• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's gonna be an oven, but WE'RE GOING TO WDW in AUGUST!!! Final thoughts

OMG guys...this is it!! Only 2 more days!! One more day of work tomorrow...then some last minute packing and errands...and then we will be off super early on Wed am!! I feel like I just booked this trip yesterday!

I know I always complain about the fact that I never seem to be able to plan my WDW trips far enough out to be able to get the primo coveted ADR's etc...but the one bonus to booking your trip only a few months out is that the time just flew by and now it's almost time to go!! Yippeeee!!

In case anyone is following who will be there when I will...here's my spreadsheet at long last, now that I've finally figured a way to post pics!! If you think a Dismeet will work with your plans, PM me your cell number and we'll try to make it happen!! And I do hope that @chunkymonkey @ariane37 @MeghanEmily @Elandon @Monykalyn and...am I missing anyone? My apologies if I'm missing anyone...if you already PM'd me your number I have it!! Don't judge me by tons of rest and pool time and early nights lol...they may not all happen...but I am a lightweight lol

Disney Planning at July 21.jpg

Also...these are some items I ordered to ship to the CR which I hope have either already arrived or will shortly after our arrival!!

Disney Planning at July 21.jpg dress.jpeg nightshirt.jpeg tshirt.jpeg

OMG guys...this is it!! Only 2 more days!! One more day of work tomorrow...then some last minute packing and errands...and then we will be off super early on Wed am!! I feel like I just booked this trip yesterday!

Eeek can't believe the trip is finally happening!!

I know I always complain about the fact that I never seem to be able to plan my WDW trips far enough out to be able to get the primo coveted ADR's etc...but the one bonus to booking your trip only a few months out is that the time just flew by and now it's almost time to go!! Yippeeee!!

Yay!!

In case anyone is following who will be there when I will...here's my spreadsheet at long last, now that I've finally figured a way to post pics!! If you think a Dismeet will work with your plans, PM me your cell number and we'll try to make it happen!! And I do hope that @chunkymonkey @ariane37 @MeghanEmily @Elandon @Monykalyn and...am I missing anyone? My apologies if I'm missing anyone...if you already PM'd me your number I have it!! Don't judge me by tons of rest and pool time and early nights lol...they may not all happen...but I am a lightweight lol

I can't really see your spreadsheet - think it is not large enough to see the detail...but it looks very nice! :thumbsup2

Also...these are some items I ordered to ship to the CR which I hope have either already arrived or will shortly after our arrival!!

View attachment 259700 View attachment 259704 View attachment 259705 View attachment 259706

LOVE the outfits!!
It's so hard to plan nice outfits when I I know is that I'm going to SWEAT like crazy!
See you real soon!!:cheer2:

Yay! Can't wait! I'll text you asap so we can set up a time to meet. It will be my first official dismeet! Can you believe it?!?! I think I'm kind of shy with getting together with online friends. I know a bunch of people will be at the 8/25 Halloween party so maybe I should be more aggressive?

Thanks for the info!! I already have most of these things! Re: the mesh laundry bags - do you put your stuff in there and then put THAT right in the washer? Sorry laundry ignorant here lol! I used those mesh bags for my son when he went to camp but thought they were just for collecting the laundry lol!

I think it is probably worth just planning for like 5-6 days worth of clothes with the plan of doing laundry once in the middle of the trip..then we won't have to bring so much...AND we can have some room for souveniers lol!!

Speaking of souveniers...last time we were at WDW I bought a HM themed couch cushion that I love, only the tassles fell off it. I was hoping to get one or two more but they take up a LOT of luggage space lol...maybe this is a way I can have room lol

I usually use the mesh bags just to keep things separated and to transport it to and from the laundry room. I once tried to use the little plastic bags they give you in the room and had a terrible, terrible bag ripping incident, LOL!!

I take the clothes out of the mesh bag before going in the machine.

Doing laundry halfway through works well for us, because I inevitably want to wear something again, and in the summer that's impossible without washing because it's so hot!!

Two more days!! :dogdance::dogdance:

I always want to buy throw pillows but the lack of space makes me pause! I hope your trip is AMAZING!!

Doing laundry halfway through works well for us, because I inevitably want to wear something again, and in the summer that's impossible without washing because it's so hot!!

Very helpful. I'm planning to do laundry first time this trip.

I always want to buy throw pillows

My neighbor always asks the store to take the pillow out and she just brings home the cover. I've never tried this but think I might during this trip.

:cheer2: Ah so exciting!

but the one bonus to booking your trip only a few months out is that the time just flew by and now it's almost time to go!! Yippeeee!!
Yes!!! I agree :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful time!!! I wish our trips overlapped but I'll be coming in on the day you leave :worried: But I'll be hoping you have a wonderful time, can't wait to follow along! :goodvibes

View attachment 259700

View attachment 259700 View attachment 259704 View attachment 259705 View attachment 259
Oh my goodness....you are leaving tomorrow! I hope you have an absolutely amazing trip and I can't wait to hear all about it! I've been at my cottage in PEI (with no wifi) so am just getting caught up now! :)

It will be my first official dismeet! Can you believe it?!?! I think I'm kind of shy with getting together with online friends. I know a bunch of people will be at the 8/25 Halloween party so maybe I should be more aggressive?

I think I've had just one Dismeet before, but I have met people from other online groups and they have always been super nice. It is funny to meet people in person that you have only chatted with online, because you sorta feel like you know them already! Don't be shy!! Looking forward to meeting you!

I always want to buy throw pillows but the lack of space makes me pause! I hope your trip is AMAZING!!

Thanks!! Yes, throw pillows are cool and I like the idea of having some Disney in my house! But perhaps a smaller souvenier might be easier to bring home lol

My neighbor always asks the store to take the pillow out and she just brings home the cover. I've never tried this but think I might during this trip.

This is a good idea...I might think about that too!

I wish our trips overlapped but I'll be coming in on the day you leave :worried: But I'll be hoping you have a wonderful time, can't wait to follow along! :goodvibes

I wish we overlapped too! If I hadn't already booked my return flights I would have tried to extend another day lol

Have a great, wonderful time Kathy----you deserve this :) Am excited to read your TR!!!

Thanks!!!

I've been at my cottage in PEI (with no wifi) so am just getting caught up now! :)

I can't find your dates...are you going to be there the same time too!!

Here for people who couldn't see them...I am trying to post my spreadsheet bigger...I thought when you post thumbnails if you click on it you could see the bigger version? But maybe not lol.

Disney Planning at July 21.jpg

Yay for the trip being so close! I hope you have a great time! I hope no one is judging you for planning pool time and relaxation. There is nothing wrong with that, especially if it makes you happy!

Have a wonderful time!

Your spreadsheet is so organized!! Mine just end up being a list in spreadsheet form :rotfl:I guess I just like the little barriers set forth by the columns and rows, LOL!!

I can't find your dates...are you going to be there the same time too!!

Hi Kathy! Unfortunately not :(. We are on our way home from PEI now, overnighting in Cornwall. ON. I leave for Disney on the 21st and am beyond excited! So sad to miss you guys by only 2 days though. I hope you have a magical trip!

If I hadn't already booked my return flights I would have tried to extend another day lol
Darn it! And here I am wishing I'd extended my trip on the front end by a day ::yes::

Have a wonderful trip, Kathy!!!! You really deserve this. :hug:

Can't believe you're on your way this morning, Kathy!! Your spreadsheet looks so organized and will give you a great framework. I think planning in the extra pool time and rest time is an excellent idea! Hopefully we'll make a meet happen at MK on the 18th—I'll be in touch! If we don't hear from you again, have an amazing trip!!

Safe travels! Hopefully meet up by Soarin Sunday morning! It is HOT and we've spent afternoons in the pool. Did laundry yesterday - sweat happens lol!

Hi guys!! We are at WDW!! I will fill in more details later but I want to share our arrival day so that I don't forget!!

So, yesterday, Disney Day!!! We got up ridiculously early at 5am, had a quick breakfast and made our way to the airport. We got there a good 2 1/2 hours prior to our 8am flight, which I would have thought was more than adequate...with us having to go through customs etc. We are lucky because our Toronto airport has US customs right there, so we can get that out of the way before Actually leaving the country!

But...we got to the airport and CHAOS!! We got in one ridiculously long line. I had not been able to check in online because apparently I had been selected randomly for extra security screening. Go me. So. One long line...then a nice agent came over and asked what time our flight was and I said "8am" so she says "come with me" and takes us over to another...just as long line. I was actually getting worried because it was not moving..and they actually don't let you check in for your flight less than an hour before...and it was getting close. Luckily just as I was really starting to panic...another agent says "anyone on a flight leaving at 8am?" and I was all over it. They look us and got us checked in just in time!!

After that, we still had to go through security and customs....let's just say..when we finally got to our gate, we had all of 5 minutes to grab some water and a snack and then it was boarding time!! Whew!! It was a little bit of a stressful way to start the trip!! But we made it...

To be continued later! We are off to AK!

Hi guys!! We are at WDW!! I will fill in more details later but I want to share our arrival day so that I don't forget!!

So, yesterday, Disney Day!!! We got up ridiculously early at 5am, had a quick breakfast and made our way to the airport. We got there a good 2 1/2 hours prior to our 8am flight, which I would have thought was more than adequate...with us having to go through customs etc. We are lucky because our Toronto airport has US customs right there, so we can get that out of the way before Actually leaving the country!

But...we got to the airport and CHAOS!! We got in one ridiculously long line. I had not been able to check in online because apparently I had been selected randomly for extra security screening. Go me. So. One long line...then a nice agent came over and asked what time our flight was and I said "8am" so she says "come with me" and takes us over to another...just as long line. I was actually getting worried because it was not moving..and they actually don't let you check in for your flight less than an hour before...and it was getting close. Luckily just as I was really starting to panic...another agent says "anyone on a flight leaving at 8am?" and I was all over it. They look us and got us checked in just in time!!

After that, we still had to go through security and customs....let's just say..when we finally got to our gate, we had all of 5 minutes to grab some water and a snack and then it was boarding time!! Whew!! It was a little bit of a stressful way to start the trip!! But we made it...

To be continued later! We are off to AK!
Oh no! It sounds like it was super crazy at Pearson! Were you on the 8:00 flight with Air Canada? That is the flight I am taking on the 21st. I am always there at least three hours in advance because I am so paranoid of the crowds. How were the new security procedures? So happy you got on the plane safely. Can't wait to hear about your adventures at AK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter