Its been more than 7 years, I'm returning for Boma...bombard me.

rivercottage

Lazy River Expert
Hello there, long time user of the world, but its been soooooo long since my last visit.

Basically I'm returning to the world just then I can have a cocktail at Victoria falls then decend the beautiful stairway to the heaven that is Boma.

I'd adore to see any recent photos you may have. I seem to remember meat being carved...thicky, I remember a flight of red wine, I remember little domes of gooey goodness.

Just can’t let this go by without a comment. Boma is a MUST DO every trip😋 It has always been the most perfect dinner, filling though. So this October trip, doing the breakfast buffet, giving the body a chance to walk off those yummy calories.

Not to burst your bubble, but we’ve had poor experiences the last three times we’ve eaten at Boma. I ate there once with DD, once with DS, and once with DS & DH (and DS complained because he didn’t want to give it another shot, but DH had chosen it for the meats). We all used to love it, like you, but we’ve had lukewarm food, fatty and grisly meat, few choices, food items not replenished, stale cookies, drinks not refilled. I’m a soup fan, and all three times they were disappointing. My husband thought the meat selections were poor and bad quality. I ended up eating off the children’s selections that night. I guess we could have been unlucky on those three occasions, but we won’t be going back for dinner. (Breakfast was still fine.)

If you decide not to go to Boma but are at AKL, they used to have zebra domes in the refrigerated grab & go section of The Mara. I haven't been there in a long time so I don't know if that's still the case.

Just can’t let this go by without a comment. Boma is a MUST DO every trip😋 It has always been the most perfect dinner, filling though. So this October trip, doing the breakfast buffet, giving the body a chance to walk off those yummy calories.
It's such a special place isn't it! Ive never done a breakfast, I bet its AMAZING though

Not to burst your bubble, but we’ve had poor experiences the last three times we’ve eaten at Boma. I ate there once with DD, once with DS, and once with DS & DH (and DS complained because he didn’t want to give it another shot, but DH had chosen it for the meats). We all used to love it, like you, but we’ve had lukewarm food, fatty and grisly meat, few choices, food items not replenished, stale cookies, drinks not refilled. I’m a soup fan, and all three times they were disappointing. My husband thought the meat selections were poor and bad quality. I ended up eating off the children’s selections that night. I guess we could have been unlucky on those three occasions, but we won’t be going back for dinner. (Breakfast was still fine.)
Ohhhh nooo! im sorry to hear that, its so awful to have an amazing memory of somewhere and go back to see its gone down hill. Not sure I could keep a smile if my thickly sliced meat was chewy...maybe the wine flight would take the edge off?...I remember those soups now you mention them! I remember them being so good

If you decide not to go to Boma but are at AKL, they used to have zebra domes in the refrigerated grab & go section of The Mara. I haven't been there in a long time so I don't know if that's still the case.
Ohhh thats a good call! I remember Mara too...its all coming back to me...(meatloaf (the singer))

Not sure about the lesser experiences being reported on this thread, but we've been there several times in the past year, and it's absolutely not our experience, and is still a must-do - excellent food, excellent service, excellent choices. There are still a couple items (mostly in the salads area) that never seemed to return post-Covid - but until I get through the carving station, bobotie, and at least 3 of the soups, salad doesn't fit anyway before dessert! Enjoy your evening......

We've eaten at Boma several times in the last couple of years for both breakfast and dinner and it has been excellent every time. It's one of our favorite restaurants on property. Just make sure you arrive hungry :). Favorites are the sliced ham with the Boma mustard (or basically anything with that mustard), the soups, the ribs (I was surprised how much I liked these as I normally don't care for Disney ribs), bobotie, the sticky buns, and oddly enough the scrambled eggs with spinach and feta (best scrambled eggs I have ever had). I like the zebra domes just fine, but don't gush over them like most people do.

Boma is a must do for us. We have a AKL stay coming up in Jan and plan on going for both breakfast and dinner - though not on the same day :goodvibes.

I wrote about Boma dinner and breakfast in my Dopey dining report from this January, I enjoyed both! I think breakfast is the better value (having done both meals multiple times a few years apart) but dinner is more interesting though definitely buffet quality. It’s definitely a quantity over quality meal and nothing will blow your socks off, but the food is quite good and great for people with big appetites. Definitely something for everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_3403.jpeg
    IMG_3403.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3404.jpeg
    IMG_3404.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3405.jpeg
    IMG_3405.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4297.jpeg
    IMG_4297.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4298.jpeg
    IMG_4298.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4299.jpeg
    IMG_4299.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 26
Not sure about the lesser experiences being reported on this thread, but we've been there several times in the past year, and it's absolutely not our experience, and is still a must-do - excellent food, excellent service, excellent choices. There are still a couple items (mostly in the salads area) that never seemed to return post-Covid - but until I get through the carving station, bobotie, and at least 3 of the soups, salad doesn't fit anyway before dessert! Enjoy your evening......
Absolutely, no time for salad when all the other treats are being offered up!

Nothing to add, having never been to Boma, but had to comment on what a witty writer you are :) (Beautiful stairway to Heaven that is Boma) Will you do a trip report when you come back? You seem so fun!

We like Boma for both breakfast and dinner but I think I'd have to say that, given a choice of only one, we'd do breakfast. There's a nice range of the "normal" breakfast items and enough other different items (where we focus) that for us makes it a good value and nice experience.

The Zebra Domes are still there. Best dessert on the buffet, imo. I had a very nice dinner at Boma when I went. Some of the stations are confusing because it's not a consistent right to left flow. (meat station moved right to left but the next station moved left to right)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter