It's **ABSOLUTELY** OFFICIAL! Magic sails Europe - Summer 2007!

misseulalie said:
Here's a question to those who did this last year....
If my TA will be booking a room for me, and I am on the phone with DCL at the same time, do I have to pay double the deposits? Or do I have a day to decide which room I really want, cancel the other and then pay the deposit? I hate putting this vacation on a TA I have never worked with before, so I thought I will try to get a room at the same time.
Thanks!!!!!!! :wave:

I have booked two cruises at once and had to pay the deposit. They usually won't book without a deposit. I did have 24 hours on my last CCL cruise booking. But, in any case, what is the big deal? If you use a CC, and have to cancel one the next or same day, you won't have to make any payments and it will be credited right away.

I agree with Mickeyfan1 --

booking two cabins for the same cruise - is just not fair to other cruisers - since you will be helping drive the pricing tiers up.

IF your TA is on the ball - they will contact you before 4/4 - confirm what you want - ASK then - if they are coordinating with DCL - if not - tell them no thank you - and call yourself.

mostyn17 said:
I already heard from inventory control.....I declined my cat. 3 for the 14 day back to florida....She didn't have the pricing, but said it was going to be over $20000.00 for that cat. :badpc: I got a cat. 4 and they said they will be calling me back before the rates are released to the public. :cool1:

I think this cruise is going to be outragious! She said she only knew the pricing for the cat. 11 and it was around 3500.00 per person...well..for the first 2.

Travis
littleowensmommy said:
Yes, yesterday via my TA to confirm my dates.
Bringing Home the Magic - Part 2 - 8/18/07 - 9/01/07 Cruise Thread!

Yes, I agree, I don't want to book 2 rooms, it is not fair to to others. I guess I am worried that I am placing my trust on an important decision on a TA I have never worked with before and it is out of my control as to when they book for me.

If they start booking at 8am, whose to say that the TA's won't get in the office until 9am!
I also don't want to put down 2 deposits if I don't have to.

I guess I'll call again....
They did email yesterday to confirm what dates I want, so I guess that's a good sign....

Hi -

We will be on the Magic 4/4 - does anyone have a clue as to whether DCL will honor the 10% onboard booking discount for the Med cruises (assuming we can even get a reservation)?

GrayFal said:
Anyone else besides Travis (Thanks for posting) from the "DCL Wait List" been contacted??????

We were contacted on Tuesday, just after the announcement. Unfortunately we had to decline as we're unable to do the Med cruise - we were hoping for something a little closer to home. :sad:

Seaulater and Bonzie1: Great job on the list of activities that DCL had planned for us on the Panama Canal cruise. We had so much fun! I was just telling my husband the other night that if Disney came up with another Panama Canal cruise, I would do it in a heart beat!

Do we know what time DCL will be taking reservations starting on the 4th?

Leslye

My neighbor just got a phone call from area code 407. She faxed a request last August, so DCL is working it's way down the line. (She declined her cat.3 BTW - too bad she couldn't reassign it to me :teeth: )

hi! I'm sure this has been asked before...but this is a long thread, and i don't have time to go thru it all. Does anyone have an idea about pricing? any ideas on how much for the repo ....lowest category available? i'm sure it's gonna be way over our budget...but i'm just curious! We are a family of 5...best to do the family room? or 2 connecting rooms? our oldest child will only be 10 at the time of sailing.
thanks for any info!

wheelerkidz3 said:
hi! I'm sure this has been asked before...but this is a long thread, and i don't have time to go thru it all. Does anyone have an idea about pricing? any ideas on how much for the repo ....lowest category available? i'm sure it's gonna be way over our budget...but i'm just curious! We are a family of 5...best to do the family room? or 2 connecting rooms? our oldest child will only be 10 at the time of sailing.
thanks for any info!

The pricing is as followed.....the lower categorys will you have to give them a body part such as your leg or right arm.....cat. 4-6 will require you to give up your childs college fund, and body part.....cat 1-3...for these ones...they want your first born....a body part, and your childs college fund. :rotfl2: The rates for these cruises and pathetic! I'm thinking about trying another line....

Just got off the phone with my TA, she said she has had a lot of people take their names off the list. She said she was happy that DCL decided to go to the med. because families realized that if Disney is willing to go to the med, then it is ok for families with small children to go.

But... she said Disney shot themselves in the foot by announcing the prices so soon before booking. It is giving people too much time to comparision shop and making them realize how over priced the Disney cruises are.
So the ones still wanting to go to the med are switching to other liners.

So,,, I guess I'll be the only one crazy enough to go on the 10 day June 6th cruise. At least I won't have a problem finding at lounge chair at
the pool! :yay:

misseulalie said:
Just got off the phone with my TA, she said she has had a lot of people take their names off the list. She said she was happy that DCL decided to go to the med. because families realized that if Disney is willing to go to the med, then it is ok for families with small children to go.

But... she said Disney shot themselves in the foot by announcing the prices so soon before booking. It is giving people too much time to comparision shop and making them realize how over priced the Disney cruises are.
So the ones still wanting to go to the med are switching to other liners.

So,,, I guess I'll be the only one crazy enough to go on the 10 day June 6th cruise. At least I won't have a problem finding at lounge chair at
the pool! :yay:

I am glad the DCL put the prices out there now. Yes, people can comparison shop and pick another less expensive line, but it also means that maybe tier one prices will be available for more than a couple of hours.

I think we're going to shoot for a Cat. 2 on the June 16 11-night sailing (we'll have my birthday on board). With a family of 6, 2 verandah rooms cost just about as much as a Cat. 2 (because 2 kids would be paying adult prices). I know the repo is a little less expensive, but if we're going to spend that much money, I want to *see* something. Plus, my 14yo daughter really wants to see Rome. I'll miss those sea days, though. I live for see days!!

Karen

4kidsandadog said:
I think we're going to shoot for a Cat. 2 on the June 16 11-night sailing (we'll have my birthday on board). With a family of 6, 2 verandah rooms cost just about as much as a Cat. 2 (because 2 kids would be paying adult prices). I know the repo is a little less expensive, but if we're going to spend that much money, I want to *see* something. Plus, my 14yo daughter really wants to see Rome. I'll miss those sea days, though. I live for see days!!

Karen

I agree with you Karen. I LOVE the sea days! :sail:

DECISIONS... DECISIONS... :confused3

Good luck to everyone. We still have one foot on the dock and one foot on the boat. I'm sure we'll have many more discussions until we can book on the 4th. :goodvibes

Anyone else looking at the 10 day on June 27? We were looking at the 11 day but we'll save about a $1000 by switching and that will pay for ONE persons airfare. I can't wait. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter