It's **ABSOLUTELY** OFFICIAL! Magic sails Europe - Summer 2007!

bonzie1 said:
DECISIONS... DECISIONS... :confused3

Good luck to everyone. We still have one foot on the dock and one foot on the boat. I'm sure we'll have many more discussions until we can book on the 4th. :goodvibes

Do I need Captain Hook to take off the foot that's left on the dock?

We are definitely going on the eastbound. I'm just trying to decide and figure whether to use points, partial points, or pay all cash.

And, if I need a verandah I can go to secret deck 7 or the aft and enjoy the ocean. Besides, we were too busy to sit around in our rooms!

I'll figure out how to make this work, one way or another!!

We need to come up with a creative name for the eastbound!

Linda

Yes, I was on the waitlist and had a msg from DCL on my answering machine when I got home from work 2 days ago. I tried to call the same person back, but couldn't ever get through to her extension. Oh well. I was just trying to say we wouldn't be booking. When we got on the list, we had a family of 4. Now, I'm expecting. Yeah! But, that means category 4 or 2 cabins. WAAAAAY out of my price range. And, to top it off I probably couldn't enjoy it much worrying about the baby I'd still be breastfeeding at the time of the trip. I've never been to Europe and am now thinking that first trip should be sans kids so DH & I can really explore. So, oh well, maybe next time. Makes more room for you guys.

p.s. Instead we booked the day the fall 07 rates came out on the first trip 9/1/07 after the med...2 connecting cabins category 8's for around 4 grand for our family of 5. And since I've done some of the same stops before I won't feel like I'm missing anything if I'm taking care of baby instead of sightseeing. Some beach time and kids clubs/characters is all I need!

I confused :confused3 I called DCL and asked about the waiting list. I have a deposit down on a cruise in July and wanted to find out about the waiting list so I could move it. DCL told me there was no such list.

seaulater said:
Do I need Captain Hook to take off the foot that's left on the dock?

We are definitely going on the eastbound. I'm just trying to decide and figure whether to use points, partial points, or pay all cash.

And, if I need a verandah I can go to secret deck 7 or the aft and enjoy the ocean. Besides, we were too busy to sit around in our rooms!

I'll figure out how to make this work, one way or another!!

We need to come up with a creative name for the eastbound!

Linda

Thanks Linda! :thumbsup2

I'm hoping we'll get there somehow!

:boat: :boat: :boat: :boat: :boat:

vossjemi: Congratulations on expecting! pixiedust: A safe healthy pregnancy to you!!! :lovestruc :wizard:

4kidsandadog: Congrats on your decision! Celebrating a birthday :cake: on board will be such FUN! :bday: (early!)

Mickey02 said:
I confused :confused3 I called DCL and asked about the waiting list. I have a deposit down on a cruise in July and wanted to find out about the waiting list so I could move it. DCL told me there was no such list.

The wait list that many are on was started last September. It is usually reserved for Cats 1 -3 , I think they allowed more than that for the Med cruises. But as of about a month ago, DCL closed down all wait lists for thes itineraries. Some of those on the wait list may still have to call on the 4th anyway, along with the TAs and the general public.

Mickey02 said:

Barb... wait until the 4th to do your switching. DCL is not taking reservations for the Med cruises until then. There are several posts about the wait list further back on this thread which will help explain the confusion. There was a DCL wait list... it is now closed. Open bookings will be on the 4th. Hope this helps.

We got our waitlist call today. We had faxed to inventory control in January. They are taking information on which cruise you want and will call back before the 4th to actually book. We were waitlisted for a category 6. We are going to be on the Magic on the 4th - we leave the 30th for Fla. so they said that if they did not call before we leave they would hold everything for when we got back.

bonzie1 said:
Barb... wait until the 4th to do your switching. DCL is not taking reservations for the Med cruises until then. There are several posts about the wait list further back on this thread which will help explain the confusion. There was a DCL wait list... it is now closed. Open bookings will be on the 4th. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information, it does help. Just have to be patient waiting...waiting...waiting... I"M DONE!!!! :rolleyes:

castawayfan said:
We got our waitlist call today. We had faxed to inventory control in January. They are taking information on which cruise you want and will call back before the 4th to actually book. We were waitlisted for a category 6. We are going to be on the Magic on the 4th - we leave the 30th for Fla. so they said that if they did not call before we leave they would hold everything for when we got back.

I got my call yesterday too and I was told that they were only calling regarding Cat 1, 2, 3 and weren't even looking at the other requests! Unbelievable!

DCL really should have a written spiel so that each CM has the same answers! And then they wonder why we all get frustrated and call them thousands of times about the same questions! :sad2: :rolleyes2 :sad2:

janet

just used sidestep this morning...put in 1 way fares from JFK to Barcelona on the Thursday before the cruise...

on 8/17 from New York J F Kennedy Intl Apt
Aer Lingus Flight 104
Departure: 6:00PNew York J F Kennedy Intl Apt (JFK)
Arrival: 5:30ADublin (DUB)
Duration: 6hr 30mn
Distance: 3180mi
Aircraft: Airbus Industrie A330 (Jet)
Meal: Meal
Connection: 2hr 00mnDublin (DUB)
Aer Lingus Flight 562
Departure: 7:30ADublin (DUB)
Arrival: 10:50ABarcelona Apt (BCN)
Duration: 2hr 20mn
Distance: 923mi
Aircraft: Airbus Industrie A321 (Jet)
Meal: Food and Beverages for Purchase
Total duration: 10hr 50mn
Total distance: 4103.0 mi

So I am thinking of maybe staying in Dublin for 1-2 days before the cruise...there are many possibilities including AlItalia thru Rome....DH has never been so it could be a nice stop, too.....

Price was $498

$457.80 with SwissAir through Zurich (JFK-BCN)

Looks like there will be a few options available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter