It's ALL about the FOOD! An October 2012 PTR! - Trip Report Started.

Wow! excellent news, Paula!!!!!

Thank you!

Amazing news! He is going to be so happy to see you!

I'm hoping I can sneak up on him and surprise him without him knowing!

Whoo hooo!

Jill in CO

:cheer2:

Ahh yay!! That's such great news! :yay:

I couldn't beleive I finally got it!! Still :cheer2:

That is so COOL that you were able to get that flight!!!! What a great surprise that will be for him. Can you get a seat by him?? Oh wait, SW Airlines right? You should be fine sitting together! :cheer2:

Sounds like if you packed any more clothes that you would have to wear layers of clothes on the plane to get them to FL!!! :lmao:

Yup! SW airlines so we should have no problem sitting together. Someone on the October FB group said she couldn't imagine anyone trying to keep us apart lol.

You know the layers sound like a good idea... I wonder how that would look going through the full body scanner!! :rotfl2:

Oh I am SO happy for you!!! Yay!!

:thumbsup2 Thank you!! I know you have already left so wishing you wonderful Pixie Dust on your trip!! pixiedust:

Amazing way to start of the trip, right??? :) So happy it worked out!!

Yes! Its an awesome way to start! The ironic part is the flight I WAS booked on is now showing as "Sold Out" and my new one bounces between $230 and $350 lol!

SO I wasn't on the boards yesterday... I was getting my hair done for my trip! Nice and SHORT so as not to have it stuck to my neck the whole trip!!

But... Yesterday was ONE WEEK till I see my happy and we arrive in Orlando!!!

Today is ONE WEEK till we enter a WDW park!!!

:cool1: :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2:

Does anyone know the answer to this... I'm afraid to head to the main forums to ask lol!

We arrive LATE, after Magical Express stops picking up the bags so we have to pick them up from baggage claim ourselves. Our only option for food is to stop at the Hyatt in the airport (they have a bar and another area that is open till 1am). What can we do with our bags?!?!?! I'm thinking we will have 6-7 bags total. Some big some small!

Anyone?!?!

Thanks!!

Does anyone know the answer to this... I'm afraid to head to the main forums to ask lol!

We arrive LATE, after Magical Express stops picking up the bags so we have to pick them up from baggage claim ourselves. Our only option for food is to stop at the Hyatt in the airport (they have a bar and another area that is open till 1am). What can we do with our bags?!?!?! I'm thinking we will have 6-7 bags total. Some big some small!

Anyone?!?!

Thanks!!

Sorry... thought I could find the answer on the MCO airport website but it's not very helpful. I wonder how long you can leave the bags on the luggage carousel before the airline puts them in storage? You could call and ask and see if you have time to grab a quick bite. Are all the food courts closed when you arrive?? (Not that you want your first meal to be baja fresh!)

Sorry... thought I could find the answer on the MCO airport website but it's not very helpful. I wonder how long you can leave the bags on the luggage carousel before the airline puts them in storage? You could call and ask and see if you have time to grab a quick bite. Are all the food courts closed when you arrive?? (Not that you want your first meal to be baja fresh!)

Yeah... I've never found ANY Airport website very helpful!! I've read that all the airport restaurants close by like 10pm though so the Hyatt restaurants appear to be the only choice! I'm just not sure about dragging all the luggage into a bar/restaurant. I guess I will venture out to the transportation board and see if anywhere there knows any other alternative!

More good flight news!!

In September I converted a combo of old Rapid Rewards flights (that expired in October) and new Rapid Rewards points to a Standard Award. I figured I would be able to use that for my flight and get a credit for what I had already paid! Unfortunately when I did the conversion there were NO Standard Award seats available for my date. As I have Obsessively checked it I noticed that as the date got closer more flights would open up. Unfortunately the only ones that were coming available for my date were the 12 hour flights with 2 layovers (Um... NO THANKS!) Well thanks to my OCD ways and checking 12 times a day I finally saw the same flight I am booked on become available. I quickly booked it and then cancelled the one I had paid for. I now have a $230 credit to see my hubby in December. (Along with a $44 (was $49 but used $5 for Security Fee on my free flight) credit from my return flight dropping in price!

So in total what started out as airfare costs of $250 for my husband and $420 for me became $212 for Hunter (with $38 in credit) and $143 for me (with $277 in credit!). I am not positive my husband will be able to use the credit as of right now he is not flying anywhere. I will be using my credit most definitely! It will pay for my trip to see Hunter in December AND at least half of January!!

I am thinking of using $20 of the credits for Early Bird Check-in on our return flights. Normally I don't bother HOWEVER. Our flight check-in 24 hours ahead falls DURING our V&A reservation! Not exactly prime-time for messing with getting checked in!!

3 days till we are on our way to Walt Disney World!! :cool1:

I am so FREAKIN EXCITED!!! :hyper:

Not much for updates at this point! Hopefully will finish packing today so I am all set to go come Thursday morning!

Yay for 3 days!!!! So excited for you!! And great that you get to fly with your hubby now! Good job getting your prices lowered too! :)

Yay for 3 days!!!! So excited for you!! And great that you get to fly with your hubby now! Good job getting your prices lowered too! :)

Now 2 days!! I can't believe it!!! I'm so happy I get to fly with my hubby!!!

AHHH three days! That's amazing!

It is amazing!! I can't believe its almost here!!

Yay for the awesome flight news!!! :banana:

And holy cow! Now just 2 days! Let me start the party...

:dance3: :banana: :cool1: :yay: :cheer2: :woohoo:

Thanks for getting the party started! I am in shock its only 2 days away!!

My Minnie Nails!! I hope they last!!

6D5289C2_zpscbdd608f.jpg

Tomorrow, Tomorrow!!

WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!!​

Yes, it's only 5:15am for me but I am awake. About to get ready for my lovely last day of work... Then its off for my pedicure and a few last minute items!

Hoping to get some sleep tonight and then its off to the airport for my really long trek across the country.

Thankfully I'll be picking some company up about 1/3 of the way there! :cheer2:

Paula- have an AWESOME trip! Can't wait to hear about the suprise at the airport with your DH!

I am sure you guys will have a blast, and I will keep an eye out for you. If nothing else, I hope to spot you at HDDR!

Yay!!!! So exciting!! Hope you get some sleep tonight, but who does right before a Disney trip???

Thanks Andrea!! I am really hoping to get some sleep. I don't have to head out super early so hopefully I get some rest. It's a REALLY long day tomorrow!

Paula- have an AWESOME trip! Can't wait to hear about the suprise at the airport with your DH!

I am sure you guys will have a blast, and I will keep an eye out for you. If nothing else, I hope to spot you at HDDR!

I hope I'm able to pull off the surprise!! Yes! I will be looking for you at HDDR review as well! Maybe we can all move over to the Territory Lounge at WL after?!?!

I must have missed your nail post, but they are so cute! Love them! :goodvibes

Thanks! I LOVE them! And I'm not usually a fancy nail person!!

Your nails are adorable! :) I hope you have an AMAZING trip and a spectacular reunion with your husband! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter