agents are already aware of this information, and are confident in it's validity.

MrsMork said:
What are the dates of the transatlantic sailings? :woohoo:

Europe to USA repo cruise departs August 18th, 2007 and arrives back at Port Canaveral on Sept 1st, 2007.

I will find out the USA to Europe dates and post them here :)

MrsMork said:
What are the dates of the first transatlantic sailing? :woohoo:

May 12th! Then starting on May 26th they will alternate 11 nights/ 10 nights/ 11 nights/ 10 nights, up until the August 18th repo :sunny:

SeaSpray said:
Heard from my TA today! It's official! She had the exact dates of sailing, but no ports/itineraries or prices yet!!! WOO HOO!! :banana:

Which TA do you use?

SeaSpray said:
May 12th! Then starting on May 26th they will alternate 11 nights/ 10 nights/ 11 nights/ 10 nights, up until the August 18th repo :sunny:

:sad2:

That is exactly what I was afraid of. DH and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary on May 24th. We have been planning for about as many years as we have been married to go on a 7 day Disney cruise for our anniversary. We can't go to Europe so this leaves us shut out. DH can't get off any earlier in the spring or later in the fall because of work. I know many of you are excited but this is a HUGE disappointment for me. I was really hoping the repo would not be until Memorial Day weekend.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

We won't be able to do these, but I'm happy for those of you who were anxiously awaiting this. Good for you all!!!

Becka: I'm sorry for the disappointment :( But I'd suggest the same as DrCavin; do back-to-back cruises on the Wonder. I've heard that it's an interesting and unique experience to get to stay ON the ship in between cruises while everyone else is getting off the ship. :)

CRSNDSNY: Thanks! I am not sure we'll be doing one of the European cruises yet (My DH is in a meeting right now, I can't get a hold of him to talk to him about it. lol) but I was so happy to see that the dates for the return repo cruise would not interfere with DSs school, if we do end up doing it! :goodvibes

becka said:
:sad2:

That is exactly what I was afraid of. DH and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary on May 24th. We have been planning for about as many years as we have been married to go on a 7 day Disney cruise for our anniversary. We can't go to Europe so this leaves us shut out. DH can't get off any earlier in the spring or later in the fall because of work. I know many of you are excited but this is a HUGE disappointment for me. I was really hoping the repo would not be until Memorial Day weekend.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Yep, in sorta the same boat with you. (or would that be off the same boat with you??). Our 25th anniversary is that summer and we had planned a 7 too.

However, if DCL wants to redeem themselves they can have the Disney Dream ready for a Caribbean sailing on Saturday July 28th, 2007.

DisneyBill said:
However, if DCL wants to redeem themselves they can have the Disney Dream ready for a Caribbean sailing on Saturday July 28th, 2007.

That will be a real *Magical* feat, since we know that a new ship isn't even on the production schedule. :wizard:

Seaspray: Very happy for you that it looks like it will work out for you. Thank you so much for posting this information which we all have been waiting anxiously for.

For us, it is not something we are interested in at this time, but it does keep our plans open for the Western in November or December 2007.

Flagger said:
How is in any way be considered official when it has not been announced by DCL themselves?

You have a good point there :) In fact, I really should go back and add a disclaimer to my original post. lol

As it was explained to me, the dates are set; it was leaked by people inside Disney, and most travel agents are aware of this information and are confident in it's validity.

Hope this is all on the up and up, no travel agents that I've called here on Long Island, have heard anything about a European Magic Cruise. I'm still crossing my fingers though!

SeaSpray,
We must use the same TA. I recieved a phone call today with the same info. Unfortunately, I told her to give up my request for a Cat 2 (which I put in sometime in 2004). We really don't want to go to the Mediterranean.

SeaSpray said:
You have a good point there :) In fact, I really should go back and add a disclaimer to my original post. lol

As it was explained to me, the dates are set; it was leaked by people inside Disney, and most travel agents are aware of this information and are confident in it's validity.

I am not trying to slam you in any way, but there are lots of people who skim the threads who see OFFICIAL and consider it gospel when at this point it really can be considered only rumour and conjecture.

I would imagine they will be quite pricey if try as well as any excursions which always are more pricey in Europe on any line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter