It's Back-January Trip-A-Day Contest!

Aahhh! I saw an email in my inbox from Betty...got SO excited for half a second, until I saw the last name was Crocker! :(

At least yours said Betty.....Mine was Betsy and the scream started to come out as I stopped it mid stream when the brain caught up.

I am so happy for you and your son. I have a 14 year old son who has autism and I know how big those challenges are for them. Wishing him continued progress!! :banana: yay

Thanks. I'm sure as you know, every day is a new day and a journey. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. (hopefully a winning email)

And thanks to all the other posts that congratulated us. It really is a big deal even if the thought fades. It gives hope that he will come back to the thoughts and beliefs about what an awesome person he is. Hope is an amazing feeling.

Not much is worse than getting an email this month into your "promotions" box with the word Disney in it...my heart jumps with excitement than I realize it says "d23" or "disney store"...

STOP TAUNTING ME

I'm so glad I'm not the only one going insane over all this and that I have a place to come and see that. I'm so glad I found you people.

:grouphug:

It took about a week or two for someone from Disney to contact us after we sent in our affidavit last year. But the Disney travel agents were wonderful!!

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around winning :dance3:, I think having the travel plans in place will make it more "real". :yay:

Did they tell you when you would go and which property you would stay or did they give you options to choose from? :confused3

Keep in mind, though one winner was chosen for Jan 10 and just notified today, she may have been selected as an alternate if the previous winner did not respond in time. Since the Jan 4 winner was notified Jan 8, it doesn't seem like they are too far behind, but maybe they have fallen further behind now!

The official rules say the daily drawing will be conducted 3 business days after the daily entry period closes and that the winner will be notified 1 business day after the drawing. If you figure in weekends and Martin Luther King day they seem to be right on schedule! :)

That's what I was thinking if they are only contacting one winner a day, then they would only be up to the 13th when you take into consideration weekends and holidays (especially if the Jan. 10th winner was an alternate). I didn't start entering until the 11th, so I have to admit I'm on pins and needles. If that's true, we'll see winners until mid-February.

Also, it may be that they're doing one a day and waiting for the person to contact them to make sure they don't draw the same person twice. The January 4th winner said she had until the 10th to respond, so if a few took the maximum time it makes sense that they could be backlogged.

I think we'll see more winners yet.

Oooooo....WINNERS! Yay, so good to hear. Yes winning can happen! Congrats to the winners! .... Living vicariously (for now :goodvibes)

I've been thinking about where I'd like to stay if I won. We've only been twice, neither deluxe.

I've always wanted to stay at the Poly, but not with the construction going on. We'd take our trip in the fall; I wonder if the Poly would be done by then?

My top 3 would be:
1. Beach Club
2. Yacht Club
3. Contemporary

CONGRATULATIONS to ALL of the winners on this thread!! The trip winners, the job winners and the family milestone winners!!

Now, I have an even bigger list of "email searches" every day to include the following terms: Disney, Ventura, Sweepspro, sweepspro.com, Betty, Betty Woods...:lmao:

AND..the only "Disney" email's I've received this month are just payment confirmations I've made for our June trip...:rolleyes2

MAYBE, it will be just as nice if I don't win the trip but instead I get a PIN for FD in June? I'll take that as a consolation prize! :rotfl2:

I think it's utterly amazing that this contest is open to sooooo many people and already, this group has 2 winners!!!

I hope Disney does this year after year.

So much fun!!

I, too, am so happy I found this group. I come to this board at least 5 times a day.

And yes, I got the Betty Crocker email too. For a split second, I thought I had won.

:rotfl:

Congrats to the winners!!! I just found this thread and have been entering this contest everyday! Thanks so much for the details on the emails you received. Please keep us updated on the whole process, your plans, and your amazing trips! :thumbsup2

Anyone having problems entering today? i have been trying off and on for several hours today and I get the maximum submissions message.

My Cinderella loving girl would love to spend a night in the castle.

Anyone having problems entering today? i have been trying off and on for several hours today and I get the maximum submissions message.

My Cinderella loving girl would love to spend a night in the castle.

I just struck out. Got the error message, tried again and got the "maximum submissions" message.

What a crock.

I didn't have problems today. Yesterday, there was no enter button.

By the way, I just decided to join the boards today. I have been lurking watching for winners.

Argh! I wish I had read this thread a week or so ago. I received the email but it really looks like junk. I saw it on my phone and didn't see Disney in the subject line because the screen is so small. I also remember laughing about being a "potential" winner before I hit the delete button. I just hope the family that won because of my fear of computer viruses and phishing scams has a wonderful trip.

Argh! I wish I had read this thread a week or so ago. I received the email but it really looks like junk. I saw it on my phone and didn't see Disney in the subject line because the screen is so small. I also remember laughing about being a "potential" winner before I hit the delete button. I just hope the family that won because of my fear of computer viruses and phishing scams has a wonderful trip.

Uggghhhh....so sorry!!!:hug: I would be devastated if I thought I may have deleted a winning email....I've been scouring my junkmail since this contest started.

Oh no! :scared1: I admire your attitude, as I would be going nuts.

I just struck out. Got the error message, tried again and got the "maximum submissions" message.

What a crock.

That happened to me yesterday (and has definitely happened a few other times in the past weeks). Does that mean we weren't entered the days we received those messages?? How frustrating!!

Oh no! :scared1: I admire your attitude, as I would be going nuts.

I'm definitely angry with myself but we were just there in September. I also think things happen for a reason so I'm hoping the family that won really needed a fun vacation. Who knows, maybe they'll pick me again.

Congrats to the winners!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting (and relieving) to hear of winners first hand :cool1::cloud9::hug::cheer2:

@dismsn oh dear, I'm sorry that happened to you!:hug: It sounds like something I would do, although I don't get a lot of spam mail, but it would make me suspicious. pixie dust that you're an alternate winner!!! It could happen...

My spam mail is normally 1-2 emails so it won't be a problem of me deleting, I just need to remember to check it :laughing:

Oh my, @disman, how frustrating for you! I'm actually a bit surprised that they didn't bother to send an extra email when they didn't get a response that first time.

Stupid Disney! I'll never go there again in protest!

hahah, j/k of course. But still.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter